Icons of trust
GPU shoot out
agent 001: 1080p fun
10 great ways to keep learning
Designing careers
increasing prodcutivity
Level Up (create own 3d games)

Now, There is only three pages in two mags about HDTV

I liked the December issue a lot. The content was superb and indeed special.
November issue was on designing and most of the articles were around the same feature.
The time when I didn't like content much was during Summer when there wasn't interesting in the mag and I also skipped few issues there but last three month's issues are just superb.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
I am regular user of Digit from past 2 years, recently joined this forum, and I have something to say to Team Digit...
I've been observing from last few issues, the magazine is full of Adds, to be true whether you like it or not Team Digit, every second page is Advertisement....!!!!!
You say its necessary to continue printing the magazine, its ok, but every second page of Advt...?????
I sometimes tell my friends or family member to bring Digit when I have no time to go to newsstand before the shelves are empty, they all tell me why i am wasting my money on "product catalog", a magazine full of Advts, they even tell me to go to some mall to get the catalog of these products free of cost.......
Do you think you are doing justice to your faithful readers and their hard earned money????
I hope you guys will take note of it, and I also hope we'll get something informative to read in magazine rather than seeing advts. of the product which no one really going to purchase..

Completely agree with you. Digit is going less and less informative over time and what we see is only products and their reviews which doesn't make any sense at all.
I started reading digit in August 2006, and there used to be a lot of articles other really useful stuff that I could not finish even in a month. But now I finish it in just 1-2 days, because most of the digit is filled with reviews or product-buying guides. Do you think that we are going to purchase them at all ??
Why shouldn't we call digit a "Product Navigator" instead of "Technology Navigator"?

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Now I'm getting confused.....:?
What should I do ?
Will buy or not.....:???:
Well I think that it is not worth purchasing.
So spend your money on something better.

Achuth

In the zone
Heyy plsss tell who got quoted in tha DTh test..havnt bought my digit...till now..hav'nt hit store till now i think..pls tell

DigitCritic

Broken In
I agree with most of the readers of Digit magazine. I subscribe to 4 magazines every month PCQuest,Chip,Linux4You and Digit and honestly out of the four Digit is more of product guide and less tech articles are covered.

The dvd is content ok not mind blowing.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Well I think that it is not worth purchasing.
So spend your money on something better.

Too late.....:-(
I already bought Digit.
You people were wright that the magazine was not good or even bad.
Full of adds.
Magazine and FT become thin to thinner......
Same old "Essential" softwares.
Nothing new.....:-(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
One suggestion. Can Digit start giving Avira AntiVir instead of avast! Home?

Avira is way better. (Source: Tests of www.av-comparatives.org)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too late.....:-(
I already bought Digit.
You people were wright that the magazine was not good or even bad.
Full of adds.
Magazine and FT become thin to thinner......
Same old "Essential" softwares.
Nothing new.....:-(

Is it out I mean available on news stands ?? Lazy me - have not got it yet - will get it ASAP :p

One suggestion. Can Digit start giving Avira AntiVir instead of avast! Home?

Avira is way better. (Source: Tests of www.av-comparatives.org)

Yup, Plus 1000 for that. I've benn using avira for 3 % a half year now and it's way better than any other free or commercial AV avaiable on market and it has the highest detection rate and will not slow down any system and offline updates are avaialble too :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well, I received my copy today :-D

And, to all those shouting on Digit becoming product guide...and complaining on it shifting its focus from PCs, let me tell u, Digit is a technology magazine, and to me technology means each and everything that is worth mentioning and yeah not only mobo, GPU, CPU etc.

What is ur problem if it does survey on DTH services, why did u not protest when it did survey on IPTV or broadband, they are also a type of service.

What is ur problem if it compares DVD players, why did u not protest when it compared Multimedia Players.

And about the buying guide in every issue, remember the magazine is not published only for u, a lot more people read it and may be a few of them are waiting for that particular review. Yes, it comes handy, if not me, not u, someone else.

If u ask me, I would anyday trust Digit's comparison on even electric razors than any other product magazines :-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK. Grabbed my copy yesterday :p

A little Errata : The Pic for win 7 printed on DVD is for professional x86 editon but inside the DVD it's enterprise edition as written in here.

About Articles : Only got time to read the gadgets under Rs. 500 and it was quiet good - got to know something new like that ultra cheap gaming mouse pad, FM car transmitter, usb fan, Multi USB kit, usb adapter and trhe price of that cool looking foldable KB. BTW, my elder brother is thinking of get one f this 3 fan cheap netbook cooler for his lappy by seeing this article :p

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Well, I received my copy today :-D

And, to all those shouting on Digit becoming product guide...and complaining on it shifting its focus from PCs, let me tell u, Digit is a technology magazine, and to me technology means each and everything that is worth mentioning and yeah not only mobo, GPU, CPU etc.

What is ur problem if it does survey on DTH services, why did u not protest when it did survey on IPTV or broadband, they are also a type of service.

What is ur problem if it compares DVD players, why did u not protest when it compared Multimedia Players.

And about the buying guide in every issue, remember the magazine is not published only for u, a lot more people read it and may be a few of them are waiting for that particular review. Yes, it comes handy, if not me, not u, someone else.

If u ask me, I would anyday trust Digit's comparison on even electric razors than any other product magazines :-D

I haven't said that product reviews or surveys about other services are bad.
The main complain is that Digit is giving too much preference to these, especially products. I would always welcome articles about various aspects of technology, like DTH services. But Digit is giving less importance to informative articles and tutorials, because of the increasing number of product reviews.

We are not demanding 'Computer Only' stuff. Since Digit is a technology magazine, everything related to technology should be covered. Our main demand is that Digit should not be focused only on reviews of products and services. Instead, there should be articles on inner aspects and working mechanisms of various technologies. Hope you got it. ;-)

ruc7618

Right off the assembly line
hi,
this is regarding your killer rig section. Here you have given the price of logitech z5500 as Rs.14,000/-, even on logitech India site they show it at 27,995. where can i get it at 14000/-.

intel core 2 quad 2.66, asus p5p43td, 4GB ddr3, zotac 9800gt.

rohan

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I think the Linux Mint 8 ISO is corrupted. I tried installing it using LiveCD and LiveUSB, in both the method I get Error 5[Input/Output Error] saying sumthing like the media is corrupted. Please try to check the MD5 integrity before providing such ISO's further.

Let's try my luck in Fedora 12 KDE LiveCD ISO that you provided.

A million thanks for the Harvard and Yale University video series. :) I am following the Game Theory and Computer Science 50 series for last 3 months, the teachers and teaching method is amazing. I might never be able to go to Harvard but at least I know what the experience is like, all thanks to you guys. Please keep these coming, do not discontinue these for any reason :)

And a suggestion, or question may be, you are providing the lectures from Fall 2007 while both 2008 and 2009 versions are available at *www.cs50.tv. Why so?

Last edited:

rahim_me_123

Right off the assembly line
bought digit 2day.i was surprised to see that the mindware dvd doesnt read at all.can anyone look into this n replace my dvd?

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I tried installing
Opera 10 from the
Essential section
But to my shock it was corrupted, and i tried it from dec issue andshockingly its corrupt too.
Please check it and correct it if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom