Preview and Feedback [December 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

echoplxx

Journeyman
2011 Collector's Edition

A-Z of tech (2001-2011)

*img841.imageshack.us/img841/3765/newdigitcoverdec2011800.jpg

A decade of tech, all boiled down into a brand new alphabet soup. The A to Z of technologies and products, people and companies, culture and events and a lot more. Grab your copy today!

Zero 1 awardsThe very best products of the year
The Zero 1 awards signify the pinnacle of achievement for products across categories... for this year only, of course!

Features – All the buzz from F1 India

Devworx special – A look at modern web and JavaScript + an exclusive interview with Dries Buytaert: creator of Drupal

Tips & Tricks
Content tips for your mobile
Tips to Mac OS, iOS and all things Apple
Intro to digiKam 8

Bazaar Tested
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101G
Acer Iconia Samrt 3000
Brag PC
WD My Book Live
Dell Vostro 3750

Agent 001
Headsets

*SKOAR! Magazine

*img35.imageshack.us/img35/446/newskoarcoverdec2011800.jpg

Best games of 2011-2012
Latest reviews
Battlefield 3
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
NFS: The Run
NBA 2K12
Rage

Previews
Star Wars: The Old Republic
The Adventures of Tintin

Fast Track to Artificial Intelligence

*img403.imageshack.us/img403/2456/newftai170.jpg

Chapter highlights
Ancient AI?
Radical thinkers
Intelligence – The human mind and creativity
and much more

DVD contnets

Alpha DVD

*img705.imageshack.us/img705/9474/dvddecember01.jpg

Adobe Master Collection CS 5.5 [demo]
800MB+ short films
12 HD Trailers*
Top 10 ads of the decade + 3 Full movies

Omega DVD

*img59.imageshack.us/img59/5362/dvddecember02.jpg

Digit TV exclusive -*Adobe MAX 2011 coverage
Game demos -*The adventures of Tinitin, Bastion, Anno 2070
500+ Optimization apps for Windows
Norton Security 2012 [demo]

Digit DVD

*img190.imageshack.us/img190/6771/dvddecember03.jpg

Past 10 years archive of Digit PDFs+ Top 10 Fast Tracks of all time
Over 2.5GB of full games
Open Suse 12.1 +*Fedora 16
100+ apps for your*Linux* machine

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
so late.. First time I had Mag before Preview. today itself I received Mag.. Have not checked it out. will check Later.. But only 10 Fast track.. that is worst thing.. You are supposed to give Last years Fast tracks. not just 10..

And why do you give 10 years Mag who is going to read old news.. Launch,review of Core2duo or Launch of HD.. Seriously?.. Instead you should have given All Fast track that would have been much appreciated

More later when I check mag and all it's contents

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
And why do you give 10 years Mag who is going to read old news..

We're celebrating technology and the past decade in tech with this issue, its not about old news and announcements, who'd read that right? Rather its a consolidated encyclopedia of everything tech which you'd keep and preserve for many years to come. Its like a quick reference guide to tech personalities, companies, gaming, software, hardware and much more. You wouldn't have read anything quite like this before

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ you forgot "quote" end Tag.. :lol: 2 years back I was regular subscriber.. From last 2 years I just get 2 issues yearly.. Anniversary and December Issue.. this is not First time You gave 10 years Mag you have given it before too. that is reason I said pls stop that instead Give Fats tracks. Most important thing I am disappointed about is you did not gave Last year Fast tracks..even Last year their was some mistake about Fast tracks (can not recall what but some thing was) But +1 for Adobe Cs5.5 , Short Movies, Ads of decade (nothing seen yet but looks interesting).

Last edited:

adilbhilai

Right off the assembly line
Got my pre-book copy today :-o
Good work Team Digit.......:)

Thanks for FEDORA 16 Live CD. Though you should have added Live DVD instead. But nonetheless 2.5 GB of gaming software with 100+ linux application, you guys are doing great for linux users like myself... :doublethumb::doublethumb:

toofan

Technomancer
And why do you give 10 years Mag who is going to read old news..
We're celebrating technology and the past decade in tech with this issue, its not about old news and announcements, who'd read that right? Rather its a consolidated encyclopedia of everything tech which you'd keep and preserve for many years to come. Its like a quick reference guide to tech personalities, companies, gaming, software, hardware and much more. You wouldn't have read anything quite like this before

Wish you were giving a search option also with this huge encyclopaedia, so that anyone can find the related tech information more easily other then reading all those old magazines.

I guess google will be much faster and far better option.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
cool cover design of both FT and the mag - the FT is really something new and I liked the topic - also getting previous 10 years of mag is good but it would be great if we can get all the FTs in pdf format as well for archiving purposes as it can save a lots of space.

I'm getting really excited about all the game reviews in SKOAR and 800MB+ short movies 3 full movies, 2.5GB of full games and those live linux distros - these all will keep me busy this month ;-)

BTW, it would be great if we can get the DVD contents list on a spreadsheet file ;-)

clmlbx

Technomancer
Guys here is Full Dvd contents... This package has "Cathy" app and Full three DVD contents.

Download

Instruction (who Don't know.)

1. Extract it.
2. click on Cathy
3. If you see "tips and Hints" Dialog box click on OK
4. go to Catalog Tab
5. Select One of three DVD's
6. Go to Directory Tab to see it's Full Contents.

Here is the List of 10 Fast Tracks

200807_Troubleshooting_II.pdf
200808_FT_Keyboard_Shortcuts.pdf
200901_FT_PHP.pdf
200902_FT_Linux_Beginners.pdf
200906_FT_Mobile_Apps.pdf
200908_FT_Open_Source_Software_New.pdf
201001_FT_Maya.pdf
201007_FT_Linux_Administration.pdf
201012_FT_Build_your_own_robot.pdf
201111_FT_Digital_Photography.pdf

dharmil007

Journeyman
Hey man thats pathetic,u people advertise all the past issues of DiGiT & do not live upto ur words.
i Just saw & From July 2011 all the issues are missing in the dVd ???
Whats this ???

& one more thing, why dont u give issues of fast track also with the dVd ???
i was hoping that it could be included in the dvd

C Nagaraj

Broken In
I am subscriber since its birth. Still I have neighter received the magazine of Dec. 2011 nor the intimation about its despatch. Some time back I used to get the magazine on the last day of the previous month. for eg. December issue on 30th of November itself. Now a days, I am getting around 10th. Why this delay and why can not be improved first. You have to satisfy the regular customer and then you can offer to the temporary customers. I hope the editor shall do somthing in this matter.

r4gs

In the zone
I am subscriber since its birth. Still I have neighter received the magazine of Dec. 2011 nor the intimation about its despatch. Some time back I used to get the magazine on the last day of the previous month. for eg. December issue on 30th of November itself. Now a days, I am getting around 10th. Why this delay and why can not be improved first. You have to satisfy the regular customer and then you can offer to the temporary customers. I hope the editor shall do somthing in this matter.

I do believe the editor commented on this in last month's feedback. You will need to contact customer service with details of a courier service that you would prefer in your area.

toofan

Technomancer
Today went to news stand for buying Digit (just for the PDF versions of Issues from Jan to Nov). Picked it up, found Rs 250 is still too much for me to afford it so after few minutes left with better Photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom