[Preview+Feedback] AUGUST 2005 DVD and CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
K K i 'll post no more if u dont feel its worth is, jus givin a sense of errors that r possible, but sure i understand where i've gone wrong.. its book srry, bout pte, i never read raabo's post fully, bout ODDySEY im jus suggestin a better caption as thier products are not worth it..

Well, back to the topic, can I have VB2005 in Next mon's digit ?

P>S>I will ever support DIGIT coz its such a wonderful mag...

And also thanks for the reply, and no, nobody dares pay me money to trouble digit, man after all i do love it buddies...

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
This months DVD has two s/w in ebook section, both the zip files are not working, though you can extract the contents. The Jokebook says some hardware lock is not found (or some thing similar). The other categorised e-books zip file has all .wri files that are password protected. So both these are utterly unusable. If this case is with me only??
Also, I have been thinking to write this since Digit CDs/DVDs did away with the html interface. We should at least get a text file in the root, listing all the softwares and their licenses along with their paths or at least file names and oreferably their licenses. Presently, I prefer to add some software (GPL'ed, other FOSS, other freeware in that order) to my compilations (as I do not need to install the s/w in the system where I am accesssing the DVD (specially as there is no DVD drive anywhere in my office and the only option is my laptop at home), I cannot know fronm the swf interface which is the file I need to copy for a particular software that I may prefer to install in another machine or just wish to keep for any future use.

xochimolo

Right off the assembly line
I just found out that this months august dvd which i bought from newsstand is blank .could u pls tell me what can i do now ?.can i get a replacement?

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Aijaz Akhtar said:
This months DVD has two s/w in ebook section, both the zip files are not working, though you can extract the contents. The Jokebook says some hardware lock is not found (or some thing similar). The other categorised e-books zip file has all .wri files that are password protected. So both these are utterly unusable. If this case is with me only??
Also, I have been thinking to write this since Digit CDs/DVDs did away with the html interface. We should at least get a text file in the root, listing all the softwares and their licenses along with their paths or at least file names and oreferably their licenses. Presently, I prefer to add some software (GPL'ed, other FOSS, other freeware in that order) to my compilations (as I do not need to install the s/w in the system where I am accesssing the DVD (specially as there is no DVD drive anywhere in my office and the only option is my laptop at home), I cannot know fronm the swf interface which is the file I need to copy for a particular software that I may prefer to install in another machine or just wish to keep for any future use.

Write to ishan_prakash@jasubhai.com with this complaint please.

And yes the idea of providing text files in each major directory with descriptions is a good idea... let's do it! Perhaps even HTML... would that be better? At least you can click on something and get an open/save option where you can save to disk!

What say Jacknife?

Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
@ xochimolo:
A blank DVD? Like a dvd you can write on???? Wow, that's so cool! :)

Write into help@jasubhai.com with your details, and include your digit subscription number, or the current month's Patron code!

nedun_cheran

Broken In
I have been thinking to write this since Digit CDs/DVDs did away with the html interface. We should at least get a text file in the root, listing all the softwares and their licenses along with their paths or at least file names and oreferably their licenses. Presently, I prefer to add some software (GPL'ed, other FOSS, other freeware in that order) to my compilations (as I do not need to install the s/w in the system where I am accesssing the DVD (specially as there is no DVD drive anywhere in my office and the only option is my laptop at home), I cannot know fronm the swf interface which is the file I need to copy for a particular software that I may prefer to install in another machine or just wish to keep for any future use.
Now my quote
Those were the days gone by when the prestigeous "chip" changed to "Digit" with the same type of CDs. And having a text file along with each and every shareware and freeware, in separate folders giving a brief history of that software. And those days I never found any malfunctioning CDs. Golden days gone...poyindhe...poye pochchu...
Now everytime when I buy the magazine from the newstand, I starts praying the God, "God this time it should work nicely" till I got it inserted into my laptop and waiting patiently to see the opening window. What a pityful and pathetic condition. Sometime I swear that I should not "BUY" anymore magazine hereafter but the first week of everymonth pulls me to the bookshop. My bike automatically stops the moment I see the new "Magazine" hanging at the shop. Can anyone save me from this hell like condition. This month also the DVD and CD were not funtioning properly, I need to go to the shop second time to get the things changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom