Power Supply gone Kaput!

raviramgopal

Broken In
Hell,
For sometime now,My power supply is making a screeching noise,Very much like a dentist drill and is very irritating.I have tried cleaning the power supply without opening it several times but the sound just wont go.I have read on the net that replacing the power supply fan is not advisable.I have therefore decided to change my power supply (My current being Cooler Master extreme power 600W)

The following is my configuration:

Intel E8400 core 2 quad
MSI P35 Neo combo
Transcend 2 GB RAM
WDC 200GB SATA II HDD
Nvidia Geforce 9600GT
Samsung DVD Writer

I have a CM elite 330 cabinet.I would like to know which power supply i should buy and how much it would cost me.
Thanks in advance
Cheers,
Ramgopal

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hell,
For sometime now,My power supply is making a screeching noise,Very much like a dentist drill and is very irritating.I have tried cleaning the power supply without opening it several times but the sound just wont go.I have read on the net that replacing the power supply fan is not advisable.I have therefore decided to change my power supply (My current being Cooler Master extreme power 600W)

The following is my configuration:

Intel E8400 core 2 quad
MSI P35 Neo combo
Transcend 2 GB RAM
WDC 200GB SATA II HDD
Nvidia Geforce 9600GT
Samsung DVD Writer

I have a CM elite 330 cabinet.I would like to know which power supply i should buy and how much it would cost me.
Thanks in advance
Cheers,
Ramgopal

you brought Extreme Power so its causing problem. for cheapest, FSP Saga II 400W. its enough run your PC or gigabyte 460W. pick anyone.

for higher power (if you want upgrade your PC in future) get FSP Saga II 500W or the one Cool G5 recommended, if you can settle for the Corsair one. best in its class.

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
Thanks for the quick reply.
Could you give the cost of the Gigabyte one and the FSP power supply.
Thanks
Was the extreme power a bad buy?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks for the quick reply.
Could you give the cost of the Gigabyte one and the FSP power supply.
Thanks
Was the extreme power a bad buy?

FSP Saga II 400W ---> 2-2.3k
Gigabyte 460W ---> same price.
FSP Saga II 500W ---> 2.6-2.8k
Corsair VX450W ---> 3.7-4k

CM Extreme Power plus not good PSU from International standard & have the odd tendency of blowing up under load.

Top Bottom