Preview + Feedback [June 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramesh

Journeyman
I received July issue today. As I was away I did not check the DVDs of June,2011 issue. Today I tried to open the DVDs of June and July, but they are not opening and the DVD player keeps on trying to access them. I tried this on two PCs, with same result. It seems either the replication process is poor or the quality of the DVDs used are not good? Please tell me what is the solution?

Last edited:

mukeshhrs

Right off the assembly line
dear sir,
i am almost regular reader of this magazine although i am purchasing or reading at my friend's home. pl compile all tips & trick's and troubleshooting articles in forum as thread and post them month wise. this will great help to those who are struggling against various computer related problems. i hope you will do so.
thanks mukesh harsh

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Thanks I did and they are sending me replacement DVDs, hope those DVDs will be ok.

No prob. Happy To help.

BTW, the DVD content of anniversary issue could have been better. Wasnt very satisfied. The best DVD content was of Month October 2008 and December 2008 :D

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of help here. Ordered & got shipped the June 2011 issue of digit with the 3 DVD's. But none of the DVD's worked. Sent a mail to them as suggested by one of the members in this forum, and they were very kind enough to send me replacement DVD's. Now none of these DVD's are also working ...

why is this ???? what do i do now ? Dont they do some quality check before shipping out the replacement DVD's atleast ? (if not the original discs that come with the magazine..)

- An irritated reader

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Thanks !

Most of the links within the 'autorun flash page' of the disc do not work.. for eg., the "view" button for viewing the movie / game trailers do not work.. any ideas ?

Tech&ME

Banned
Heh Heh.... dump that GUI for the cd/dvd,

manually go to the folders and play by right clicking on it..... that is much better.

gramesh

Journeyman
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of help here. Ordered & got shipped the June 2011 issue of digit with the 3 DVD's. But none of the DVD's worked. Sent a mail to them as suggested by one of the members in this forum, and they were very kind enough to send me replacement DVD's. Now none of these DVD's are also working ...

why is this ???? what do i do now ? Dont they do some quality check before shipping out the replacement DVD's atleast ? (if not the original discs that come with the magazine..)

- An irritated reader

Dear karhik, same with me. Any one out there can tell why this is happening?.

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Heh Heh.... dump that GUI for the cd/dvd,

manually go to the folders and play by right clicking on it..... that is much better.

Hmmm.. so does that mean the GUI is simply not meant to work ? I thought it must be a plugin issue or something with me..!

Developers.. . r u listening ?!!

Dear karhik, same with me. Any one out there can tell why this is happening?.

Is this to do with the June 2011 issue ?

Make sure that your DVD drive supports DVD +/- DL dual layer discs!! atleast that worked for me..

gramesh

Journeyman
Is this to do with the June 2011 issue ?

Make sure that your DVD drive supports DVD +/- DL dual layer discs!! atleast that worked for me..

yes, even the July issue DVD also gave the same problem, after a long time gap it got opened. How to check whether my DVD drive support DVD +/- DL dual layer discs?

karthik316_1999

In the zone
check it with nero drive info tool or it should be written on your drive's box itself..

or just google your model number for dual layer disc support..

gramesh

Journeyman
check it with nero drive info tool or it should be written on your drive's box itself..

or just google your model number for dual layer disc support..

Dear karthik, thanks for the help. I d/l the nero info tool and the drive info is pasted below. By seeing this it looks my DVD drive supports double layer DVDs. Please check and tell me.

Nero InfoTool 5.3.3.0

Drive Information
------------------
Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N
Type : DVD±R/RW DL Recorder
Firmware Version : 1.05
Buffer Size : 2 MB
Date : 07-12-27
Serial Number : 04845B9O
Vendor Specific : 07/12/27 7U02
Drive Letter : D:\
Mechanism : Tray
Read Speed : 48 X
Write Speed : 48 X

Read CD Text : Yes
Return C2 Pointers : No
Read CD-R : Yes
Read CD-RW : Yes
Read DVD-ROM : Yes
Read DVD-RAM : Yes
Read DVD-R : Yes
Read DVD-RW : Yes
Read DVD-R DL : Yes
Read DVD+R : Yes
Read DVD+RW : Yes
Read DVD+R DL : Yes
Read BD-ROM : No
Read BD-R : No
Read BD-RE : No
Read HD DVD-ROM : No
Read HD DVD-R : No
Read HD DVD-R DL : No
Read HD DVD-RAM : No
Read HD DVD-RW : No
Read HD DVD-RW DL : No
Read HD-BURN : No
Read Digital Audio : Yes
Read CD+G : No
Read VideoCD : Yes

Write CD-R : Yes
Write CD-RW : Yes
Write DVD-R : Yes
Write DVD-RW : Yes
Write DVD-R DL : Yes
Write DVD+R : Yes
Write DVD+RW : Yes
Write DVD+R DL : Yes
Write DVD-RAM : No
Write DVD-RAM : Yes
Write BD-R : No
Write BD-RE : No
Write HD DVD-R : No
Write HD DVD-R DL : No
Write HD DVD-RAM : No
Write HD DVD-RW : No
Write HD DVD-RW DL : No
Write HD-BURN-R : No
Write HD-BURN-RW : No
Buffer Underrun Protection : Yes
Mount Rainier : No
SolidBurn : No
Labelflash : No
LightScribe : No
Modes : Packet, TAO, DAO, SAO, RAW SAO, RAW DAO, RAW SAO 16, RAW SAO 96, RAW DAO 16, RAW DAO 96

Region Protection Control : RPC II
Region : none
Changes User : 5
Changes Vendor : 4

CSS : Yes
CPRM : Yes
AACS : No
VCPS : No

Tech&ME

Banned
^^

hmmmmm

(Offtopic post just to help him)

if it is still not working!

Try the following:

1. Wash the Digit DVD with cold water . Dry it with a soft towel (You can put it is shade out side in your home garden to dry, but avoid direct sunlight.)

2. Now check if this works. If not goto step 3

3. Open up your DVD drive and with a soft cloth clean the lens using camera lens cleaning liquid (you can get it in any camera shop)

4. Now try the digit dvd.

Hope it helps!

P.S : If this does not work, open a separate thread in this forum for further support/help from us.

Last edited:

gramesh

Journeyman
^^

hmmmmm

(Offtopic post just to help him)

if it is still not working!

Try the following:

1. Wash the Digit DVD with cold water . Dry it with a soft towel (You can put it is shade out side in your home garden to dry, but avoid direct sunlight.)

2. Now check if this works. If not goto step 3

3. Open up your DVD drive and with a soft cloth clean the lens using camera lens cleaning liquid (you can get it in any camera shop)

4. Now try the digit dvd.

Hope it helps!

P.S : If this does not work, open a separate thread in this forum for further support/help from us.

thanks a lot for your help,will try and come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom