[Preview + Feedback] Digit February 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3060

A LOTR fan
no Linux corner . . . i was waiting for it too :-(. seriously , you need to put more Linux stuffs guys

moshel

Padawan
NFS pro street was released in November...and ur giving the reviews now???? pls digit give the reviews a bit earlier. also the witcher demo released mid-december...and ur giving it now??? cudnt u have included it in the jan edition?

utsav

damn busy...
NFS pro street was released in November...and ur giving the reviews now???? pls digit give the reviews a bit earlier. also the witcher demo released mid-december...and ur giving it now??? cudnt u have included it in the jan edition?

man,its not possible to review a game released on the 15 th and get it ready to be published by the 24th of the month.it takes lotsa time to review a game

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
not so good not so bad an average edition we can say content of dvd are also not good when f9 is on the way to release (just 2 months) then u people provide f8 (what a waste of space).
Please try to keep on time as you people provide a game review when almost its 3 months after release .............

so try to be on time ...........
rest seem fine :(

Hustlerr

[Next-Gen]
Some mistakes i have noticed in DIGIT Mag but i didn't read any content yet i just flipped pages and was looking for what stuff you have putted in this month's Mag

So here it goes(Remember i didn't read Mag yet) :

1. On Page 14, in Bottom Tutorial from thinkdigit's forum. Blackpearl posted
something about domain or realted to internet but the Topic is given
"My Review of Creative EP-630" :confused: now thats confusing ??

2. In Bazaar section on Page 59, you have given a review of Intel D5400XS
But in its Benchmarks Box you have putted 1600x1200 two times in
Doom 3 from 3D Mark 2006. Well this little mistake still made me some
confused but i understood what should be there. But still its a Mistake

3. HUH this 1 is crazy enough. The Baddest Mistake of ALL:mad:. Well you
have printed 8 pages two times. After 92 page you have printed again
from 85-92 pages. WTH it was :mad:

Well these mistakes i have noticed and just informing you to not to do these mistakes in future please. Specially the 3rd one:evil:

If i found more mistakes, i will still post them too.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Some mistakes i have noticed in DIGIT Mag but i didn't read any content yet i just flipped pages and was looking for what stuff you have putted in this month's Mag

So here it goes(Remember i didn't read Mag yet) :

1. On Page 14, in Bottom Tutorial from thinkdigit's forum. Blackpearl posted
something about domain or realted to internet but the Topic is given
"My Review of Creative EP-630" :confused: now thats confusing ??

2. In Bazaar section on Page 59, you have given a review of Intel D5400XS
But in its Benchmarks Box you have putted 1600x1200 two times in
Doom 3 from 3D Mark 2006. Well this little mistake still made me some
confused but i understood what should be there. But still its a Mistake

3. HUH this 1 is crazy enough. The Baddest Mistake of ALL:mad:. Well you
have printed 8 pages two times. After 92 page you have printed again
from 85-92 pages. WTH it was :mad:

Well these mistakes i have noticed and just informing you to not to do these mistakes in future please. Specially the 3rd one:evil:

If i found more mistakes, i will still post them too.
WHOA ! :grin:
3rd mistake is really the worst I believe
I am yet to get my copy of digit.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I read the February edition of Digit in our college library today.
I was appalled at the quality of the paper and the print. At first i though that this maybe a pirated copy, then i though whether it is some kind of Eco friendly paper used by Digit.

I was really dissapointed at the printed images, which were nowhere near the quality digit used to have before.

But like true Digitism, my query was answered by Digit itself. In the reader mail in the last few pages, i read in one of the mails from a reader about the takeover of Jasubhai Media and everything fell into place.

A really cheap cost cutting method by the new publishers. You cannot have descent image prints on such a kind of paper.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine DVD is not working :(
Last time I got non working DVD on dec 2007. Sent an e-mail to
help@jasubhai.com. Got one auto generated e-mail. After that not a single e-mail. Very bad customer support for news stand buyers like us.

Every time I saw that Anant Replicated dvd's cause a lot of problems. But Sony is OK.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
The DVD goes haywire at times and stops responding for hours. The GTA 4 trailer gives an error(in spite of presence of codecs) as do certain other files. The magazine contents are for KG kids, as are the Fast Track Contents. To sum it all up, we're going (or have already gone) "back to square one". I'd like to suggest something to the Team Digit: We are digit readers, the elite of the 1337s. So, has our batch graduated? Certainly not, we need SOMETHING for 1337s too for God's sake! As a final note, earlier, people asked Skoar!(and were replied to with insulting mail) to learn something from Digit, but today, I advice Digit to learn something from Skoar! The best damn mag in the universe!

aleena1

Right off the assembly line
Warning.....virus In Digit February Cd

When I Put The Cd Into My Cd Drive And Start Browsing...the Kasper Sky Antivirus ,sitting Silently At The System Tray Stood Up And Said......there Is Win32agent.exe(may Be A Little Different) Virus In The Orbit Downloader File" ..............

I Dont Know What Happened To Digit Guys.......
Or Is It A Fault Of Kasper Sky..............

Can I Have The Clarification......

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Originally Posted by aleena1
When I Put The Cd Into My Cd Drive And Start Browsing...the Kasper Sky Antivirus ,sitting Silently At The System Tray Stood Up And Said......there Is Win32agent.exe(may Be A Little Different) Virus In The Orbit Downloader File" ..............
Avast! antivirus doesn't detect anything, but thanks for the warning anyway!

Apart from that April DVD Massacre, I think this is the greatest flaw ever in the DVDs and CDs. Say, has ANYone managed to get a good, WORKING, fully operational DVD yet?

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
Mine DVD is not working :(
Last time I got non working DVD on dec 2007. Sent an e-mail to
help@jasubhai.com. Got one auto generated e-mail. After that not a single e-mail. Very bad customer support for news stand buyers like us.

Every time I saw that Anant Replicated dvd's cause a lot of problems. But Sony is OK.

yes ur right.
I have get 2 faulty DVD sequentely in Dec-07 & Jan-08. I buy digit from news stands every month.my dec-2007 months Entertainment DVD is not working. ok! i wrote a mail to help@jasubhai.com.i get automated answer.but no manual mail from digit people. i think digit people entertainment only those who are subscriber. i have 2 faulty DVD's.And i know that administrator will neglect this threat. sorry to say that!! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/23a.gif

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Only a few noteworthy articles. Guys, the Settling Differences article on Linux vs. Windows security is really good.

Overall, the quality has seriously decreased compared to what it was a while ago. Appalled at the print and paper quality as well.

I didn't like the editorial either :( I used to love Deepak's eds.

Cover Babe was sizzling though ;)

Rahim

Married!
Is DVD bootable(Fedora 8 ) or its just having the iso image
Yes it is Fedora 8 Bootable but not a Live DVD:(
3. HUH this 1 is crazy enough. The Baddest Mistake of ALL. Well you
have printed 8 pages two times. After 92 page you have printed again from 85-92 pages.
Hey Anuj there is no such problem with my Digit Mag or FasT Track. Maybe you got the one from a different printing batch.

Apart from that The Steal This Movie 2 is not playing, get an I/O Error while copying on the hard disk. What to do? Is that movie any better?

To be honest as somebody here voiced it already Digit is becoming more of a Newbie Mag and that Tech Stuff is Gone.
As for Linux part, What is this? An overview of Linux Directory Structure.
I dont know how many of us(i mean new users) will learn anything new there.
There are errors galore in this issue, like the rating of Team Fortress 2.
All in all, a slight improvement with all reviews, over the last 3-4 issues.

BTW, Linux For You was once again superb( I confess I didnt understood all its articles;) ) and to top it all it provided a Live Sabayon Pro 1.1 DVD and it looks beautifull. Now if someone tell me how to setup my Dataone connection in it(in the Live Mode)bcoz i get command not found error for pppoe-setup.

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Brought it yesterday and found nothing worth reading either in magazine or in FASTTrack.
The number of pages seem to be reduced.There quality has become bad.
Opened the case of Disks and the quality of disks also seemed to have degraded. DVD not working at all.

So my advice.
Don't waste Rs.125 to buy this crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom