Preview + Feedback [July 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is meant by linux administration? I don't know how to use linux... But want to learn it eagerly due to being free... Even chose the unix tutorial at training.com... WILL THIS FT HELP NOOBS LYK ME TO LEARN USING LINUX PROPERLY? OR THIS IS SOME MORE IN-DEPTH THINGS?

yes you can learn basics from it not in depth, however you could shed your noobish image of it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ did you get this month's mag ??

get lfy- this month's issue ships fedora dvd.

What is ify buddy - are you referring to Sify ??

Is it a physical DVD media of Fedora 13 or just only a DVD image as a iso file on the dual layer DVD.

Where is full dvd content list? Give it ASAP in html, xls and pdf :) formats..

I would also like to see it to - it would be uploaded on tomorrow I think :p

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
PDF file would be better.....
BTW anyone got the Magazine ?
No magazine until Tuesday cos Bharat Bandh on 5th July, 2010.....:(

^^ did you get this month's mag ??

What is ify buddy - are you referring to Sify ??

Is it a physical DVD media of Fedora 13 or just only a DVD image as a iso file on the dual layer DVD.

I would also like to see it to - it would be uploaded on tomorrow I think :p

where did I write ify-its lfy - stands for linux for you - a monthly mag.

proxyg33k

Smashed Buffer >>
where did I write ify-its lfy - stands for linux for you - a monthly mag.

lmao.....thought ...yew said ....yes digit of this month shippd with the dvd version of fedora13......
i don`t knw abt linux4yew magazine....so how can i knw abt lfy ...:))

bach gya....din bought the issu of this month till nw :p ...

hope to get a clear answer soon....abt fedora 13...........

hot zubs

live life king like...
I picked my copy of Digit today, it feels really clean and neat this time i don't know why...
The Computex Taipie 2010 has been covered really well, there are a pretty good amount of articles this time hope it doesn't disappoint us like the anniversary issue...

please get back the HD Trailers on the DVD...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ azaad_shri75 - thanks for LFY mag info though I don't like a dedicated mag of only linux ( personal choice ) - I always like a mag with mixed bag of contents and some adds with it anyday :p

As for fedora I'm not too much excited is as I like Open Suse more and it's latest version is going to be released on 15th july.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
however pages are less and almost every page is for add, one side article and other side add.

We can compromise with adds if they provide good articles with good number of pages.
Like 200 pages for articles and 200 pages for adds.....:lol:
Total 400 pages for magazine.

@ azaad_shri75 - thanks for LFY mag info though I don't like a dedicated mag of only linux ( personal choice ) - I always like a mag with mixed bag of contents and some adds with it anyday :p

As for fedora I'm not too much excited is as I like Open Suse more and it's latest version is going to be released on 15th july.

again its a personal choice and depends on one's area of interest, and yes open suse followed by fedora are my top choices, I'd started my linux journey with FC2...............and now a days in digit we find only gadgets and their info and less tech content...........:lol:

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

We can compromise with adds if they provide good articles with good number of pages.
Like 200 pages for articles and 200 pages for adds.....:lol:
Total 400 pages for magazine.

yeah lol, however they are giving only little more than 100 pages.........about 50 pages add...........:lol:

Athi Nivas

Right off the assembly line
Hi Folks,

I bought Digit July issue and surprised by the Fedora 13, there's not even a basic utility like cc,c++ for programs especially for students like me.

I am totally disappointed :x with that, it wasted my time and money.
Please try to avoid packing DVD with useless software.

All is not well.

proxyg33k

Smashed Buffer >>
Hi Folks,

I bought Digit July issue and surprised by the Fedora 13, there's not even a basic utility like cc,c++ for programs especially for students like me.

I am totally disappointed :x with that, it wasted my time and money.
Please try to avoid packing DVD with useless software.

All is not well.

Thats the thing m sayng .......no gdb no compiling utitilty....In the cd versions......Thats why asking for the dvd version...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got the mag on yesterday night @ 8.05 pm :p

though have not gotten enough time to read it - will strat to read it throughly from today on :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom