Pressy the Almighty Android button

.jRay.

Youngling
Touchscreens are amazing, but when you just want to turn on your flashlight, take a quick photo or send your location, simple actions can become a bit of a hassle.

Without Pressy, if you just want to turn your flashlight ON you need to:

Wake your screen -> Unlock it -> Exit your current running app -> Search for the app you want to use -> Launch it -> And finally, perform your desired Action.

This “simple” process requires 5-7 different Actions and takes more than 8 seconds! Additionally, you must maintain eye contact with your screen throughout the entire process.

Don't believe us? try and beat that time yourself!

But what if you want to perform an action quickly and without having to deal with or look at the device?

Pressy lets you perform any Action on your smartphone by using the most intuitive input – clicking a button – Saving you time and effort!

a really good concept, back it up here

Pressy - the Almighty Android Button! by Nimrod Back — Kickstarter

Hrishi

How will one take it out after inserting ? :?
Pull it out.! It seems tricky though.

BTW , why go for so much of hassle ?? Inserting this in your 3.5mm Headphone jack seems pretty useless to me.
We can modify the functions of volume rocker buttons or any other buttons on the device to render similiar functions . Like say pressing the volume-up button twice will trigger flashlight function (on/off) , or take a pic instantly , etc.

And they have even challenged the users to try manipulating the flashlight on/off or taking pics , etc in less than 6-7 steps .
I don't see how that's even close to challenge.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
errr.. read what you wrote again dude :p

Dirty mind :p btw Even I thought about that while writing it. ;)

Pull it out.! It seems tricky though.

And how will you do that ? I mean you have to get hold of something to pull that out, and the device is completely inside!

BTW , why go for so much of hassle ?? Inserting this in your 3.5mm Headphone jack seems pretty useless to me.
We can modify the functions of volume rocker buttons or any other buttons on the device to render similiar functions . Like say pressing the volume-up button twice will trigger flashlight function (on/off) , or take a pic instantly , etc.

And they have even challenged the users to try manipulating the flashlight on/off or taking pics , etc in less than 6-7 steps .
I don't see how that's even close to challenge.

They've pointed out the correct thing. What you can do in 10 secs in a "touch" based smartphone, one can do that in as much as in half time in a simple keypad based feature phone. But this may be redundant for most.

Regarding binding these functions to other hardware keys, you'll need to root, change ROM or may be even kernel for that, which is not everyone's cup of tea.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Haha is this a gag device/ sarcastic protest because the solution is less buttons, not more buttons

Hrishi

Dirty mind :p btw Even I thought about that while writing it. ;)

And how will you do that ? I mean you have to get hold of something to pull that out, and the device is completely inside!

Read it again. A set of pliers will be given to the users for free. :lol:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
With tasker it can be achieved in one step.

Wake up your phone -> Shake it.

Done.

Top Bottom