Not open for further replies.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Boo.

Magazine Contents

Digital Passion
Tomorrow
Hurrying Data Along
The amount of data we generate is exceeding predictions; more and more data needs to be transferred over wires and networks at various scales. Considering this, what future technologies will come to the fore?

30 Days with
iPod Touch 8GB
Everything pod deserves a review, preferably one written after having spent 30 days with it. This month’s reviewer tries to see whether there’s more to the Touch than the touchscreen

Insight
Settling Differences
Any two semi-techies can get into a verbal deathmatch about whether Windows or Linux is better, though most agree that the latter is more secure. So, well, which is better, and if Linux is more secure, why?

Droolmaal
Would you believe there exists a quad-Xbox360 system, complete with fans to blow the wind in your face as you race? This and other more-than-attractive gadgetry—including a pair of headphones touted as the world’s best!

Digital Tools

Cover Story
Ion Maidens
Individual reviews of our cell phone pick—for now. (Yes, we know it’s all going to change a year from now.) But you do want that new phone now—so go ahead, get a glimpse of what’s on offer!

Agent 001
Shh... The Movie’s Starting
The choice is too wide (pun!), there are quite a few terms, and you don’t even know what size. So how do you buy an HDTV?

Test Centre
Burning Up
They’re ubiquitous, cheap, necessary, and taken for granted... that’s DVD-Writers. Well, so which one?

Bazaar
A monster of a motherboard from Intel—and an iPod dock that fails to impress. Then there’s the Palit 8800GT 512 Sonic which looks a winner, and then an overpriced external HDD from Buffalo... a mixed bag of products this month

Digital Business

Smart SoHo
@ The Office
Well, you’ve decided on the office furniture and more—and it’s about time you got your official site up and running. What, where, how? Here’s a simple walk-through of what you need to do

Trend
Biometrics For Security
We’ve written countless words about biometrics and how they’ll lead to a more secure future. So how many people have gone ahead and implemented it? We rang some doorbells to find out...

Tech Careers
Mapping A Future
Spatial image processing and analysis, Photogrammetry, GPS technologies, and more—the stuff a mapping career is made of, that is, everything to do with positioning, location, and such

Smart Business
The Numbers Game
As an online business, there are two sides to this story: firstly, you can get an insight into who visits your site and when and so on; but second, you need to be able to use that information. Here’s about Web Analytics

Digital Leisure

Touched By Tech
No Holds Barred

Here’s a sort of round-up of what’s happening in the world of the blind or near-blind. People are doing things to help them, with the help of technology; and they are using technology to help themselves

Tabloid Tech
Five months ago, we said Pamela Anderson loves her Wii; then just a couple of months ago, we reported the same about Jessica Alba. And now, it turns out Queen Elizabeth II loves her Wii, too—only it isn’t hers

Game On
This month’s intrepid reviewers try their hands at four mobile games, in addition to Team Fortress 2 and the newest NFS iteration—Need for Speed: ProStreet

CD Contents

Gaming

Free
Frets On Fire
Vivid Conceptions

Tools

Essentials
.net Framework 2.0
µTorrent 1.7.5
Avast Home Edition 4.7
Avast Update
Comodo Firewall Pro 3
Digit Software Archive 2006 Beta
DirectX Redistributable 9.0c November 2007
Foxit Reader
Free Download Manager 2.5
Irfan View 4.10
Irfan View 4.10 Plugins
Java(TM) 2 Runtime
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 3.6.5
Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 1.0 Refresh
Opera 9.25
Silverlight
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.51
Spybot Search and Detection updates
VLC Player 0.8.6c
WinRAR 3.71

Multimedia
emTube
Mp3tag 2.39l Beta
PhotoFiltre 6.3.0
WinUAE 1.4.5

System
7-Zip 4.57
Locate 3.0.7.12310 Beta
NVIDIA BIOS Editor (NiBiTor) 3.7
SpeedFan 4.34 Beta 37
System Explorer 1.2.1.540
TestDisk for Windows 6.9 Beta
Vista4Experts 1.0.0.1

Linux Apps
Avidemux 2.4 Final
Flock 0.9.1.2
Floola for Linux 2.4
Phatch 0.0.bzr157
Tibia 8.00
XMIND 2008 Pro

Productivity

Personal
Easy Time 5
Executor 0.97
iTunes Agent 1.2.1
Recipe4win 1.1
UnderCoverXP 1.17
ArchiveIT 1.0.7
BrowseControl

Developers
AgPad 0.1
FreeBASIC for Windows 0.18.3b
MinGW-5.1.3
Nullsoft Install System (NSIS) 2.34

Fast Track

Browsers
Firefox Setup 2.0.0.11.exe
Flock 1.0
Internet Explorer 7
Maxthon 2.0
SeaMonkey 1.1.7

Download Managers
Download Accelerator Plus
FlashGet
Orbit Downloader 2.5.1
Retriever Download Manager 1.08
Internet Download Manager

File Sharing
Azureus
BitComet 0.97
BitTorrent 6.0
BitTyrant
eMule Plus 1.2b

IM and VoIP
Adium 1.1.4 (Mac OS X)
Google Talk
Miranda IM v0.7.3
mIRC v6.31
Pidgin 2.3.1
Skype 3.6
Trillian 3.1.9.0
Windows Live Messenger
Yahoo Messenger 9 Beta

Security
Ad-Aware SE Personal
AVG Anti-Spyware Free 7.5.1.43-3339
Microsoft Windows Defender 1.1.1593
Spyware Doctor 5.5.0.176
Spyware Terminator 2.0.1.224
SpywareBlaster 3.5.1

Incredimail 5.68 build 3315
Thunderbird 2
The Bat!

News and RSS
BlogExpress 1.56.2
RSSOwl 2.0 Milestone 7
Easy RSS Content Generator
FeedDemon

File Transfer
AceFTP 3
PuTTY 0.60
WinSCP 4.0.5
Cute FTP Home

DVD Contents

Gaming

Free
FlightGear v1.0
Glest v2.0.1
Sauerbraten: Assassin Edition

Demos
Bejeweled Deluxe 2
Luxor 3
The Great Tree
The Witcher Demo
Virtual Pool 3

Entertainment

Movies
Steal This Film II

Themes
Vista Themes

Trailers
Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Trailer
GTA IV - Trailer III - Move Up Ladies
SimCity Societies 'Evolution' Trailer

Tools

Multimedia
3D Canvas 7.1.1.2
Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Windows 10.0.1 Update
CDrtfe 1.3 Final
foobar2000 0.9.5 Final
Jajuk
Songbird 0.4
Soundbase 2008.01.01
Xilisoft Video Converter

System
Bootzilla 4.2.0
Fresh UI 7.98
Google Desktop for Windows 5.7.712.18632
Magical Glass 2.0.0.2 Beta
The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1
EasyBoot 5.1.0.566
Kaspersky Internet Security 8.0.0.148 Beta

WordPress Plugins
AdSense-Deluxe 0.8
Akismet 2.1.3
All in One SEO Pack 1.4.3.9
Custom Query String 2.6
Dashboard Editor 0.2
Exec-PHP 4.3
Extended Live Archive 0.10beta R18
flickrRSS 3.2
fQuick v. 1.2
Get Recent Comments 2.0.2
Google XML Sitemaps 3.0.3
IM Online 4.4
Landing sites 1.3
Lightbox 2.0
NextGEN Gallery 0.74
PodPress 8.8
PXS Mail Form 2.6
Real WYSIWYG 0.0.2
Related Posts 2.04
Subscribe to Comments 2.1.2
Twitter Updater
Ultimate Tag Warrior 3
WordPress Mobile Edition
WordPress.com Stats 1.1.1
WP-Cache 2.1.2
WP-EMail 2.20
WP-Forum 1.7.4
WPG2 3.0.2
WP-Notable 1.15
wpPaginate 2.2
WP-Polls 2.21
WP-PostRatings 1.20
Yahoo! Shortcuts 0.962

Internet
Cabos 0.7.6
Chyrp 1.0.3
FlashGot 0.7.2
GenieTexter 0.83
Halite 0.3 RC
IE7pro 2.0 Beta 5
save2pc 3.23
Transfz 1.15 Beta
WordPress (2.3.2)

Linux
Damn Small Linux 4.2.2
Fedora 8 i386 DVD
OLPC updates for Fedora 8
Pingus v0.7.2
Desktop Multiplier (Ubuntu)

Productivity

Personal
OpenJudis RTI
OpenJudis SC

Developers
Java SE Development Kit (JDK) for Windows 7 Build b24
Notepad++ 4.7
Android SDK
VirtualBox 1.5.4

contactpraven2001

In the matrix of linux
what kind of people you digit guys you suck in your jun issue and you do it again .......what kind of work you do why you repeat all that crap all again and again, it's time for a change so show some respect for the digit readers and do some thing new some innovative, the last great issue was your fifth anniversary issue do some thing like that i hope my voice is going to digit peoples ........

bkpeerless

In the zone
booooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnngggggggggggg
everything
nfs prostreet revew ..yak next month give prince of persia revew or maybe mario .......every thing sucks the demand section of digit forum is a showooff i think
60 percent of the dvd content r alreagy given earlier

utsav

damn busy...
wordpress plugins addition is great but there was no need to fill in those im and torrent clients again.just a waste of space :sad:

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
The mag contents sucks and the fasttrack again has a useless topic.

We all know in general what's written in fasttrack (The Web, essentials)
(We know something advanced too). So, again its a paisa waste.

So, choose some wise topic of fasttrack next time.:)

Ash HFZ

Techno Enthusiast
I dont know where to post this but this was the best place I could find it.... I just hope someone from THE DIGIT TEAM atleast reads this :

First of all I've been a customer of DIGIT all along right from it was coined as DIGIT till this August 2007.... And even when it was being called as CHIP I was a subscriber too.... So starting from around 1999 I believe.....

I frequently face these problems :

My DIGIT Magazine arrives to my home only after the 15th of the month most of the times..... That too half the time with damaged media for which I usually send mails and get the replacements by month end....

Second of all it really frustrates me before I get any reply for the mails i send.... Only if I send 3 mails minimum, I get a reply and that too not a proper one....

I had sent this query as well to the DIGIT TEAM as well and as usual no reply for that either.... So I've decided not to re-subscribe for the magazine once and for all....

I dont know why the customer service has become so bad now.... Around 2 yrs back and all it was quite good.... But not anymore is it ??

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
digit is going down the drain! so sad...its become a mag for n00bs... Im not buyin this... u have to get the tech level of the mag up!!!

Please stop giving linux DVD editions. Instead concentrate on hard to find apps, useful but large productivity tools, etc. Also, you could try making the DVD live using a distro(like nimblex), customise it with digit artwork, and make it an explorer for your software.

Is there any way I can obtain an edition without the Fast Track and the DVD/CD ?

I hope you heard my request to make available an ad-enhanced(ad supported cost reduced) ebook version of Digit, without the DVD/CD and perhaps without the Fast Track. Make it available for ~ Rs. 20/- online(or via email) and I along with several others will be forever grateful.

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Bad Bad contents....almost nothing new...I am not buying this month...

In Short....Its boooooorrrrrriiiiiinnnnnngggggggg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too bad that digit is loosing its charm !

I hope you heard my request to make available an ad-enhanced(ad supported cost reduced) ebook version of Digit, without the DVD/CD and perhaps without the Fast Track. Make it available for ~ Rs. 20/- online(or via email) and I along with several others will be forever grateful.

ad enhanced digit ????????????????????? is that possible ??????? already you get 60 pages of pure ad in a 120 page magazine...how much more ad can you tollerate ????

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
continue giving Linux dvd's.many people buy for Linux distros.every issue carry updates.I liked this issue for
Insight
Settling Differences
Any two semi-techies can get into a verbal deathmatch about whether Windows or Linux is better, though most agree that the latter is more secure. So, well, which is better, and if Linux is more secure, why?

But,where is the permanant LINUX CORNER? Puhleese guys!make Linux a priority.now those win users buy only for those cr@p game things only.
while Linux/FOSS users are those who are really gonna buy digit if they provide more Linux content and a Linux corner :evil:

continue giving Linux dvd's.many people buy for Linux distros.every issue carry updates.I liked this issue for

But,where is the permanant LINUX CORNER? Puhleese guys!make Linux a priority.now those win users buy only for those cr@p game things only.
while Linux/FOSS users are those who are really gonna buy digit if they provide more Linux content and a Linux corner :evil:
the problem with giving linux DVDs is that many of linux users already have several distros. These will be white elephants. Perhaps an occasional DVD, like when a major distro like Ubuntu, Fedora, PCLinuxOS, etc come out, a distro disc will be good. But other times AptOnCD repos, .deb, .tar.gz, .rpm packages, etc will do. Also, please give big, famous and noteworthy linux apps.

Linux section will also be good, but please make it technical enough. These days digit has ended up like one of those lifestyle magazines, as it has no geeky technical stuff, and it mainly has content for n00bs. A few n00b articles will be good, but nothing but them if provided will be strongly resisted.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Decent Contents.
Thanks for the

Steal This Film II
Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Windows 10.0.1 Update
OpenJudis RTI
OpenJudis SC

Developers
Java SE Development Kit (JDK) for Windows 7 Build b24
Damn Small Linux 4.2.2