Preview & Feedback [February 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gEEK001

Broken In
Cover Story of the month
*img194.imageshack.us/img194/8918/newdigitcoverfebruary20.png
Smart Phones Demystified - Everything you wanted to know about phones right from the OS to top apps of all time for Android, Blackberry, Symbian and more. What we hate about them and smart phone gyaan which no one gives you...

Fast Track to .NET
*img52.imageshack.us/img52/2085/fasttrackcoverfeb11fina.png
Basics of .NET development
The C# object system
Value types
Generics
The .NET Framework
Event driven programming
GUI
Concurrency

Build - Your own illuminated keyboard
Play - Killzone 3, NFS Hot Pursuit
Learn - Make your own Firefox extensions
Compare - Ebook readers

Ebook reader - The best way to read books has been paper but does that still hold true? We tested five ebook readers to give you a taste of what's to come...

CES 2011 Coverage - What was launched, what did people say and what to expect from consumer electronic companies in 2011. We've got the best CES coverage for you...

Sandy Bridge Board shootout - Intel's new line of processors. We tested 13 Sandy Bridge motherboards to help you choose the best before you upgrade your system...

Utopia right here right now - Wouldn't it be great if you could order for an iPad from your 3D display and have it delivered without having to pay anything for it? Welcome to the good life!

World View - 10 Most memorable Tech CEOs of the Digital era
How to buy a PC Case - Tips and Tricks to find the case that looks and behaves exactly the way you want it to

Bazaar Reviews
BENQ XL 2410T - 3D gaming in an LED backlit glory
ASUS G53J - A 3D gamer's delight but we want more
Samsung ST80 - Digital camera with integrated social networking
Razer Naga - Bridging the gap between keyboard and mouse
ASUS O!PLAY HD2 - HD media players redefined and many more...

SKOAR! Reviews
Marvel vs. Capcom Preview - Madness and more madness but fun!
Killzone 3
NFS Hot Pursuit

On the DVD
*img406.imageshack.us/img406/3512/dvdalphafeb2011.png
Alpha
3D Dev Tools
2011 Antivirus Updates
Multimedia apps
Linux Backtrack OS and Linux videos and podcasts
8 Full games and 3 game demos + Speedruns

Omega
*img19.imageshack.us/img19/6359/dvdomegafeb2011.png
Sample and Solved papers - AIEEE, AIPMT CBSE X, XII
Educational Apps
Internet apps
Intel App Up Windows installer
Digit TV - Ebook readers walkthrough, IIT Bombay Techfest Coverage,
Video Tutorials on Building Dynamic Websites

Click here to view list of entire DVD contents

Last edited by a moderator:

toofan

Technomancer
Re: Preview [February 2011]

Cover Design is very attractive. Good work by designers this month.

ravindarjobs

Broken In
Re: Preview [February 2011]

looks good content this time.

Ebook Reader Review,
Mobile os,
Smartphone info
Fast track to .net

etc

Lets see how good they have composed it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm really excited about these :

Sandy Bridge Board shootout , Ebook reader, Smart Phones Demystified, Linux Backtrack OS, CES 2011 Coverage and BENQ XL 2410T and the cover design is just great IMO.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Amazing I asked for backtrack (in Nov) and you got it.
Can't wait :D

Smart Phones Demystified, CES 2011 Coverage, Fasttrack and Build you KB are great.

Last edited:

Tech&ME

Banned
I'm really excited about these :

Sandy Bridge Board shootout , Ebook reader, Smart Phones Demystified, Linux Backtrack OS, CES 2011 Coverage and BENQ XL 2410T and the cover design is just great IMO.

I think it is too early to make a decision for any such product. Sandy Bridge already has a minor BUG as per INTEL. some sort of SATA issue.:shock:

And moreover I think DIGIT should have waited for the market to become more mature with such components first. And then a Shootout would have made more sense according to me.:oops:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I don't think the bug ( cougar point ) was discovered before finalizing the feb issue.

It's not only Digit - many tech websites already reviewed Sandy Bridge and recommended to buy it and every tech website and mags want to review a product as early as they can and when manufacturers sent them the test units - the bug was discovered and announced not before than 31 st Jan - So mags and tech websites recommended to buy SB rigs and made comparison of SB mobos and cpus and Digit also did the same - so there's nothing wrong about this.

But as the bug ( cougar point ) is discovered now it's better to wait for Z68 chipset based mobos for those people who want to upgrdae to SB rigs.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sandy Bridge already has a minor BUG as per INTEL. some sort of SATA issue.:shock:
And moreover I think DIGIT should have waited for the market to become more mature with such components first. And then a Shootout would have made more sense according to me.:oops:

Yes, there is a BUG. But it would be the readers's alone who would have complained, if digit would have delayed its reviews.
Even I was surprised to see the headings of Sandy Bridge on the cover, but you have to take into account, they can't recall the issues which have already been printed.

The main culprit here is Intel, who had clearly launched a product without the proper tests that it deserved. So, in order to win some moolah, they now have lost some of their credibility!

The best we can do now, is to wait for the next edition of digit, which would most probably contain reviews of corrected products.

echoplxx

Journeyman
Hey guys, good news for all those of you preparing for AIEEE, AIPMT, CBSE X, XII exams now you can revise and brush up your skills with Sample and Solved question papers in the Omega DVD. Would you guys like to have more of these question papers in the upcoming DVDs?

rahul_c

Journeyman
Hey guys, good news for all those of you preparing for AIEEE, AIPMT, CBSE X, XII exams now you can revise and brush up your skills with Sample and Solved question papers in the Omega DVD. Would you guys like to have more of these question papers in the upcoming DVDs?

Yes they are helpful, please keep on providing them. My dad will appreciate it cause he find digit 'out of real studies'! :mrgreen:

I tried the "illuminate your keyboard" but failed. its not easy to setup the keyboard keys back after opening it. :(

Will give it a try again today.

Thanks Digit. Do keep posting some more articles like this.

wow.. nice work this time.. the cover is attractive and the content looks interesting.. can't wait to get this one.. and comparison of E-book reader will be interesting.... btw.. did anyone of u has already laid hands on this issue..????

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
wow.. nice work this time.. the cover is attractive and the content looks interesting.. can't wait to get this one.. and comparison of E-book reader will be interesting.... btw.. did anyone of u has already laid hands on this issue..????

Yeah.. I just laid my hands on this issue of digit today! :mrgreen:

rahul_c

Journeyman
Just got digit today, nice content but really hated Digit TV review of ebook readers this month. The review wasn't up to the mark and background music was horrible (piano seriously?!), please don't use background music!!
Coverage from IIT was great but was too brief.

Keep on providing sample papers.

I really loved the content of magazine this month, nice work! :mrgreen:

same pinch guys.... i also got the digit issue today.....!!!! :D i loved the Smart phone gyaan the world view section was like always superb ... and loved "how to buy a PC case".... i really needed a article on this and here it is our coolest tech magazine provided it..!!!! real good work this time....DIGIT ROCKS.....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
got it 3 days back

1 I feel you lack computer only content
2 case buying guide in world view section is wrongly placed according to me

Driving Speed 2 is a game I am really enjoying.

Almost done reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom