Problem in NFS Underground 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok.. so i think its better to change my card.. but rite now am not too sure cos am not in my house 8) so lemme see.. btw can u jus suggest me a gud card for my other PC in which i was using.. rite now thats a poor pc.. jus PIII 900 Mhz.. 128 MB ram.. no graphics card.. :( only intel extreme onboard graphics card.. but rite now i got prob wit display card n i need to change it so that the comp works... so temme.. i got one more ram slot free.. should i add only a ram n a display graphics card or is it better to change the whole mother board n get a pIV 2.8?? or can i change it AMD or sumthin??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Budget Budget Budget.....That what we need to suggest ya on sometin mate :wink:

Minimal Fx5200 with 128MB VRam costing about 2.5 to 3.5k....Also ur query is confusing me.......Let me see here urs is a P3 with 128MB ram right now so u should have atleast one more ram expansion slot free to insert a 128MB or 256Mb direct memory chip....but graphics card on ur onboard i doubt that.....see if ur Mobo has an agp slot....then a Gfx card upgrade is possible.....But instead of this lengthy procedure i reckon u better change ur Processor and a Mobo to be safe with playin games for sometime now......now Intel or Amd Again that depends on ur budget????? :wink:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well well.. i need to finish it all mayb within a max of 10 to 12 K is it possible?? and which is better also.. AMD or INTEL??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
well well.. i need to finish it all mayb within a max of 10 to 12 K is it possible?? and which is better also.. AMD or INTEL??

No thats more like it.......a budget range :D

then where's the problem.....ahhh yes the same old Amd Ya intel confusion......don't think Its just Amd Athlon 64 3000+ all the way with a Asus K8V Mobo......Will do wonders For ur budget :lol:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
hmm so i shld go in for INTEL...rite?

hey come on mate....i aint speakin in french out here am I :lol: :lol:

I mentioned clearly Amd Proccy....but u seems stuck up to intel....so ur choice buddy :wink:

Amd Will give ya a full value for money.....so from my side consider it AMD Inside 8)

supersaiyan

In the zone
go for amd.nothin else. better perfomance cheap price and futureproof. see if u can find ne dealers which provide proccy+mobo combo. the combos let u save some money. tell me the money u r left with and i may be able to tell u the right gfx card also.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok am bringin up this topic back.. i got a qery that may go in with this thread.. :D now i have the intel i845 mobo.. does this have onboard GFX?? cos i saw in the above posts that 845 and above has onboard gfx.. right now i have plugged in the same old cra*py m64.. so incase this mobo has onboard.. can i disable m64 thro bios or sumthin and make my onboard work.. cos i don wanna open the cabinet now..and disconnect the m64.. and mainly will it run atleast a lille smoothly with 256 mb ram.. and onboard gfx.. :?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The i845G/GL chipsets have onboard video. You dont need to disable/remove the M64. All you have to do is to to plug your monitor into the onboard video connector.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok so will it provide the graphics that is enuff for runnin nfs ug?? cos right now the m64 doesn help me to run.. even if at 800*600 is fine for me..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You will be able to run it at low detail and resolutions and may experience longer load times, and all the pains that come with the onboard video solution. But you should be able to at least run it. You would have been better with an extra added FX 5200 which is about 3k and would have dramatically increased your performance when it came to games.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
ok so will it provide the graphics that is enuff for runnin nfs ug?? cos right now the m64 doesn help me to run.. even if at 800*600 is fine for me..
Anytime Better than that crappy M64 Atleast.My Advice turn Every Darn Detail to its lowest (also adivsable 640x480 res for some extra addition of Frame rates).NFSUG must atleast deliver you atleast 20 to 25 Fps depending on the Processor and Memory available :D

@enoo....Well bala was actually considering or rather planning or rather waiting for his "6800Gt GFX Card Upgrade" and you are sticking him up with Fx5200 :lol: :wink:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
lol ya m8.. esp right now ill b a CompTIA certified hardware and networking tech. i can tell my dad v need to upgrade and build a sys of my own :p lol

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok now @allwyn.. i jus wanna know wat wld b the best mobo with gud stuffs.. cos right now my mobo sux.. its jus P III 866 i dunno which chipset also but its a mercury.. must have a agp2/4X i guess.. so i think i shld go in for a new mobo.. so i need a mobo.. ram.. gfx.. and my budj. is bout 10-15.. (incase i get 6800 gt i will go for it..) but temme a ram and mobo with processer also.. with say FX5200 or sumthin...

P.S my gfx shld allow me to play POP :SOT if not WW..

roshbinarc

Right off the assembly line
i also have a problem NFSU2 demo - i have 256 MB Ram with geforce FX 5200 with 128MB - the demo i installed from digit DVD keeps flashing - so that i cant play the game :(

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@enoonmai i jus saw the back panel.. there is only one video connector ( DB15) so wher do i connect.. or can u jus explain in a lille more detail..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
ok now @allwyn.. i jus wanna know wat wld b the best mobo with gud stuffs.. cos right now my mobo sux.. its jus P III 866 i dunno which chipset also but its a mercury.. must have a agp2/4X i guess.. so i think i shld go in for a new mobo.. so i need a mobo.. ram.. gfx.. and my budj. is bout 10-15.. (incase i get 6800 gt i will go for it..) but temme a ram and mobo with processer also.. with say FX5200 or sumthin...

P.S my gfx shld allow me to play POP :SOT if not WW..

Ummm.....Lets see now is this allowed out here in this section.....Bahhh....well anyways,So you need a Mobo and Ram Combo for now with a Fair Gfx card for around 10-15k,right.So this means you will have to go in for an overall haul of Proccy and then the Mobo combo.Just lemme know on you final budget and then we'll decide accordingly :wink:

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Runs fine on my mobo. But trust me a RIVA is not meant to handle such new age games. Upgrade ur graph card and try reinstalling the game. I am pretty sure it'll work.

dreams

Gracias Senor
this shows tht the ram memory is not sufficient to support the graphics.. cos NFS U2 contains lot of graphics.. so try upgrading ur RAM..

or just go and buy a gud graphics card.. either way shuld resolve ur prob..

..nJoy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom