prob in installing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom

Right off the assembly line
hey comp wizz,
Yesterday I tried to upgrade Window Xp sp-2 to windows Xp sp-3, In the middle of the installation, the power went off. When power supply came on,only the logo of window xp sp-3 was flashed but nothing happened. I restarted the computer, this led to chaos and the computer seemed to have a set up problem. When I restarted it again then the computer did not show any windows except the usual checking. Plz help.:( . now wat should I do.

shantanu

Technomancer
There is no SP3 for windows Xp , it will be launched to public in 2008.

You must have had any virus or unofficial distribution by some person.. which is illegal.. what they do is they compile all the updates from Windows and make a fake SP3... so dont install that... its dangerous...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yes..there is no XP with sp3.But I have seen a pirated XP Cd which claim to be XP SP3.I will suggest you to re-install ur old XP sp2.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
There are unofficial versions of Windows XP SP3 on net. It is also making rounds in many computer stores. I suggest not to go for unofficial service packs. Just install SP2 and Autopatcher XP.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
AutoPatcher is Official Patch, But u can find the unofficial SP3 in Digits's December 2005 DVD or from hotfix.net

"It's a 100+ hotfix pack of many of the Windows XP SP3 fixes up for download. These are fixes that you would have to call Microsoft and get through their support center."

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
There is no SP3 for windows Xp , it will be launched to public in 2008.

Note. there are talks that MS may not release another Service Pack for WinXP :p There might be No SP3 !!

may be the SP2 was the last... :(

Read here, *www.microsoft.com/communities/news...eral&tid=cfdc5da5-c701-4c88-9000-e08e626e36ef no offcial news from MS yet though !!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ya.It's the pirated xp-sp3 cd.I have also seen it.
My friend was telling me that he had vista,but after he booted I came to know it was:
winxp+unoffical sp3+vista theme=WINDOWS VISTA

shantanu

Technomancer
@saurav cheeta : SP3 will be lauched.. or a final service package atleast:

XP's 3rd (and final) Service Pack was back in November of 2006, so let me refresh your memory: In January 2006 Microsoft announced it was delaying SP3 to 2007. In April of the same year, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Microsoft was considering releasing Windows XP SP3 before Longhorn (now Windows Vista) shipped. Windows Vista was at that time expected to ship in the second or third quarter of 2006. Towards the end of 2006 Microsoft announced it was further delaying SP3 till the first half of 2008, also noting that this date is preliminary.

Some people are now suggesting that Microsoft may drop SP3 completely, and offer a last 'update rollup', the same way it did with Windows 2000: At the end of 2004 Microsoft announced it would cancel SP5 for Windows 2000, and issue an update rollup instead.

Although Microsoft is denying any such plans, it wouldn't surprise me if this would in fact happen. It's now over 31 months after SP2 was released back in August 2004, and the stated end of mainstream support for Windows XP is April 14, 2009.

Microsoft is saying that it wants predictable operating system releases, but it doesn't think the same should apply to service packs. On Microsoft's Service Pack Road Map web page it reads: "Microsoft continually works to improve its software. As part of this effort, we develop updates and fixes to recognized issues and release them for customers. On a regular basis, we combine many of these fixes into a single package and make the package available for installation". Sounds nice, but the reality with Windows XP (its most successful OS to date) is quite different. SP2 for Windows XP was released two years after SP1, and we're only a few months shy from the three year mark since SP2 was released. , Microsoft also declined to release an "update rollup" as an interem 'fix' untill it releases SP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom