[Preview + Feedback] Digit March 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Nice issue regardless of what others have to say. Mainly due to the visible differences like better page quality at last. ALl thanks to the better ink, or the non-environment friendly paper whichever reason be it. Please stick to it. Another striking thing, LESS ADS directly in the main mag. Most of the ads in the currest issues are whole page ads which IMO are better than those business/company info ads like those from HP/ASus in the last few issues consuming 4-5 pages which make me feel am i scrolling thru the financial reports of a company like the one they send if you are their shareholders every new financial year.

As for the MAG contents they are good. I am really liking Nimish's articles in the mag from the last few issues and more importantly the style of writing. Raaabo ran outta ink this time around? And is Ahmad Shaikh back? Saw his name in the A windows to change article. The articles i liked were the Sound.com one, Rust in Peace and the battle of the browsers( could have said opera is a clear winner more boldly :d ). 5 small 'Tell me more booklets' in one issue leave me somewhat confused.

Please stick to this paper/ink. The mag is a lot better visually and everything printed is very clear now. I havent checked the dvd yet, so cant comment on the new interface. Digit Dvds and my laptops optical drive have some issues.. Would check it on the desktop before making an comment.

The first thing i checked in the mag was Agent 001. Right from the moment i saw that agent 001 is in search of mp3 player on the preview page, and while getting the mag from the newsstand- I had this feeling that agent 001 would select the same mp3 player that i did a month back. And guess what, it turned out to be the same! The price is something which was quite contradictory. I got the same player t.sonic 610 1 gig for 5.3k and agent 001 managed to get a 6k price. Wonder if it was deliberate or the choice of Herra Panna over Lammy was a wrong one.

Changes I would like to see: Better Alist and would prefer it to be the old fashioned way like it was a few years back. I would like if its updated every month and giving a more better view of the new happening devices rather than the almost same list. And I dont remember the exact name, but there was a budget component list along with the Alist previously (CHIP days). Many would like that thing to return because at the end of the day, budget is always an criterion and suggesting the best bang of the buck devices to power up a system would be appreciated by many who dont have much knowledge about hardware.

Another thing i would like to say is, I get a feeling that digit is not serious abt the digit patron :| what is wrong? No new updates in the gifts, my 2 redemmed gifts are still in queue for well over a month.

Just my views :)

agnels

Live The Dream!
Instead of giving Trend Micro Pc-cillin Internet Security 2006 you have included 2005 version. You clearly mentioned the version so why this goof up? Also the link is given in the CD interface but in the magazine contents it is missing, this means you knew that the wrong version was given on CD. So why did you include it in the CD contents preview? Somebody from Team Digit please reply.

Magazine was avoidable for me this time. Just bought it because of Fast Track Book on PC Troubleshooting and Trend Micro Pc-cillin Internet Security 2006, which was not given.

damnthenet

Journeyman
Another thing i would like to say is, I get a feeling that digit is not serious abt the digit patron what is wrong? No new updates in the gifts, my 2 redemmed gifts are still in queue for well over a month.
Yes! It's really high time. We are awaiting a answer regarding PATRON as quickly as possible

Vyasram

The pWnster
yeah , mine gift is still in queue in digit patron, also they havent sent my mem stick 128 mb which is free4 1 yr subscription

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Page 132 :

Under the sub heading : Great Graphics

In the second para under this , the reviewer (robert_smith@jasubhai.com) mentions the config he used to test this game .... which is as follows : AMD Athlon64 3200+ with 1 GB of DDR2 memory , an 80 GB SATA hard drive and an ATI Radeon X850 (128 MB) XT graphics card

DDR2 for Athlon64 ???? M2 ???? If i'm not wrong ... the current generation of Athlon64 processor (939/940) don't have support for DDR2 ... it'll be intoduced with the M2 socket ..... how come ....??? If there is indeed a mobo that allows u to use DDR2 with an 939 Athlon64 processor then can we get the name plz.....

Well i'm sorry to say ... but the mags. are now filled with lots of things that are just not right ..... specially some results carried out in the previous issue where the graphics card tests were carried out ..... well .. these mags are indeed a good source of info ... but if the supplied info is wrong .. then how r we suppose to even think about believing them ??

agnels

Live The Dream!
Digit is getting worse issue after issue. Sometimes prices are not mentioned correctly, sometimes some wrong info is given. When we want feedback/ Replies from Team Digit we never get them. When we slam Digit they tell us to give feedback about the Magazine, after getting feedback from us nobody from Team Digit replies.

Also some suggestions.

Please include in the DVD/CD interface all the software that is given on CD/DVD. This month Ad-Aware was given on the CD but not included in the CD interface, like this many more software are given but searching them on the CD is difficult because of the file names.

When you know that a particular software is not included on CD/DVD then please dont give the name of the software in CD contents prieview in the forum. Like, instead of giving Trend Micro Pc-cillin Internet Security 2006 you have included 2005 version. Also the link is given in the CD interface but in the magazine contents it is missing

Captain Crime

Journeyman
Thank god,i dint buy it!!!!

it seems buyers are more intrestred in finding faults than reading the(generally wrong informative) articles

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
it seems buyers are more intrestred in finding faults than reading the(generally wrong informative) articles

I disagree ..... if we are aware of certain things and find that the info supplied in the mag. doesn't tally ... thats the point where we report .....

Captain Crime

Journeyman
I dont blame you......
i wanna say we dont trust DIGIT anymore
theres nothing wrong in reporting faults,which they do repeatedly

all i am saying that DIGIT is doing so many goofups that it left me speechless

I still remember a Issue where they said that we can now open a new Gmail acc without Invitation...........and gave an nonworking LINK..?????How they got this information GOD only knows

Or in Quiz section they Answered that next Windows will be called WINDOWS LONGHORN(oct maybe,dont remember)

Buying DIGIT is wortless becuz of Untrustable Information and bad Content and Not So Great Articles and High Price and most of all no respect for the Subscribers and no response from Them for Missing Gifts and for buying worthless Patron points...........boy,the list is Endless

anildigital

Broken In
Start a new section in DVD calles USB softs. These softs will be the portable versions of the regular softwares.

Please Please Please start this section.

HEy Digit, I think u r loosing quality in both cd/dvd and articles. I always liked Sachin Kalbag's ediorials and Sumod's articles. Please improve. YOu must have seen the lowdown in Digit Sales.

Edit by Deep: Was there any need to post the blog link? NO..link removed

P B Arun Sarathy

Right off the assembly line
"Free for all"

In this month's issue, the column "Free for all" was a great one which I found. Please try to make this a regular column (if not present, atleast hereafter) for not only on Business heading, but also for many other topics like Media, Music, Readers, Free printers for making pdf copies (eg. PrimoPDF), etc. This although proved useful by making them available in this month's DVD, what about those who doesn't have a DVD drive? Hence please provide a URL for members in this forum and DIGIT readers of course, so that one could download themselves!

Great work folks!
Thanks to the DIGIT team!

blackpearl

The Devil
About Digit Diary

I cant believe it!! You guys run a tech magazine and act such dumb!!
Well Nimish, thats not an image file. A 5.1GB picture file is impossible. Its the other image file, the image of a DVD. When I read .BIN, I knew immediately it had to be image of a DVD. So burn that file to a DVD and let us know what it is. And in future dont make a fool out of yourself by writing such stuff in the mag.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
The CD/DVD contents were OK,the magazine articles and the paper quality were great.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
blackpearl said:
About Digit Diary

I cant believe it!! You guys run a tech magazine and act such dumb!!
Well Nimish, thats not an image file. A 5.1GB picture file is impossible. Its the other image file, the image of a DVD. When I read .BIN, I knew immediately it had to be image of a DVD. So burn that file to a DVD and let us know what it is. And in future dont make a fool out of yourself by writing such stuff in the mag.

Dude...give me some credit. Like you say, we work for a tech mag - we can't afford to be this dumb. It is an image file: 86400x43200 (that's 3.73 Gigapixels).

In the couple chill-out days that followed us going to print, we managed to open the damned thing in Photoshop. (Open as Photoshop RAW). It works nicely in greyscale, but there's something weird still going on when we try colour. Tune in soon for more on this front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom