[Preview + Feedback] Digit December Mega Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
Received my copy without the movie DVD, game CD, calender and with the letter from CEO as expected.
Those who don't receive the copy yet, please don't rush your adrenalin so much. There's nothing interesting in this issue without the CD/DVD contents. In the mag. you will find only ads. There is a huge quantity of ads; I think they should be 120-125 pages if combined. In the article pages also there are much much more useless sketch&pictures than useful articles. I don't like this month's mag at all.
In the letter, CEO Mr. Jasubhai said that providing the extra DVD and CD costs very high. But as they already own the copyright to distribute them, only a few Rs. are needed for the blank discs to provide the !!gifts!! to subscribers.
Actually they don't pay any attention to us, as they know we already paid for a long time and can't break subscription in the middle according to their rule.
But I think this type of acts will really suffer them in near future.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
kaysquare said:
Raaabo, Its a shame when you call this forum a voting panel and users are free to express their views. It is heavily biased. You yourself deleted a lot of posts tht were questioning logic behind the extra charge. Didnt you?? Just answer to this question "wat about the promise of delivering the mag without any additional cost including special issues"

I want an answer to the point. And one more question "IS DIGIT READY TO FACE A CONSUMER COURT" think twice before answering as i am taking screenshots of all these posts including the deleted posts, which i am planing to submit as proof in the consumer court if subscribers are not treated fairly.

First off I thought I explained the deletion? People (readers and the digit team as well) started messaging me saying that this whole DVD / CD / Mag thing in different threads was confusing, make it one thread... So i just did that, posted a new thread, deleted the older ones. If I was so interested in blocking your views I would have deleted this thread as well right? Think rationally for once please. The older threads, in fact, had more praise in it than this thread, so why didn't I just delete the brickbats then? I can't believe certain older members on this forum who know me are insinuating that i deleted the threads only to hide criticism. You guys sadden me i would have thought that you know me better than that! Besides, what was different in those posts from what you all have posted here. Print Screen away, I think it's a waste of time!

iinfi said:
the C R @ P which u have written here applies to you, your organisation and ur CEO also. plz dont act oversmart and think u can take people for granted. u r in for some serious trouble if we SUE u. Get ur CEO to reply in this forum. i dont want to see ur stale meaningless replies.
AND DONT U DARE SPEAK AGAINST ANY MEMBER OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THIS COUNTRY.

I didn't. If you read my post properly you will understand that I have the highest regard for the armed forces, which is why i was surprised that a supposed member of them would stoop to a level of making baseless allegations and using foul language. My mom was a principal of an Armed Forces school at one time, and I grew up in an army environment, I have nothing but utter respect for them, because they do a job that I cannot. Both my grandfathers died in the wars against Pakistan and China, and served this country proudly till their dying days. Think before you lecture someone about something you know nothing of.

As for you yourself, I think everyone who has been here for some time will know that you're nothing but a trouble maker and look to only pick fights. Still you continue on this forum, which i think says a lot about the leniency and freedom given to the members here.

john_the_ultimate said:
I just want few question to be answered. 1) Why does a subscriber has to pay extra money to get the complete package of December/Special issue? 2) What is the real meaning of subscription (someone from DIGIT should personally answer this question, maybe the CEO)? 3) Why Raaabo always says that as being a subscriber we always get everything at a lower cost? We are not begging to DIGIT but have already paid for the stuff we would be getting. So don't show like you are doing any favour to us. 4)If this a forum where we could express our views freely with remaining within the limit, why posts (last thrad about december 2005 preview in DIGITIZED section) are being deleted. What is your intention behind it?

One more thing I would like to suggest to DIGIT is that when they bring out the AD for subscription in future, please mention each and every details so that the future subscriber don't remain in darkness like us. I just want to say that DIGIT has to work a lot and really a lot to regain our confidence back. Certainly they have lost mine. And one more thing IMPROVE UR DELIVERY SYSTEM because it really is a nuissance. Always get the copy after the newstand buyers.

Your questions are valid, and I thank you for having more sense than some others here to be polite even though you may feel anger. Your maturity shows.

1) Subscribers get all regular content including the special issue magazine at the reduced price they paid when they subscribed. It is for the extra content that we are charging for.

3) You DO get the magazine at a lower cost, a very significantly lower cost now especially after the price hike. The Digit package includes 1 Magazine, 1 DVD, 1 CD and now one Fast Track book. We have subscribers who subscribed when it was 1 mag and 2 CDs. Today, for the same price, despite inflation and rising costs, we provide them with 1 Mag, 1 DVD, 1 CD and 1 200 page useful Fast Track book. Despite that fact that you went from paying Rs 35 per litre of petrol to around Rs 50 now, added to the ever increasing cost of commodities and price of living, you still get your digit for the same old price. The rest I have answered before...

harshagarwal said:
Letter from the Publisher brings out 3 points justifying their price tag
1) Cost of sourcing T2 DVD is very high
My Answer:WHO THE HELL IN THIS WORLD TOLD YOU TO GIVE AWAY T2 DVD.
NOR ME NOR ANY SUBSCRIBER. IN THE FORUM MANY USER WERE ASKING FOR A MOVIE DVD BUT NOT FOR ANY SPECIFIC ONE.
2)Inflation is on the rise.
My Answer:
OK INFLATION IS ON THE RISE ONLY FOR DIGIT OR WHAT?EVEN OTHER MAGAZINES ARE GIVING AWAY SPECIAL ISSUES TO THEIR SUBSCRIBER AT NO EXTRA COST.THAT TOO MUCH CHEAPER THAN DIGIT.
3)Subscriber got free gifts with their subscription.
My Answer:
I NEVER GOT A FREE GIFT.AND NO IS MAD HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MAGAZINE FOR FREE GIFTS.

Publisher also mentioned that we subcriber get our copy at home delivered and others have to go to newsstand to purchase it. It looks like they think subscribers are all handicapped and never leave their homes. What I feel is many of the subscribers would be going to offices and school/colleges and they an pick their copy on the way so Digit is not doing any favour on us by delivering the copy at our place.
Also they proudly send emails to their subscribers(atleast I recieved one) stating that I will recieve my copy of digit on 8th of the month and not on 1st.Even the mail was sent on 4th December i.e after coming to know that magazine would be late this month.

they also mentioned that the printing cost has rised and blah blah..... to justif the price tag of Rs.200/- for newsstand buyer and Rs.50/- extra for subscribers,
but tell me why not other publications and magazines are going the way digit has opted to. Other magazine(especially CHIP) are able to provide 2Cd's and a DVD every month that too at Rs.100/- and they telling us this kind of stories like we are dumb.

Nor Raabo nor the Publisher Mr. M Jasubhai has bothered to clarify their stand. I dont want these free gifts they are giving but I oppose the the price tag of Rs.50/- extra for the subscriber. When we subcribed their was no clause as such that we will have to pay extra for some special gifts. Tomorrow Digit might say that even if subscribers want their magazines they should pay Rs.50/- extra every month and will nicely send them a email or letter justifying their stand. This is not what we expected from a reputed publication house and also they are keeping their mouth shut and not even bothering to reply.

We never said you're handicapped??? Have you NEVER seen ANY ad that tell you about a home delivery service? Did you go and fight with pizza outlets for giving you "free home delivery"? Plus you pay the same amount whether you go and get it or have it delivered. Here, you save money. I would call that an advantage for the subscribers. How do you twist that into us calling you handicapped??? I understand that you're angry, though I cannot understand why, but seriously, let's not make stuff up!

Other magazines may offer a lot of things, but you subscribed to us, quite simply because you get a lot more for your money, even though we may be slightly more expensive. That was a decision you took, and I think it was the right decision, because i know where true value for money lies. I was a subscriber before I joined the team and continue to be one for my dad! Personally, I will not be paying Rs 50 extra, but only because I got T2 with my DVD player and have already played the game before. If I hadn't, I would have gladly paid.

I think the letter clearly mentions that this is a one time ask on our behalf, and I think it is unjust of you to insinuate that we will charge more for the magazine itself every month.

Tapomay said:
In the letter, CEO Mr. Jasubhai said that providing the extra DVD and CD costs very high. But as they already own the copyright to distribute them, only a few Rs. are needed for the blank discs to provide the !!gifts!! to subscribers.
Actually they don't pay any attention to us, as they know we already paid for a long time and can't break subscription in the middle according to their rule.
But I think this type of acts will really suffer them in near future.

We do not own the copyright for the movie, the producers and distribution companies own that. The costs to us are per DVD.

Now, you should know that many big and famous magazines out there, DO NOT provide subscribers with even special issues, leave alone any bundled goodies. Subscribers get a normal issue with an ad for the special issue and the chance to buy it for the newsstand price or slightly cheaper.

With Digit the content has always been the same for both newsstand and subscribers. As clearly stated in the CEO's letter, this is a one time charge for extra goods, NOT the content of the magazine. The newsstand buyers are paying more for the EXTRA goodies, NOT for the magazine and regular content—and we're asking you to do the same, not pay more than them but same or less.

I have also seen people say why did you give a movie dvd, well, the answer to that is the thousands of e-mails and snail mails and calls we started receiving, as early as October, to get us to give away a movie as we did before. Since a lot of our subscribers already had T2, and the costs for production skyrocketed, we were forced to offer the movie DVD and game CD as an optional package.

We understand that your initial reactions to this will be anger, only because you are used to our policies of passing as little of the costs off on to our readers, and taking the hit ourselves, but in some cases this is not possible. We have hoped that cooler heads will understand what you as subscribers have got thus far, and what you will get in the future, and place a value on it in terms of savings and the extra goodies you have got before for free. I think if you calmly look back at what Digit has provided you with in the past, and even compare it to what other magazines have offered, you will find that it's a lot more than this one time charge of Rs 50.

All I ask of all members of this forum is to think rationally and calmly about your past relationship with Digit, and tell me if paying Rs 50 (Rs 75 for newsstand buyers and outstation subscribers) for something that would cost in excess of Rs 1,000 if you bought it on your own is really so big a deal that it causes you to lose your cool.

There was one suggestion, made in the previous thread that I deleted in order to combine the DVD+CD/Mag thread, which I found very sensible: inform the subscribers one month in advance! I can assure you that as an employee of Jasubhai Digital Media, I will talk to the management and make sure you guys are always informed much in advance. Since our CEO himself has mentioned that this is a one time payment that is being asked of you, I do not think the need to inform subscribers of such things will arise anyway.

I would also like to tell you that the entire team left no stone unturned in trying to find a way to avoid this situation, but alas, finally, the decision was reached only because we found no other way. I sincerely hope you guys understand what I have tried to explain to you in this post.

Raaabo

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
For once it is good to see that Raaabo replying to these questions. This is what we want, interaction between us and someone from DIGIT.

premsharma

In the zone
IT IS GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK WITH ALL THESE EXPLAINATIONS. IF SUCH HEALTHY INTERACTIONS KEEPS TAKING PLACE BETWEEN DIGIT REP AND FORUM MEMBERS AT REGULAR INTERVALS, ALL THE PROBLEMS WOULD BE SOLVED. YOU MUST KEEP REPLYING TO THE POSTS ONCE IN A THREE DAYS OR SO.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
thanks raaabo for u r rply , before u post there other raabboo was born and got banned.
i am quite agree with ur above statements

kaysquare

Journeyman
Raaabo said:
kaysquare said:
I want an answer to the point. And one more question "IS DIGIT READY TO FACE A CONSUMER COURT" think twice before answering as i am taking screenshots of all these posts including the deleted posts, which i am planing to submit as proof in the consumer court if subscribers are not treated fairly.

First off I thought I explained the deletion? People (readers and the digit team as well) started messaging me saying that this whole DVD / CD / Mag thing in different threads was confusing, make it one thread... So i just did that, posted a new thread, deleted the older ones. If I was so interested in blocking your views I would have deleted this thread as well right? Think rationally for once please. The older threads, in fact, had more praise in it than this thread, so why didn't I just delete the brickbats then? I can't believe certain older members on this forum who know me are insinuating that i deleted the threads only to hide criticism. You guys sadden me i would have thought that you know me better than that! Besides, what was different in those posts from what you all have posted here. Print Screen away, I think it's a waste of time!

[/color]

Again i didnot get answer to my main question.

"if you still want to charge Rs 50, are you ready to face a consumer court "
It is the respect i have for DIGIT that is making me ask this question again and again....

If you are sure, reply on this forum saying the same and we will meet in the court...

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Kaysquare: You have a letter signed by our CEO which tells you that this one time we are charging Rs 50 to get EXTRA goodies that are NOT part of the regular Digit package that we promised to give you for your subscription price.

If you want these EXTRA digital discs, you will have to make out a cheque / draft for the amount specified in the letter.

Meanwhile please confirm here that you have received the special Zero1 Awards issue plus the regular Digit CD, DVD and Fast Track book at the same price you paid when you subscribed.

Best of luck!

Raaabo

iinfi

mekalodu
Raaabo said:
I didn't. If you read my post properly you will understand that I have the highest regard for the armed forces, which is why i was surprised that a supposed member of them would stoop to a level of making baseless allegations and using foul language. My mom was a principal of an Armed Forces school at one time, and I grew up in an army environment, I have nothing but utter respect for them, because they do a job that I cannot. Both my grandfathers died in the wars against Pakistan and China, and served this country proudly till their dying days. Think before you lecture someone about something you know nothing of.

As for you yourself, I think everyone who has been here for some time will know that you're nothing but a trouble maker and look to only pick fights. Still you continue on this forum, which i think says a lot about the leniency and freedom given to the members here.

Raaabo[/color]

me a trouble maker?????? who started it baby ???? me or Digit ???
and lemme tell you for what u have done to ur subscribers they are sure to shout at u and make baseless allegations. If you cheat subscribers will also make sure ur shamed in full public view.
and man if u say, fighting for ur rights is called trouble making, i can only laugh at u. There have been few instances where i have voiced my opinion against Digit in this section. When i have been wrong i have apologised.
in other sections i do not know when i have caused trouble.

and at last i stand up and salute ur mom and grandfathers who were members of the armed forces and a double salute to ur grandfathers who died fighting for our country.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I assume that salute was not a sarcastic gesture, so I thank you on their behalf.

Raaabo

iinfi

mekalodu
no no not at all. why sud i mock at people form the armed forces. they are the ones who giv their lives so that we can sleep in peace.

and i dont have any personal grudge against u. everything is against Digit only.

and one request. make an ID for Mr.Jasubhai and request him to answer in this forum.

Q. Why have subscribers not got the freebies just as the newsstand buyers? Don't you think you should treat subscribers, who play a big part in Digit's success, at par with the newsstand buyers and they are also eligible for the freebies?

thanks ....

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
अबतो मेेै ५० रुपये भेजनेकेलीये तयार हू| पर आगेसे िडिजट वालोकोे ऎसा करना नही चाहीये|

आगेसे ऊनको पहीलेसेही सबको बताना होगा की वो िकमत बढाना चाहते है|

thanks raabo for suggestion

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
kjuvale said:

Abh toh mein 50 rupey bhejne ke liye tayyar hoon. par aage se digit vaalo ne aisa karna nahi chhahiye. aage se unoh ne paheli se he batana chhahiye ki voh keemat badhana chhahtein hai.

My hindi is rusty but i think you should be:

ne = koh
unho ne = unkoh

Sorry, that's my copy editor alter ego talking...

Raaabo

tuxfan

Technomancer
Hmmm. Raaabo has taken great pains to explain the extra payment and I must say I am somewhat convinced. However, IMHO the whole thing could have been presented in a better/different way and there would have been bouquets for Digit instead of brickbats, at least from subscribers :)

For example, if the letter would have stated that there is a special deal for subscribers to get these things at only Rs. 50 then people would have said WOW!! But the letter sounded so apologetic that people pounced on Digit :) I guess, this time, Digit is sufferring for showing that bit of honesty in the letter.

Here's the whole thing in my opinion.

For news-stand buyers, its a packaged deal. Usual Digit issue + the extra stuff. Either pay 200 or skip the issue. But for subscribers, its an option and that too at a discount. So looking at from the other side of the fence, I can say that once again subscribers have been treated better here. :D

Konain

Right off the assembly line
Old game, still older movie. By the way I'm facing problems with AOE III demo. It's saying not enough disk space though it's 1.5 GB left!! Any solutions???

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Raaabo said:
kjuvale said:

Abh toh mein 50 rupey bhejne ke liye tayyar hoon. par aage se digit vaalo ne aisa karna nahi chhahiye. aage se unoh ne paheli se he batana chhahiye ki voh keemat badhana chhahtein hai.

My hindi is rusty but i think you should be:

ne = koh
unho ne = unkoh

Sorry, that's my copy editor alter ego talking...

Raaabo

ok ok i am editing my post , thanks for suggesstions. btw my hindi is not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom