[Preview + Feedback] - December 2006 Special Issue

Did you like the new "Digit OS" CD/DVD interface?

• Awesome!

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • It'll do, I guess

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • Horrifying!

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • There's a new interface?

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

keanu_reeves

Broken In
i received PC world on 1st and still waiting for my digit to show up

I tell u the procedure u tell them u got a faulty cd they ask you to mail it back you mail them the cd they never send u the cd simple

Last edited:

imdbest

Broken In
Luvd the most part of new Interface

But a suggestion, whenever a section is opened from digit button, the folder typo evoked plainly have the name of File or Product in there - no Quick Info.

Like File Info in Real OS Explorer, there also you ppl can provide quick info panel sensing the curosr over any product

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Felt short changed after paying 200 & waiting 8days into DEC (too late) all I got was getting software alreasy covered by PC World+a lot of software covered in previous issues...only the fasttrack & digit archives cd was worth the wait...mag content was below digit standards.

Last edited:

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Okay... finally managed to nail down a copy of this month's issue at Churchgate.

Thumbs up on the new CD/DVD interface! FT to Google is good, looking forward to its concluding part next month.

A big BOOO! to the skyscraper packaging of the CD+DVD. All the four discs are scratched. I can't believe the condition of the DVD though; it's roughed up to the point that my drive simply refuses to read it! The fact that the remaining discs are in working condition doesn't undermine their poor packaging and maybe even their rough handling during the packing process.

I hope this is an isolated case(re: scratched, unreadable DVD) as I'll try to demand a replacement. On top of a late release of an eagerly anticipated issue, if people are faced with the prospect of demanding for replacements, they won't be pleased one bit.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Not great contents for the CD/DVD. You just can't be good by increasing the number. Come on now you used to be better than this earlier. Give some good softwares instead of those some boring games and full movies that nobody will even touch...

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
sujithtom said:
Not great contents for the CD/DVD. You just can't be good by increasing the number. Come on now you used to be better than this earlier. Give some good softwares instead of those some boring games and full movies that nobody will even touch...
I totally agree.

digital_arun

Right off the assembly line
price is toooooo high for what you are giving on the cds and dvds. you could have packed all cds (except bootable one) into a single dvd!!!!
I will not buy it this time. Nothing is worthwhile on the cds.

rajwansh2003

Journeyman
good knowledge bank
Mr. Digital Arun what do you want , shall digit give you NFSC full verson,Adobe's software for Rs. 200 only. One more thing sorry but till today max. users are still having CD drives or writters than DVD Drives or writter.Again sorry Read this month Digit you are going to get comment on this topic.

Last edited:

blackpearl

The Devil
A Big disappointment.

Most of the CD/DVD contents were useless. Small and medium sized games were repeated, most of them isn't worth playing. I'm surprised you guys at Digit liked Worminator(???). There much more better games than that. The only thing that I liked on the DVD was the movie "Blue", but I would have loved it at a higher resolution.

The magazine was average; the zero1 awards was crap. Why do we need the zero1 awards? Isn't it a summary of all the products tested throughout the year? Then why would someone who reads Digit each month need it seperately. Now don't tell me its for those who don't read Digit each month. If someone misses an article, its their problem. And by the way, isn't the A-list something that serves the same purpose? The zero1 awards is just a detailed A-list. The buyer's guide is the same thing- repetition, it was the same stuff that was published last Dec, perhaps with a little modification. What was published is over and gone. Why keep repeating stuff? Sorry for the harsh words, but the magazine contents was worthless, atleast a large part of it.

The fast track was too detailed. It was like reading a manual or a read-me file on Google. I just skipped the pages and its over. Now you will say something like - "people complain when we are brief and people complain when we are detailed". What I have to say is, you write little on stuff that should have been written about more and you write a lot on stuff that should have been brief. While writing about Google Picasa and others you don't have to begin from installation to whats under the tools>option menu. Let the user find it out for themselves. And now there would be a 2nd part!!

In short, it was one of the worst issues in recent months and the price of Rs 200 makes it even more worse. I really shouldn't have bought it.

coolman.guron

Broken In
digit ppl u guys r loosing your charm n quick.

u gotta understand now that giving a cd/dvd is not a super seller trick.
now all of us ppl have broad band n v can download anything from vindows vista (803743A0407EEEC61BC51DC0735EF63E950A7419) to the latest u.s released movies that too in hd! ^_^

the last time i was happy with your mag was when i bought my last desktop and that was around oct 4-5 years ago. n the last time i bought digit - april this year was for ubuntu and tm nations.

though i love tech tech news n read it daily at google news and torrents of pc world u.s but i would still like to read the performance tests which u guys do.

now one good thing you can do is to make a noon dc version of your mag just like electronics4u.

2nd suggestion.

speaking of electronics u can add a electronics construction artice/etc. i remember when i was in 10th i was a total electronics hobbyist ^_^. the first thig you can add is an lirc(google) style project. just perfect for ppl who have their pc hooked up to the lcd tv's like me. (trust me u need it)

3re suggestion

You can educate the indian indian masses about triple head 2 go (triplehead2go) and other widescreen video options.

4th suggestion

add new sections/articles your mag is just too boring now. in a sense it lacks energy.

vavinashraju

Broken In
i am very angry with you people because when i was browsing from ur wall papers in this month's section suddenly i saw a nude photo in the 1028 folder and my mom saw it..................... man i was so embrassed please at least give a checkup to photos that you include in the digit from now onwards i dont think i will be able to buy it from now onwards my mom is very angry. the photo was i think some thing named linux chick in the dvd ..........as you can think the dvd is thrown out of my room in the garbage bin ..........i cannot say anything to you people .....plz dont do it again because yours is a very reputed mag

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
vavinashraju said:
i am very angry with you people because when i was browsing from ur wall papers in this month's section suddenly i saw a nude photo in the 1028 folder and my mom saw it..................... man i was so embrassed please at least give a checkup to photos that you include in the digit from now onwards i dont think i will be able to buy it from now onwards my mom is very angry. the photo was i think some thing named linux chick in the dvd ..........as you can think the dvd is thrown out of my room in the garbage bin ..........i cannot say anything to you people .....plz dont do it again because yours is a very reputed mag

lmao!

Well the interface is really very good and nicely treated! full bucket of cheers and a suggestion note: "please give also the swf files on cds and dvds to run interface also on Linux OS. This OS can't run *.exe. Is all good things are only for Windows?

A new OS is emerging FLASH OS!!! Ha ha ha ::p

lalam

In the zone
The new cd interface was awesome....But the pricing went a little too high at 200! Also most of the sotwares given along the five yes five! cds were boring! Thanks for the archieve one though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom