agnels

Live The Dream!
Page 12

By Demand
You get to choose what goes in Digit
Interactive. This month you chose:
Ankh
Rainbow Six: Lockdown Demo

There was not a single request for these games demos in the forum. This only shows that we don't get to choose what goes in Digit Interactive but it is Digit themselves.

blackpearl

The Devil
Well sorry Nimish ...... a 3.73 Gigapixel image of over 5GB!! WOW!!

But how can a PC with 2GB RAM open a 5GB image??

blackpearl

The Devil
Some Goofups!!
(I suppose you have already noticed it)

1. The crossword for the March issue is the same one published in the January issue. So is there going to be any winner this month?

2. On page12, DIGIT wrote:

Due to technical errors, the January poll results published in Feb 2006 issue were illegible.

And yet again, the result of last months question published on the March issue is again illegible!!

Well those were just some minor issues... ignoring those the mag articles looks good to me (I havent read it yet). I cant understand why readers are complaining. C'mon guys... its only a magazine... what do you expect out of it? Some people just cant stop complaining. I have to laugh each time I read about readers demanding better page quality. I wonder what these people do with their mag....read it or make 3-piece suit out of it!

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
blackpearl said:
Well sorry Nimish ...... a 3.73 Gigapixel image of over 5GB!! WOW!!

But how can a PC with 2GB RAM open a 5GB image??

Actually, it was a PC with 1 GB RAM that managed to do the trick. We had to tweak a couple of settings with Photoshop and Windows - basically give it HUGE scratch-disk space and also make a massive swap file for Windows. After that, it opens in about 3-4 minutes, which isn't that bad, all things considered.

We haven't had the guts to apply any filters on it yet, though.

@raval_manoj: Send a mail with your postal address to help@jasubhai.com and you'll get your CD and DVD.

Last edited:

g_goyal2000

Youngling
fatbeing said:
blackpearl said:
About Digit Diary

I cant believe it!! You guys run a tech magazine and act such dumb!!
Well Nimish, thats not an image file. A 5.1GB picture file is impossible. Its the other image file, the image of a DVD. When I read .BIN, I knew immediately it had to be image of a DVD. So burn that file to a DVD and let us know what it is. And in future dont make a fool out of yourself by writing such stuff in the mag.

Dude...give me some credit. Like you say, we work for a tech mag - we can't afford to be this dumb. It is an image file: 86400x43200 (that's 3.73 Gigapixels).

In the couple chill-out days that followed us going to print, we managed to open the damned thing in Photoshop. (Open as Photoshop RAW). It works nicely in greyscale, but there's something weird still going on when we try colour. Tune in soon for more on this front.

You could try contacting the webmaster or wherever u got the image file from for possible solutions.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
g_goyal2000 said:
You could try contacting the webmaster or wherever u got the image file from for possible solutions.

Done that, but NASA is probably too busy thinking of how to save the world when Armageddon comes upon us.

But really, there's just a lot more fun in trying to figure it out yourself.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
fatbeing said:
g_goyal2000 said:

Done that, but NASA is probably too busy thinking of how to save the world when Armageddon comes upon us.

But really, there's just a lot more fun in trying to figure it out yourself.

I agree with u on that completely.
U speak (or shall I say write) my kind of words.

There's just a lot of fun & adventure in doing smthng u have never done before. I take that as a challenge. I like doing "khurafats".

blackpearl

The Devil
Is the image a snapshot of the earth from the satellite? How detailed is the image?

At that resolution I guess you could make out even some streets and big buildings.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
HEY you guys!! C'mon, digit's this month's content is V GOOD!! and better than any other damn mag in the universe!!(if you disagree you are WRONG!!!). Ya Lesser game demos this time around(I mean mainstream games) but apart this ,content is good. They could have included better multimedia software(I mean Fruity loops! Eh!). Hey raabo pls try and make the mags interface more attractive. It seriously needs some more colours and curves!!. Chow!

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
blackpearl said:
Is the image a snapshot of the earth from the satellite?

It is.

blackpearl said:
How detailed is the image?
At that resolution I guess you could make out even some streets and big buildings.

Can't verify this just yet...we'll have a clearer idea when we've successfully managed to open it in its full-colour glory.

Retro

Journeyman
I got my issue just today, late again, I guess.. But what I turned to read immediately was the Browser Wars.. I was long expecting a great comparison from Digit on this topic but you guys disappointed me lik heck.... It would have been better if you had made that the main topic, rated each browser based on features, pointed better at some pros and cons of each browser and so on.....

The current article sucked!

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
ok the issue was not very good
1)why do so many people have problems with paper quality ???
2)browser review sucked u should have given them points on the features etc
3)the poll result was not visible again..................
and the correction u made for last month poll results is also not correect
it has results such as 2.8% & 0.7%
com' on guys u can do better than this
u cant make the same mistake again and again
4)software review sucked no head to head comparison
5)MFD's not again
6)on the cd turbo internet booster is printed twice

When are the processor comparison's coming
i feel digit is no more as good as it was before

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Hi I'am Kaustav Acharya a student of class XI.Our exams are going on but still i sneak and find sometime out to read digit.I started reading it from April 2002 when i bought my PC.Since then i bought almost all issues.Except in 2004 ,when i had Clas 10 exams.I liked the old digit.Digit's new avatar is not that attractive.Now instead of being a 'special' geek magazine it has been reduced to a just another mass tech magazine.It now contains more offtrack articles, rather than core tech articles,product reviews and hands on workshop. I don't understand why there are more articles on business than on modding?More articles on what people think of technology than what drives that technology? :?

Now the articles are bigger and fewer than before.They are also hollow and confusing ,requiring more clarification.Well we ARE geeks but we are not rocket scientists! :) I loved the hardware workshops digit published before. I used to love the exotic hardwares in droolmaal.I used to loved the hardware and software reviews.Now most of these are either missing or are negligible in quantity and quality. Digit's present format of magazine is uninspiring.The colours are meek are silent.

I am criticising it so that others dont get to do the same.I have no complaints about the interactive contents.These can be changed any time.But its the magazine which attracts us readers.The fast track's great.I also have no problem with the PAPER quality but the QUALITY of the THE ARICLES needs a lot of improvement.

This is my first letter to digit and i dont expect you to reply. Fine! no problem! but kindly ponder over my thoughts that i have expressed.If you do read this, please take it seriously.I joined the forum recently.But whenever i view the feedback section ,its full of complaints.Why are you guys giving any scope to complaint??

My final advice:: PLEASE REVERT BACK TO WHAT DIGIT WAS LIKE IN 2002-2004!!!!

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
On article about Wifi:

The article explained how a B.Com stud from bangalore created a super G wifi setup for his dad's business ,under Rs 15,000. Its actually a first hand experience.Its good but not a very detailed.
-Kaustav

arjunh

Right off the assembly line
ULead Videostudio 9

Hi
I just wanted to know if the ulead videostudio 9 offered in the digit magazine of march 2006 is a full version or a trial/sharewarwe version...thanx guys in advance
bye
Arjun Hariharan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom