problem with cursor- help pls- urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

santu_29

Journeyman
hi
i am facing a very annoying problem. the mouse pointer stays where it is <sticks on the screen>, but the mouse is working. its that i dont see the cursor move but i can use the mouse to click on anything though i cant see the cursor move. i restart the pc and every thing works well for some time.again suddenly the cursor(mouse pinter) hangs and does not move though the mouse pointer is working and i am clicking on what i want. its not that the mouse has hanged, its working properly, its the pointer(the visual arrow).
i want to add that, the mouse stays on(i.e. the led below stays on even though i switch off my pc), it goes off only after i switch off my ups.

specks:
asrock-intel845 motherboard
512 ram
p4 2.4 processor
xfx 6200 agp
using adsl via lanport onboard
56kbps modem
aureal soundcard

did you install some cursor program like cursorxp or somehing?

if you did, try disabling/uninstalling that, and restarting, or take off your mouse, restart, plug it back in and install new drivers

OP
santu_29

santu_29

Journeyman
re:

i havent installed any cursor program, i want to add that, th mouse stays on(i.e. the led below stays on even though i switch off my pc), it goes off only after i switch off my ups.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
is it a USB or a PS/2 mouse...

restart in safe mode..
rmove the mouse drivers from device manager,
and then when ur adding them,add logitech PS/2 drivers...should work now..

also u can try using the same mouse in some other PC to check if something is wrong with PC or mouse!

OP
santu_29

santu_29

Journeyman
i updated the drivers, bought my friends mouse, but no change, i am not using any programs like cursor xp

::vicky::

In the zone
ok two more things reinstall ur os if u dont have xp install xp and one more thing have ur port of mouse checked

OP
santu_29

santu_29

Journeyman
thanks for all the support, i got it right finally. got a reply from my motherboard vendor (asrock) via email, it was a jumper that had to be set, did it and its working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom