Preview + Feedback [October 2010]

The Fast Track chapter in PDF format on the DVD? Is this the way of the future?

• I love it! Reading on screen is the future

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No way, just leave the Fast Track the way it is

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Only if you make it more interactive

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I don't really care either way

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
@sarosh: We will fix it, and immediately

@topgear: Will try and include those prices in Nov issue

@vishalgmistry: That's something I had changed. I'm completely against wasting another 2 pages of the magazine for an index that readers don't really need. People who are interested in the DVD should pop-in the DVD and see what's in it. We will tell you what we think is good on the packaging and in the half contents page for the DVD. I would rather add another 2 page article than 2 pages of software listing. Sorry. With limited amount of pages available to me, I'm always looking at ways to give you more information and articles.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Also... vishal... is that user title deliberate? You do know what it means, right?

sarosh

Journeyman
Thanks, I have total trust you will, you have achieved greater things than this.
BTW, some food for thought:)

In the several years of me being a subscriber, I never felt like complaining, I only made one suggestion years ago and it was implemented and even printed. So you must take that as a complement that besides the spelling mistakes, the rest is essentially flawless and close to perfect.

nashpd

Team Digit
Thanks for your feedback Sarosh. We're pleased to have you as a reader, and we'll be fixing the issue you have pointed out.

@Raabo

Just for the sake of suggestions, I need to register here.

1. I would suggest to add the spend smart/killer rigs pages to PDF rather than wasting pages from the magazine. Most of us already knew what exactly the prices are, and for those who are looking for, they can easily search in the pdf and can compare those online.

2. I would suggest adding the subscription booklet or the offers on the 1-5 pages, so we can know what exactly the offers are. I buy all the magazines available in my area- Digit, Chip, LFY, Computer active, EFY, Gadgets, whathifi, PC quest, Automobiles magazines etc. etc. I have a huge collection and most of the times I miss the new offers as the magazine hit @newsstand by second week here, and I read digit at the end of the month :(. I was lucky to get the digit magazine on the 1st of this month, and was surprised to see the collector edition which I am going to order by tomorrow.

3. You already posted to remove the DVD content details from the magazine.

4. I love the crossword back to the magazine. Please don't remove in forthcoming issues.

5. To make the special issue for the coming month (December), you can add some 3d pages and provide a 3D glasses with the magazine. I purchased this month Top Gear issue, and I like the new 3d pages. May be you can add few special pages in special issues.

6. You should add a Book Mark to insert into the magazine. It will be handy for digit members, and you can use ads in the Book Mark like other magazines do.

7. Great improvements in the magazine from the past 6 years. You do a lot of reviews in mobiles nowadays. Can you add a topic to compare Samsung Galaxy S and HTC Desire? There are lots of comparisons already available over the net, but this could still be the best article for Android Fans.

8. Please add a column of Jargons that you use in the magazines. It will easy for some beginners.

9. Most of the magazine pages are bright and colorful. Why the Tips and Tricks" pages are of low quality. Most of the novice read this section first, and this build a bad image of the magazine. For example: Check the page 75 Inquistor image, page 76 Orb's interface and streaming settings print. They are so bad to read. :(

10. There are some spelling mistakes or erros, but this can be reduced.

I love digit magazine and love to see few changes in forthcoming issues.

Thanks for reading this.

hpotter606

Journeyman
I still haven't received this month's digit. I was informed through an email that copy has been dispatched and will reach me in 7 days time. I asked for the tracking number but the tracking number doesnt work and I get a 'server error'. I sent a mail with 'Copy Delayed' as the subject but haven't received any reply. With so much praise being showered over Digit, I guess I was expecting a bit too much :(

ankurgel

He loves himself.
@Team Digit
I liked what all @dreatica suggested; especially the one about 3D pages (point 5). I also didn't like the quality of 'Tips & Tricks' pages (pg 73 - 80) but apparently thought it be a printing glitch.
And yeah, everyone do feel a need of a bookmark. I can't use Fast-Track to pinpoint the last read page everytime. :D

staticsid

Team Digit
Thanks dreatica for the extremely detailed feedback. Looking forward to more interaction of this sort. Cheers.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
@digit team; leave the fast track as it is. There's no need to give FT in DVD, we love hardcopy only.

Providing the last chapter on the dvd is really a cheap trick to save paper and increase your profit margins.

I can better material on internet, the only reason i buy digit (sometimes) is for the content in hardcopy, because eyes stain when reading much on the internet. I think those days are not far when you'll just send an Email to subscribers, this is the E-issue, read it and forget about hardcopy. Is this what you are trying to achieve ?

Really disappointed by this Mr. Raabo.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
i do know what that means :D

and thanks for pointing out about 2 pages i didn't thought of that.
and yeah please fast track as Hard copy not as PDF.

in villages power failure is big problem so they dont get much time to read it on PC.
but if you provide it as hard copy well then they can read even there is no power.

i prefer doing something else rather then reading a e-book on PC.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ rajivnedungadi wow - you got the nov issue on 28th oct - it's just too much fast and I think they are hurrying it up so that they can release dec issue on as fast as possible.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
@ rajivnedungadi wow - you got the nov issue on 28th oct - it's just too much fast and I think they are hurrying it up so that they can release dec issue on as fast as possible.

I just subscribed for these two months (nov-dec), so cant comment on the speed of delviery, secondly, digit office is hardly 2 kms from my house so they can supply it hot to me.

maxmk

*eitwebguru.com
got my november issue already but no preview of the same
wow thats really nice.. I have also subscribed for digit from this month and waiting to get my first subscribers copy.. I hope it will be on time :)

BTW Rajiv... If you don't mind can you give some information/preview of this month?? :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ It's here :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/133428-feedback-preview-november-2010-a.html

slugger

Banned
was reading the October issue. Did not like your practice of splitting articles and posting a part of it on the Internet.

Including it in the DVD can be understood - no gripes, but asking readers to access the article on the Internet is bad. If I am paying 150 bucks a month for the magazine, I expect to be able the full article, from within the Mag or DVD that I got from you.

Not every time can everybody access the Internet here in India - such individuals would therefore get to read incomplete articles

Please revoke this practice

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom