can anyone provide power supply list budget wise??
like this =>

between ₹1000-₹1500
1. cooler master xyz 400w = ₹1400 (rating = 6/10)
2. corsair xyz 350w = ₹1450 (rating = 7.5/10)
3. antec xyz 500w = 1500 (rating = 5.5/10)
between ₹1500-₹2000
etc etc..

I want to suggest power supply in my work area.
can anyone help me out..
I know about psu and 80+ bronze gold platinum but it will be better if I know the options with price while suggesting them..
thank you.
My general suggestions are:
  • Gigabyte P550B 550W 80+ bronze: 3.5k (basic systems or entry level gaming with nothing more than GTX 1650S)
  • Corsair CX 550 550W bronze: 4.5k (Entry to mid level gaming rigs, say till 160W GPUs like RTX 2060)
  • Corsair CX 650 650W Bronze: 5.5k (for up to 200W GPUs, but highly recommended to spend more as you are likely spending 100k on rig)
  • Antec HCG750 750W Gold: 7.6k (anything up to RTX 3070)
  • Corsair RM850x 850W Gold: 12k (RTX 3080/3090)
Problem is, many PSUs might be OOS, especially Corsair ones, so check what's available & use the PSU Tier list to check if its a good PSU.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Actually power supply needed for office pcs I don't know the specs but no GPU in there.
Also only used for MS Office and browsing purpose no hevy medium tasks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually power supply needed for office pcs I don't know the specs but no GPU in there.
Also only used for MS Office and browsing purpose no hevy medium tasks.
If office pc & no gpu with 4/6 core processor then I think even corsair VS series is alright but try to get at least corsair CX450.

quicky008

Technomancer
Why do some psu makers provide in cable capacitors as opposed to psus with capacitors built into the psu itself?What are the advantages/disadvantages of having such an arrangement?

Is it a good idea to buy a psu having such cables eg Corsair's RMX 850?Are such cables more likely to fail if bent or flexed too much as opposed to cables without any capacitors built into them?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads...le-capacitors-why-people-dislike-them.258986/

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only to original owners and bill copy is required.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

Plus corsair may ask you to ship it to some overseas location for which you need to incur one part of the shipping charge. If they ask you send it to some local service center then it would be just awesome.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Does anyone know where I can buy seasonic platinum PSUs in India? I have used Seasonic PSUs for the last 10+ years and I'm very happy. But I haven't seen them available online for a long time.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
*www.johnnylucky.org/index.html

*www.rocketjumpninja.com/

*linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Out of stock, nothing on prime either. Even if any get listed, they're never in stock. I want to replace my near 10 year old 850 M12ii.

Out of stock, nothing on prime either. Even if any get listed, they're never in stock. I want to replace my near 10 year old 850 M12ii.
Maybe get a PSU with 10 year warranty like Antec HCG 750/850 Gold, or go with the popular Corsair RM/SF/HX/AX series.
Corsair HX Series HX1000 — 1000 Watt 80 Plus Platinum Certified Fully Modular Power Supply

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Omega that psu tier list mentions in potentially dangerous section all of the gigabyte non aorus, so should we suggest those for budget builds or not?

Could we do our own list but instead of budget classification we could just put down the best units from each brand available from a-z with use case scenario mentioned?

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Does anyone know where I can buy seasonic platinum PSUs in India? I have used Seasonic PSUs for the last 10+ years and I'm very happy. But I haven't seen them available online for a long time.
Asus thor is 850w and around same price and thermaltek has 1050w at 20k comparing to those too this vfm.
*mdcomputers.in/thermaltake-toughpower-pf1-argb-1200w-80-plus-platinum-ps-tpd-1200f3fape-1.html
What wattage and budget are you looking at?

Omega that psu tier list mentions in potentially dangerous section all of the gigabyte non aorus, so should we suggest those for budget builds or not?

Could we do our own list but instead of budget classification we could just put down the best units from each brand available from a-z with use case scenario mentioned?
Got the info recently that some Gigabyte ones even explode, so stopped recommending that & replaced it with Corsair CV550/650 for 3.7k/4.7k.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.desertcart.in/brands/seasonic
Anyone heard of this site. It has quiet a collection of seasonic units and even Evga.

Top Bottom