Power supply blacklist thread for newbies

i m going to buy a new i5 2500 processor and a hd 6870 gpu,can u suggest me a PSU with minimal budget and yet b good. Pls mention d model with pricing...........

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I thought this would be helpful for people looking for cheap PSU's AnandTech - 350-450W Roundup: 11 Cheap PSUs

havoknation

Journeyman
What a answer. Laughing like hell after reading the answer of this que : My local computer dealer says that he puts iBall 500w PSU (or some other) in every computer and they work fine?? What should I do?

Nice Humor @ico

nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello, I live in bhubaneswar and they suggested me cabinet of i ball at Rs 1500 with warrenty for smps 3 yrs. I want to add a graphics card 2GB DDR3 priced at Rs 3200. I don't know the brands available here because they normally sell the i ball, intex, supercomp, zebronics, oddyssey etc. What a normal standard power supply unit costs which would be in my budget which is not maximum lets say Rs 2500 or below. Let me the brands avaliable and their prices so that i may inquire about them. Originally my PC budget was 26 thousand but reading this thread, I think i will try to invest in good power supply even if we dont have power flacutations frequently but i am worried about my graphics card. Normally local dealers don't store much branded items and even if i buy online, the problem with warrenty may occur with no service center present. Also the shopkeeper whom you buy everything but not the power supply doesnt want to help you out as you did not purchase from him. Its ok if you purchase the power supply through him whether branded or not

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Hello, I live in bhubaneswar and they suggested me cabinet of i ball at Rs 1500 with warrenty for smps 3 yrs. I want to add a graphics card 2GB DDR3 priced at Rs 3200. I don't know the brands available here because they normally sell the i ball, intex, supercomp, zebronics, oddyssey etc. What a normal standard power supply unit costs which would be in my budget which is not maximum lets say Rs 2500 or below. Let me the brands avaliable and their prices so that i may inquire about them. Originally my PC budget was 26 thousand but reading this thread, I think i will try to invest in good power supply even if we dont have power flacutations frequently but i am worried about my graphics card. Normally local dealers don't store much branded items and even if i buy online, the problem with warrenty may occur with no service center present. Also the shopkeeper whom you buy everything but not the power supply doesnt want to help you out as you did not purchase from him. Its ok if you purchase the power supply through him whether branded or not

There are power fluctuation in bbsr once in a while. Good decision on taking a proper psu.
The suggested corsair VS450 is a good buy (maybe the best in your budget) and it has a service centre near rly crossing sahidnagar.

nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello, I have seen these 3 models-

Corsair- VS 450

Gigabyte PoweRock Power Supply, True 550W 550 Watt SMPS

Cooler Master Thunder 450W 450 Watts PSU

All coming under Rs 2700. But coolermaster do not have a service center here in Bhubaneswar and Corsair has and Gigabyte(may be). But i want to know which would be the good value for money starting with the lowest.

My specs-

i3 second generation 2100

PH 61 Asus

4 GB DDR3 Ram

500 Gb Sata HDD

20 inch LED monitor

Graphics card- HD 6670 or GTS 450

Thanks. I have although decided for Corsair VS 450 because it has the service center facility but still i would like to know your view.

havoknation

Journeyman
Hello, I have seen these 3 models-

Corsair- VS 450

Gigabyte PoweRock Power Supply, True 550W 550 Watt SMPS

Cooler Master Thunder 450W 450 Watts PSU

All coming under Rs 2700. But coolermaster do not have a service center here in Bhubaneswar and Corsair has and Gigabyte(may be). But i want to know which would be the good value for money starting with the lowest.

My specs-

i3 second generation 2100

PH 61 Asus

4 GB DDR3 Ram

500 Gb Sata HDD

20 inch LED monitor

Graphics card- HD 6670 or GTS 450

Thanks. I have although decided for Corsair VS 450 because it has the service center facility but still i would like to know your view.

VS450 is best out of all these and if budget allows then Corsair cx430 could be a better option

how's THERMALTAKE PSU?

Amazing but availability is very less

nickreynold

Journeyman
What would be the ideal power supply to these combinations-

i3 2nd generation 2120+ HD 6670

i3 2nd generation 2120+ HD 6770

i5 750+ HD 6670

i5 750+ HD 6770

Thanks. I have decided to buy VS 450 from Corsair. Please reply so that i can change my mind or not.

april

Broken In
VS 450 is OK, but check out CX 430-CX 500. specially CX 500. they're better.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
What would be the ideal power supply to these combinations-

i3 2nd generation 2120+ HD 6670

i3 2nd generation 2120+ HD 6770

i5 750+ HD 6670

i5 750+ HD 6770

Thanks. I have decided to buy VS 450 from Corsair. Please reply so that i can change my mind or not.

In every case VS450 or CX430V2 will suffice.
But if you haven't bought any components yet, I think you should serious consider against buying i5-750. Its EOLed ~1 year ago.

Top Bottom