[Preview+Feedback] June 2005 Magazine - Anniversary Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hello Convergence
In this special issue, we look at convergence from every possible angle. We’ve got a battery of guest columnists lined up, and we also present Digit’s take on convergence.

Guest Columnists
  • Nicholas Negroponte: Of Bits, Atoms, And Softwear
  • Kevin Warwick: Human-Machine Convergence
  • Anil K Gupta: Convergence Is Not Congruence
  • Punya Mishra: Technologies On The Verge...
  • Ganesh Natarajan: The Inevitability Of Technology-Led Transformation
Convergence Articles
  • One World, One Home
    The first place you interact with the converged devices to come could be your home. So what will your home look like?
  • The Ultimate Converged Accessories
    Calling all geeks! Convergence promises to deliver the stuff that geek dreams are made of
  • Crash Landing
    We take a look at products that were driven by convergence but weren’t well-received by the world
  • The Name Is Connected. Dr Connected
    The gadgets in James Bond movies exemplify convergence. Here’s a sampler
  • Whither Mankind?
    Will we converge with machines at some point in our future? Is it inevitable?
  • Applied Convergence
    Convergence’ is not a hyped word—far from it. We take a look at practical applications
  • Secure Your Home Now!
    Home security is big, and poised to become bigger. A look at the gadgets that are helping secure our homes
  • The Top Five Wired Nations
    A look at the most-wired, most tech-savvy countries on the face of the earth
The Digital World
  • Remote Control Your PC Applications
    Using your TV tuner card’s remote, you can control many PC applications wirelessly
  • Print Photos Using Your Inkjet MFD
    Your home inkjet MFD can, of course, be put to a variety of uses—photo printing included
  • Wall-Mounting An LCD Panel
    For those of you lucky enough to own an LCD panel, here’s how to mount it
  • Adding Effects To Your Home Videos
    So you thought only the pros could make professional-looking videos? Here’s how to add effects and make your home-shot videos look professional
  • Back Up Using A Portable Drive
    Portable hard drives are ideal for backups. We tell you how to use these nifty devices to always keep a backup of your precious data
  • Understanding Manual Camera Configurations
    Get to know about the manual settings on your camera to get the most out of it
Let There Be Space!
External hard drives are the gadgets of choice for frequent backups. A comprehensive shootout, ranging from tiny pocket drives to the seriously capacious ones

Fast Track To Upgrading Your PC
Everything you need to know about the upgrading process

Click Here To See The DVD Contents

Full Free Game CD: MidTown Madness

Britannica Quizmaster CD

Regular Stuff

Enter
  • Bharat Dabholkar talks about what tech means to him
  • Apple’s Tiger has serious issues
  • Samsung and MS will partner on next Xbox
  • Are the DVD format wars finally going to come to an end?
Tips & Tricks
  • MS Publisher
  • Dreamweaver
  • Excel
  • Outlook
  • PowerPoint
  • Frontpage
  • 30 minutes Expert: Creating Your Own RSS Feed
  • 30 minutes Expert: Creating Home Videos Using WMM
QNA
  • How To: Catalogue CDs And DVDs Using XBaseCatalog
  • Agent 001: Cooling Solutions
Escape
  • Dr Niklaus Wirth created the Pascal family of languages
  • So, did Al Gore actually invent the Internet like he claimed he did? Well, he’s got a lifetime achievement award for his contributions, anyway

[edited - jacknife23]
Newstand Buyers will find that the packaging shows Midtown Madness 2 included, but this is not the case. The Full Free Game CD offered is Midtown Madness 1: Chicago Edition. We Apologise for the error.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Re: Prize increased from this month ?

pravinkumar said:
What is the prize of this month`s mag ?
Is it Rs.200 ?

HI

I think it is around Rs.200/-. Thats what it looks like on the cover on the website...

How much is the price anyone knows?

Regs

Rajiv

replyvijay

Right off the assembly line
TV tuners

The review of TV tuners were great.I would like to share some information that would be useful for other users also.
The Mercury card & Pinnacle Dazzle TV tuners are repackaged version of LIFEVIEW FlyTV Prime 3X Series.
It works best with the software from LIFEVIEW.The software contains TV / Video viewing feature, still image capture and motion video recoding to MPEG1/2/4 function.It is free to download at
*www.lifeview.com.tw/html/downloads/internal_tv/flytv_prime_3x_series.htm
Mercury ships the software over 4 years old.This WHQL certified driver will surely improve the test centre scores of the card.Regarding non availability of STEREO TV in india is mainly due to non compatability of stereo signals to older TV sets here.
If cable operator transmits stereo sound,in the older monoTV sets,the LEFT and RIGHT channels will cancel each other so no sound will be heard in these TV sets.

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya the contents are very good, and the price is also normal for a Anniversary Issue.

Thanks Digit and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Aditya11

Journeyman
Hey Raaabo, on the cardboard cover of Magazine, Midtown Madness is misleadingly advertised as Midtown Madness 2! Any explanation?

I don't think the price is justified...I don't feel happy paying in excess for games like Midtown Madness. Also the cover story, though should be informative to read, doesn't sound particularly *interesting* as a cover story for Annivarsary issue...that's just me though. :roll:

Lastly, Happy Anniversary! :)

Happy Anniversary! This issue's gonna be really cool. I've still not got my copy and I'm waiting for it. But why is it that everyone gets it before I get my hands on it.

eddy

Right off the assembly line
DIGIT CHEATS ON PRIZES. ONE OF OUR EMPLOYEE WON THE DESKTOP CONTEST FEW MONTHS BACK. STILL HE NEVER RECIEVED HIS PRIZE. WHEN ASKED ABT THIS TO DIGIT TEAM , THEY SAID THEIR PRIZE TEAM MEMBERS LEFT THE OFFICE. THIS IS SUCH A SHAME THAT DIGIT REVIEWS ALL THE S/W PRODUCTS , BUT THET DON'T HAVE TIME TO SEE THEIR OWN ASS.....ITS JUST A START, AM GONNA SPREAD THIS & GOIN TO TAKE LEGAL ACTIVITES ABT THEIR CHEATING ACT.......DONT PROMISE IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD FOR IT. SHAME ON YOU DIGIT & SHAME ON ALL DIGIT TEAM. :twisted:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Hey Happy Anniversry

But plz tell us why u say MM2 and give MM1 and I wud have really liked if u had given Encyclopaedia Brittannica CD ( even a stripped down version like student edition wud have done) instead of Quiz master The price was really big -- I had an a night long row with my parents abt the cost I do agree itss a bit more May be 150 wud have done ( Unless u were charging for MM and BQM)

PLz be considerate abt prices

PS-- Guys Fast Track Books are really suffering inqualty the best was AV issue since than quality has been going down PLZ be considerate and I dint like idea of Fast Track to MS Office (every one is so used to it- I say u shud also include parallel matter abt OpenOffice.org I am no Anti MS zealot bt the thing is that MS Office is so common )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom