Power supply blacklist thread for newbies

Anish

Spectre
read a few reviews about huntkey. cheap & safe. btw which series & model?

I cant find that dude. its written as 450W and something in chinese or korean (i dont know what the heck it is). and a green sticker written ISE. It came bundled with the huntkey cabinet. Do i need to replace it? as of now, no trouble since i bought.

enterobotica

Right off the assembly line
i need a psu for my pc as i got it wrong at the first time due to lack of the knowledge. as now im somewhat aware that the system can fail at any moment, i want to change the psu as soon as possible. suggest me the wattage required for the configuration mentioned below:-

AMD Bull Dozer FX 6100(6 core), 3.3 ghz// 8gb ddr3 ram// radeon HD 6450 // gigabyte 880gm usb3 // 1 TB sata HDD (seagate) // "cooler master elite power 350w :( "

i use hardcore 3d softwares and i use my pc fro rendering in 3d.. plz suggest me a suitable wattage of psu that can go well n stable with my configuration. plz help me..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
i need a psu for my pc as i got it wrong at the first time due to lack of the knowledge. as now im somewhat aware that the system can fail at any moment, i want to change the psu as soon as possible. suggest me the wattage required for the configuration mentioned below:-

AMD Bull Dozer FX 6100(6 core), 3.3 ghz// 8gb ddr3 ram// radeon HD 6450 // gigabyte 880gm usb3 // 1 TB sata HDD (seagate) // "cooler master elite power 350w :( "

i use hardcore 3d softwares and i use my pc fro rendering in 3d.. plz suggest me a suitable wattage of psu that can go well n stable with my configuration. plz help me..

wrong thread for asking this.
All queries regarding power supply here
www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html
and also mention your budget.

d33p

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the valued information....I was going to buy a Zebronics Platinum 500W SMPS but after seeing this thread I have changed my mind and buy from reputed manufacturers only !

AcceleratorX

Youngling
For those doubting this thread, I'll leave my personal experience here for all to read:

I have a moderate gaming PC (due to changing hardware, I'll just mention the power levels: 95W CPU, 150W GPU, 4 HDDs, 1 DVD drive, 2 exhaust fans). The optimal power requirements for this type of PC are in the range of 450-500W.

I had this PC equipped with a VIP 600W until very recently. It ran it decently enough, I played my games, I watched videos, surfed the internet, everything basically worked. I had a little nagging issue with one of my HDDs oddly taking a longer time to seek if remained unused for a while. I put it down to a BIOS bug and lived with it for a time.

In the course of diagnosing some other issues, I thought it would be a good idea to go in for a better PSU. So I bought an Antec. After plugging it in, I was surprised to see all the little issues gone. No more little pauses while browsing my HDD, no more odd hangs during virus scanning (I always thought that was a bug with my scanner!), and a smoother gaming experience because the GPU wasn't throttling down as much as it used to before I replaced the PSU.

Funny as hell, the Antec I bought was the VP550P, which is "only 550W" compared to the VIP "600W". Heck, when I bought the VIP, I thought that even if it's only effectively a 450W unit it should still do the job since my PC won't need more. Guess I was wrong.

For all you guys, this is the first hand experience and a benefit that was realized by a gut feeling.

Those VIP units are still fine if you're not hooking up a high end GPU or 4 HDDs (i.e. your system is strictly low-end mainstream), but if you want to put powerful hardware, you're going to want to deliver reliable power.

In retrospect, the only thought I have is that perhaps I should have gone for a Corsair or Seasonic since those are cheaper for similar wattages compared to the 4.3K I paid for the Antec VP550P, but nevertheless I got a good product.

devx

Back on TDF :)
Add D-Tech my friend has 1 PSU and cabinet of this following company., and a very cheap material with most lower quality. 12v = 23A :-D

aadishvaar

Broken In
^^ For those on budget there is i think an FSP oem model for 1k

FSP >> PC Power Supply >> ATX 12V ver.2.3 >> EGA,(90)

is it available in india ?? Service center ??
tried google but cant find (for mumbai)

For those doubting this thread, I'll leave my personal experience here for all to read:

I have a moderate gaming PC

Funny as hell, the Antec I bought was the VP550P, which is "only 550W" compared to the VIP "600W". Heck, when I bought the VIP, I thought that even if it's only effectively a 450W unit it should still do the job since my PC won't need more. Guess I was wrong.

Thnx for sharing, as mostly newones cant figure it out that smps is giving problems. And specially when we have "All VIP fan - Dealers".

your review has helped me.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Blacklist for UPS? For what?
iball UPS are said to be cr@p.
I've one iball 600VA UPS which is being used from 2006 and still running strong (gives 5-6 minutes of backup to a system which consumes ~400Watt of power). So, I guess there is no meaning of blacklist of UPS.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
i mean to say like PSUs are there UPSes also that we need to avoid? A CORSAIR TX or HX OR ANY HIGH END PSUs paired with a local desi UPS will work great? will there be any technical flaws for it?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I'll test pair my HX850 @low load with my only UPS later today and post the result by midnight.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Tested now. No switching delay. So, I guess low quality of UPS can be paired with high end SMPS without any problem whatsoever.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
thanks for the info. Then why APC is suggested almost everytime for a new build instead of local desi UPSes which are much cheaper. What is the speciality of APC over the others?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
thanks for the info. Then why APC is suggested almost everytime for a new build instead of local desi UPSes which are much cheaper. What is the speciality of APC over the others?

I too have the same questionand dont have apc service in my area and VGUARD ups says they have door to door service and just call them in case of a problem

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
I bought a iBall Sprinter 500W PSU about 2 yrs ago & it just crapped out on me 4 days ago. Thank god nothing was burnt, etc. Just the PSU made a sound of current flashing & it wouldn't power the mobo again. Now I'll be selling my entire 2008 "ancient" rig :p & getting a new rig with branded parts. Just letting it out there....don't buy iBall any PSU ever!!!

Top Bottom