Problem in NFS Underground 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@allwyn.. i tout about it and got my mind to this config..

A7V400-MX MotherBoard Rs 3100
AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Rs 5250
Hynix 512 MB RAM 266 MHZ Rs 2650
Samsung 80 GB HDD 7200 RPM Rs 2900
FX 5200 (256 MB) Rs 3700
LG CDRW+DVD ROM Rs 2500

Total Rs 20100

SOURCE

now that comes to about 20 K.. mayb if i sell my old mobo with its cpu, CD rom etc i will b gettin sum money..

I got a mercury mobo (don rem the mobo num as am not in my house),128 MB RAM,Samsung 52X CD-ROM,Intel PIII 866 MHZ.. how much do u think i can get by selling this.. about 5-7K atleast? :(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey bala sorry for the late reply dude had got hung up with some work :wink:

Anyways well the overall specs seems fair enough for normal gaming but i strongly recommend you loose that FX5200 card and if possible consider a Minimum of Ati Radeon 900pro.Trust me if you Really need the taste of the games at some High Resolutions then the Fx5200 will die out pretty soon.just inquire for the price of 9600pro at your place and see if it fits in your budget and if not then you can play games but consider running them at normal resolutions with some eye candy on FX5200 :D

Btw your old config......ummm.....ahhh....i dun know man must fetch you atleast 7k depending on thye condition of course :wink:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ah well ok.. i tout goin for ATI but then not sure.. anyways now i have a small porb m8.. actually i think my onboard card in my old mobo is gettin screwed.. so am plannin to get a low end card jus to make sure the mobo has a display card when i sell.. mayb sum tnt or sumthin within 1000 or sumthin.. or shall i jus service the mobo.. :D

[edited]

m8 jus chckd da prices.. man radeon pro is bout more than double the price.. i cant afford that now.. :( wat bout this one i have heard of this.. but how is it any idea

XFX PCX 6200 (256 MB) its jus bout 150 bucks xtra and i dont mind it.. but wat bout the card.. is it gud enuff?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
ah well ok.. i tout goin for ATI but then not sure.. anyways now i have a small porb m8.. actually i think my onboard card in my old mobo is gettin screwed.. so am plannin to get a low end card jus to make sure the mobo has a display card when i sell.. mayb sum tnt or sumthin within 1000 or sumthin.. or shall i jus service the mobo.. :D
Yea sure if its has an Agp slot then you can just try for TNT2 or Second hand Card say an Geforce 2 MX400 which will almost be at that price range.

bharathbala2003 said:
m8 jus chckd da prices.. man radeon pro is bout more than double the price.. i cant afford that now.. :( wat bout this one i have heard of this.. but how is it any idea XFX PCX 6200 (256 MB) its jus bout 150 bucks xtra and i dont mind it.. but wat bout the card.. is it gud enuff?
Oh No no.....the Nvidia PCX 6200 aint a AGP card but a PCI-E cards and wont fit on your AGP slot.This is rather a Cheap variant in the PCI-E Gfx card segment :) So Thats outta the question :(

bharathbala2003

why need title?
hmm ok fine... now temme sum gud card.. (bout 4K MAX) tat will allow me to play NFS UG,UG2 ( at gud frame rates) then i suppose it shld allow me to play the upcoming GTA :SA.. also POP :SOT..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
4k is still low man.....for this budget there's not much bang in Ati segments either......So i say stick with ur Fx5200 for a while or incease ur budget pal :?

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well this is the main prob.. rite now i cant ask my dad for more than 20 K total.. i mean it wld b a lot better if my old mobo went for say 7K and i get the stuffs for 13.. else shall i adjust in sumthin else in my config.. :( and will this card lemme run POP: SOT :roll: i know Nfs UG and UG2 will run.. also wat bout SAN ANDREAS.. ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
hmmm....well Budget probs ehh....then i say Fx5200 will be able to run this games but dun crank up the game to much high settings though as the game will choke up then.Try and keep resolutions to 800x600 and Dun even expect to Turn on AA and AF On while playing the games.So if you are willing to play em at normal settings then i guess this card will do for a while.Also POP:SOT Will work on it and give playable frame rates.Btw GTA:Sa's Req arent confirmed yet,also the game wont be much high on Detail i suppose so i guess this card must do with it as well :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
SA is using the spruced up VC engine which was also a tweaked up GTA 3 engine :) . So a 5200 will be able to handle the game quite well, no worries!

supersaiyan

In the zone
see for an agp slot the best 4k or lower card is the geforce fx 5200. for pci-ex the 6200 turbocache 32mb. but the drawback of the 6200 is that u outta have 512mb for good perfomance. ne wayz u don't have to worry abt the ingame graphic settings cause nowadaysthe game automatically detects ur card and optimises the grafix settings.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
hmm so i can go in for FX5200.. gud.. now back to the old part :( i will get that only next month as i will go home then only.. now i have this i845 mobo with this sick tnt2 m64 :( enoonmai said i can change the connection to the onboard controller and nfs ug may run fine... but when i looked at the back of the cabinet i dint find any other video connector (db15) he said this cos i dint wanna open my cabinet and remove the agp.. so nyways to make the tnt2 inactive and make the onboard work.. cos even at low frames i wanna play ug.. i bought it in decem and am still yet to play :(

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well @allwyn i went to the SP road and found out the prices here.. they vary widely from one shope to another.. i thought only two shops wer pretty gud..

ill jus paste the prices of my same config with tax

A7V400-MX MotherBoard Rs.2912
AMD Athlon 64 2800+ Rs.5824
Hynix 512 MB RAM 266 MHZ Rs 2392
Samsung 80 GB HDD 7200 RPM Rs2912
FX 5200 (256 MB) Rs 2704
LG CDRW+DVD ROM Rs 2496

total is bout 19200.. say i dump this FX256 MB.. i wld have 16.5K.. so i got 3.5K so will i b able to get a lille better card.. or shall i stick with this one..

viknesh

Right off the assembly line
All before! do you have luck?

I have a P4 2.4, 512 MB, RAM 128MB GeForceFX 5200 GPU

First i installed NFSu2 Demo and it ran very well, but next time when i installed after a system reinstall it crashed when i started the race, as it is a demo it is not well tested and its probability to run is nearly 50%

if u wanna really play it then just go for a full version it will be well tested and it will mostly run if you have proper configuration.

Even in my system it ran with minor strucks and snaps while i was driving but is good for resolutions such as 600X400

bharathbala2003

why need title?
u mean 640X480.. well i have the full versions thats not a prob.. and am pretty sure it will run fine with XFX 5200 (256 MB) wat am worried is about playin POP or upcoming games like GTA : SA or NFS Most Wanted..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Thats exactly the problem with this card bala....as this card is a good Budget Segment Entry Level Card but its Performance is not Much appreciated at higher end Gaming.Also Future games Playability will depend on how much Graphic intense the game is and will hence decide if its playable on this card or not.As far as POP is conerned this card can Handle both its versions....GTA:SA Might also be able to make it.....but beyond that it just=?????? :? Which means No future proofing gurantee :(

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ya man i get it.. mayb ill change the card next yr again.. but is it a proof till that time.. i need it for atleast one year min.. mayb next yr i can get a gud one.. will this card last?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
ya man i get it.. mayb ill change the card next yr again.. but is it a proof till that time.. i need it for atleast one year min.. mayb next yr i can get a gud one.. will this card last?

IMHO Nahhhhhhhhh....I Dun think so.Its Almost Showing its Aging out but will last for not more than a few months i guess....but lets just hope it atleast has the juice for handling the upcoming games at a bare minimum res :wink:

shaunak

Tux Fan
allwyndlima said:
chaos said:
It did run in the Intel's integrated graphics chipset acc. to my friends but the framerate was nearly zero.

i ran undreground 2 on my 865 mobo integratedcard and it ran fine with a good framerate even with some eye candy

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Shaunak.....I think Chaos meant the 845 Chipset which is Bad at delivering Frame rates for this game even at low resolutions and Minimum detail but My Nforce 2 Mobo Performs far more better than The Intel Onboard's :D Plus the best bet would be definetly to invest in a Graphic card for a feel Good Kinda experience :wink:

anubhav_har

In the zone
Check your minimum system requirements... Try changing your graphics cards. Buy a good graphics card and increase your RAM. I also tried running it on my Celeron 500 and 128MB Ram w/ GEForceMX440 32MB Video Card and it did not run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom