Problem in NFS Underground 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hi! Everyone, I am having a problem running NFS Underground 2 Demo. Firstly, I would like to inform that I use Win XP SP2 Home Edition with 128 MB SDRAM. My Graphics Card is: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro with 32 MB VRAM.
Whenever, I run the game, it starts of with the EA logo and the game video. But after that nothing is seen on the screen.. White and black blotches are seen everywhere.. ... I cannot play the game.. Even if I click around in the darkness and somehow manage to start the game, nothing is seen except the speedometer.. Plz help me out...
:cry:

Thanks...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
NFSU 2 on A Nividia TNT2 Will not be enough to run the game in a perfect manner as the specs of this card are not even close to The min requirement.....Its fortunate that this game atleast started on ur system.....the same problem occured at my friend's place graphic card was the major culprit here too Prosavage DDR with 32MB ram and the same probs as urs occured and tried every bit of graphic setting and even DirectX upgrading only to realise these type of cards Dun have the juice to play this game efficiently....take my word trash that TNT2 card out and get a new one..... 8)

chaos

Broken In
As far as I know, you need atleast a Geforce2-MX level card to play the game smoothly. And that too at min settings. It did run in the Intel's integrated graphics chipset acc. to my friends but the framerate was nearly zero.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
chaos said:
It did run in the Intel's integrated graphics chipset acc. to my friends but the framerate was nearly zero.

Depends On which integrated chipset he has.........the latest 845 mobo and then onwards supports this game with minimum settings and the frame rates aint better anyways(even with 256MB ram)......runs smoothly on the Nforce 2 chipset with 32MB shared Vram... :wink:

@vignesh.....dude read the post its a demo version he's running and as far as i know the demo's a retailed freely and certainly has nothin to do with the graphics problem :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Mine is an on-board SiS 650 and the game runs fine on it, albeit with everything turned off and the resolution at 800*600.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
//siddhartha// said:
Well, OK but if I increase my RAM , won't the game start ? As for my Windows, of course, it is legal....
Thanks....
allrite boss ive been seeing this topic for quite a while now
rather than you getting your ANSWER
you are being confused so
now let me tell you, you can increase your RAM,Processor
or change even your cabinet :p
but NFS UG 2 WONT WORK ON A RIVA TNT
you need a DIRECT X 8/9 SUPPORTED GPU CARD
or ONBOARD DIRECT X 8/9 supported GPU
then only it would work
:D

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11127&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

read this post i am facing same problem

but demo didnt runs on win 98
runs on win xp but i didnt see the full screen

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
//siddhartha// said:
Well, OK but if I increase my RAM , won't the game start ? As for my Windows, of course, it is legal....
Thanks....

The answer is no.......if ya mean the physical memory then it wont help the game in anyways unless the graphic card aint proving worthy enough to play the game then no matter how much ram u upgrade it wont make a diff.....Get urself a graphic card rather than ram....cause the ram u are having currently sufficient for the for a smooth enough gameplay :wink:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
allwyndlima said:
//siddhartha// said:
Thanks....

The answer is no.......if ya mean the physical memory then it wont help the game in anyways unless the graphic card aint proving worthy enough to play the game then no matter how much ram u upgrade it wont make a diff.....Get urself a graphic card rather than ram....cause the ram u are having currently sufficient for the for a smooth enough gameplay :wink:

im not so sure dude...NFSU2 lists 256MB RAM as the minimum....so get urself more memory and a decent graphix card and the game will run smoothly...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nemesis said:
im not so sure dude...NFSU2 lists 256MB RAM as the minimum....so get urself more memory and a decent graphix card and the game will run smoothly...

well not quite true mate.....i mean the requirement lists it as min req but the game runs dam perfectly at 256MB ram trust me have played it at good frame rate at 800x600 res of course :wink:

But GFX card is a must for this dude....without it the cars will just refuse to gear up :lol:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
wat about nfs 6 HP 2.. it also isnt workin for me.. with PIV,256MB ram.. 32MB Riva TNT2 M64??but i have played it in a low reslution wit effects off in a PIII with jus 8 mb onboard graphics card?? infact i have also downloaded the latest driver for the card..

NFSU2 Problem solved

Hi \\Sidharta||.
This is gopal here. :) I too had a TNT2 Pro 64 32 MB . I also used to get the same problem as u did. My friend told me ungrade my ram so i bought a 512 mb ddr 266 mhz but this did not work so i asked my comp. guy he told to upgrade atleast to geforce 2 so i bought and installed geforce2 mx 400 for about 2400 now it runs properly so buy a better graphics card :wink:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
guys i know upgrading the card to a new one is the best solution.. but i dont think i shld upgrade it..cos as far as i see nfs 6 HP 2 should work in this.. but i its not.. cos it runs fine in a PIII with onboard graphics card!! and i dont think i need more than 256 MB ddr ram.. cos most of todays games run smoothly in 128 itself if u have a gud graphics processer...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@bharathbala2003.....Ok now just play NFSU2 on 128Mb ram On a P4 2.8Ghz and with a TNT2 M64 card.......Since ur theory is that a good enough proccy is Enough to run todays games smoothly at 128MB ram.....Then consider Doom 3 Just blazing on my comp and The rest just a will just work like a breeze on my system :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are yaar The onboard on P3 running ur Nfs6 Hp2 is a diff thing and The comp running Nfsu2 on a TNT2 M64 is a diff thing.....the TNT2 M64 has got very low Gpu Even though it states a 32MB card it has low Open Gl subsytem and Even dosent support Hardware T&l Which are required my most games these days.....so the Gfx upgrade is the most Integral part for playin latest games smoothly :wink: Plus 256MB is the Minimum req for most games and include Xp's smooth browsing in it too....so ya see even though a 128MB was enough for ya to run ur NFs6 Hp2 (which is a dead game by now).....its not the same case with the NFS underground series mate....they are way too advanced over Thier Predecessors and the graphic engine too is enhanced :D So its the New Gfx card and Smooth New game policy ya seee :p

supersaiyan

In the zone
buy a new gfx card man. i mean seriously u can't expect the game to run on such an old card. wht's ur mobo. if its a 845 or above then the integrated grafix that is intel extreme graphics would be fine for running the game on low to low-medium settings. but u should have atleast 512 mb ram for good gameplay. the new comp at my uncle's place is a p4 2.0ghz prescott or something except it doesn't have a card . and the game runs runs smoothly and fastly on it. but remember too keep the settings to low or little bit higher. if u r using winxp make sure u free u the resources so as to get good gameplay or best if u can play it on win98.
merry racing.
p.s. be sure to try out the mitsubishi evo8 it rocks.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
arey yaar i know i cant play NFS U in my pc.. i was jus askin wat about NFS HP2.. even tho it may b dead i haven got my hands on any of nfs series since NFS 5 since i never had time nor the mood to play.. now i jus wanna play atleast NFS 6... isnt it possible in my comp? cos i tout of playin it my lap top.. but the prob is its a combo drive n hence cd read is only 24X!!!!!!!! first i tout it will work cos it had 64 MB ati redeon mobilty.. wit 256 MB ram.. but it dint work well.. or infact if i press the accel. button the car moves say after a gap of 10 secs!!! n mind u its happenin in all 3 NFS.. 6,U1,U2... but i could play GTA VICE CITY without any hinderence.. dunno y.. infact i could also finish mos parts of da game n got about 60% completion.. neither did SPIDERMAN 2 the movie work.. or MAN HUNT.. or WWE RAW 2 or PRINCE OF PERSIA SANDS OF TIME... y is it so.. n rem it was p IV 2.8,256 MB ddr ram.. 64 MB wit 8X agp.. ati redeon.. but i feel the prob is in the cd drive.. is it true? will these games run smoothly if i crack it.. which means i wont require any cd's?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
First off Nfs 6 Hp2 Suckssssss Big time :lol: :lol: Next off try making a virtual Cd for backing up ur Disc on ur hard drive besides It is better as it tends to start the games faster than accessing the Cd-Rom drive.....and there's no such thing that After applying a crack the game can run smoothly....it just tends to remove the Cd Check and Which is illegal too :(

Plus Forget Starting Siderman The Movie and POP Sands of time As these are quite high requirement games and may not be enough to run on ur Mobility Radeon Gfx as spiderman the movie requires Hardware T&l And POP Sands of times Requires Pixel Shader Supporting card :(

Btw Gta Even runs on Onboard graphics of Intel 810 with a Petium III proccy......as simple the game aint that heavy on graphics as u think :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom