[Preview + Feedback] Digit July 2005 Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Whoops, sorry all! I forgot to release the preview of the magazine this time.... please consider this thread the FEEDBACK thread as well.

Here goes...

The price is Rs 125 and Digit will be priced at this amount for all regular issues from now on. The mention of the Rs 100 price on the DVD cover is wrong, please ignore that.

Digital Passion

Prototypes Today, Gadgets Tomorrow
Everyone’s got a dream gadget. What happens if you put all of them together?

Are You Game?
Gaming consoles have outstepped their conventional domain. We look at what’s available and for how much, we also peek under their hoods—the Cell processor, vertex shaders, the works...

Geek Dreams
The Nokia N91 smartphone might be expensive, but that’s why it’s a dream. It isn’t the only reason though—imagine a 4 GB hard drive and much, much more

Take A Crack
Ever needed to print out the contents of a directory? If you did, you’ll be glad to know it can be done with two clicks. But how? Tell us and you could win!

30 Days With...
Badri calls his experience with the Apple 23-inch cinema HD display, one of the “high points” of his life!

Digital Tools

Aim For The Stars
Opportunities in the field of multimedia transformed Ranjana Kanti from a simple housewife to an entrepreneur in education

Building A Better Website
With PHP-Nuke, it’s easy to build a professional
looking Web site with all the bells and whistles

New And Notable
In our list of great products this month is the Samsung Miniket VP-M110S—a camcorder, digicam, MP3 player, Web cam, voice recorder and mass storage device all rolled into one!

All-A-Board!
It’s a great time to upgrade your motherboard. Digit found that budget motherboards aren’t behind on features and performance in any way, in a shootout of 36 boards from the best manufacturers

News You Can Use
RSS is something everyone seems to be talking about. So how do you add an RSS feed to your site?

Digital Business

Broad-Basing Management
A management institute, a telecom major and a high-spped Internet connection is enough to learn management—no matter where you are in India

Blogvertising, Anyone?
Is blogging big enough in India for you to seriously
consider advertising on them? And what does the future look like? Answers to these and other questions...

Money At The Gates
With credit cards growing in ubiquity all over India, the natural step for an online business is to begin accepting cards online. Find out how

Should You IT-Enable Your Sales Force?
Does your sales force need to be equipped with technology? We present two differing views

Digital Leisure

A Think-Tank For Students
Think.com makes learning a fun process, increases student-teacher-parent interaction and provides opportunities for collaboration with their global counterparts

Britney Tops Virus Charts
Panda Software has created a list of famous people whose names have been used to spread viruses. Britney Spears now has the dubious distinction of topping that list

All this and much much more of course...

Tell us what you think!

hsnayvid

Journeyman
the issue is just fine.
should have tested the intel original boards too! :(

secondly (for subscribers):
the cd/dvd is provided in plastic covers instead of traditional paper covers which include the contents on them. Please reconsider this decision.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
the issue is good

contents are good

but dont u think , number of pages has decreased drastically and hence number of articles in the magazine has decreased

u must take care of it

u may include some more sections
to increase both pages and articles

please do consider this

after all its the magazine which matters the most and not DVD or cd or anything else.

QuickFire

Broken In
the cd/dvd is provided in plastic covers instead of traditional paper covers which include the contents on them. Please reconsider this decision.

agree completely...
they shud reconsider unless they provide some dvd/cd archive.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Yes, Indyan is right. I have never thought that DIGIT will contain such things.

But one thing is good:
Separate contents of CD n DVD, so no need to throw away the CD.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
adult videos :x

I thought it would be the best technology mag. which would help children
but link to adult video :cry: :x

nithinks

True Techie
I am very proud of being a subscriber of India’s no 1 IT magazine. Till now, I was very much satisfied with DIGIT and whatever it gave. But when I received July issue, I observed that the paper quality was slightly reduced as compared to other issues. I don't know why this has happened this time. Will this continue forever?
Coz I don't like thin DIGIT!

implantedcaries

Right off the assembly line
the mags content was nice,but i thought digit was gonna include a sneak preview of geforce7800gtx in the issue. also i understand reviewing budget momboards for the majoritys benefit,but that dont mean they aint gonna review high end mb's for us. also i expected to see atleast one heated battle b/w sli&normal mb's.sadly no such thing :cry:

Delpiero

Journeyman
The motherboard review was very poor :x Not joking. Where were neo4,a8n-e,ga-k8nxp from msi,asus and gigabyte respectively.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Nice contents

The contents are good and the Gadgetopedia is rally nice. And GOD is really really the final Dream a normal geek.The OLED display will be great but it maynot be able to fold. For that purpose some other display technologies needed to be there.Then why not a four fold display with 280x200mm screen. The virtual display spectacles should contain a 1.3MP camera too. It will be good if the backside of stylus contain a dictaphone and a laser light. Everything else is already there. The MoBo test is very useful to me and all other articles are good. But you have to include more pages of useful contents inorder to justify the price. There are many students aged <18 read Digit and so avoid those sex related links in tabloid tech page.
Since the price will continue to be Rs.125, let me hope digit will give two DVDs. No problem even if there is some more colourful ads, this will be welcome. Otherwise Digit's value for money will not be so good.
:roll:

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
niralrana said:
I send my details to robert_smith@jasubhai.com today.
Please give me the name of couriar service so I will personally meet them for future shipment, so they will not return magazine in any case.
Hoping for quicker process.
Thank You RAAABO.

Hey... Did you get your mag??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom