Post your Speedtest results

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
*www.speedtest.net/result/11851652488.png

In Opera Browser, applying VPN, under openSUSE Leap-15.3 OS.

@whitestar_999 , is it due to VPN,that the bandwidth is abysmally low?
Because youtube videos at 1080p are stopping...with the circle going on and on...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 , is it due to VPN,that the bandwidth is abysmally low?
Because youtube videos at 1080p are stopping...with the circle going on and on...
Yes, all the data passes through VPN so if VPN is slow then all the traffic will also become slow. That is why free VPN plans always have slower speeds compared to paid vpn plans on an avg(due to some technical issues paid vpn plans may also give slow speed on certain sites/country servers but overall their speed is much better).

kg11sgbg

Ultimately, ditched ALLIANCE Broadband and jumped onto the Airtel XStream Broadband Bandwagon(Fibernet).
Plan: Rs.999/- + 18%GST per month.:chinscratch::neutral:

SpeedTest Results:--->
*www.speedtest.net/result/11915553857.png

The only con being the Ping which is 7ms.:-x

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't give too much importance to pings, you will never get single digit ping for any online site/gaming & most of the times you will get 3 digit pings for any international site hosted in US/EU. These single digit pings are practically useless as they happen only because of speedtest server being in the same city.

Ultimately, ditched ALLIANCE Broadband and jumped onto the Airtel XStream Broadband Bandwagon(Fibernet).
Plan: Rs.999/- + 18%GST per month.:chinscratch::neutral:

SpeedTest Results:--->
*www.speedtest.net/result/11915553857.png

For ping comparison, I check pings to far away location, like a server in Singapore (as many gaming servers are there) & just check ping in MP games. The single digit pings in speedtest aren't that useful.

kg11sgbg

@whitestar_999 ; @omega44-xt , WHY SUCH DEGRADATION??? BY AIRTEL???
*www.speedtest.net/result/11939899540.png

This is with WIFI connection,that too by using WiFi Extender.

How can I ditch Airtel?Will they refund back my amount?

@whitestar_999 ; @omega44-xt , WHY SUCH DEGRADATION??? BY AIRTEL???
*www.speedtest.net/result/11939899540.png

This is with WIFI connection,that too by using WiFi Extender.

How can I ditch Airtel?Will they refund back my amount?
" WIFI connection,that too by using WiFi Extender."
There's the problem, I guess. Check speed with LAN wire at router where the internet comes to your home. If you get full speed there, airtel is at 0% fault.

kg11sgbg

Already checked speed with LAN wire at router.the message posted by me previously shows that speed is nearer to their promised/committed bandwidth. Problem arises when in wifi.

Already checked speed with LAN wire at router.the message posted by me previously shows that speed is nearer to their promised/committed bandwidth. Problem arises when in wifi.
So WiFi is the issue, as I said. Considering ~50Mbps, maybe you are running 2.4GHz WiFi & not 5GHz.

chetansha

In the zone
Airtel
Screenshot_20210827-201001_Opera.jpg

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 345628

going r/frugal , 30 Mbps is satisying for my daily needs (CSGO , Steam Downloads , Netflix Streaming , Online Classes) . While I conducted this test , my parents were streaming hotstar 4k in living room .

Capture.PNG

Why are you so fixated over speedtest results anyway? A friendly advice, Just use the connection as usual & if you face any issue while using then only look for such tests/analysis.
+1 to this

I'm myself using an airtel 40Mbps copper connection (not fibre). My only issue with it is low 7Mbps upload speeds which is annoying when I try to upload files. For gaming, it gives me better latency than Excitel fibre in my area, but excitel was offering like 100Mbps up & down for like ₹50pm more. Opted to stay with airtel for the lower latency. ACT is too expensive.

I'm not sure why many areas in Bengaluru has just copper for airtel. Many of my friends are using ACT just because airtel doesn't have fibre in their area & they don't trust small ISPs regarding downtime.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
+1 to this

I'm myself using an airtel 40Mbps copper connection (not fibre). My only issue with it is low 7Mbps upload speeds which is annoying when I try to upload files. For gaming, it gives me better latency than Excitel fibre in my area, but excitel was offering like 100Mbps up & down for like ₹50pm more. Opted to stay with airtel for the lower latency. ACT is too expensive.

I'm not sure why many areas in Bengaluru has just copper for airtel. Many of my friends are using ACT just because airtel doesn't have fibre in their area & they don't trust small ISPs regarding downtime.
My small ISP is unbelievably reliable. Maybe FTTH is better than old school BB. But they resolve issues quickly, if there is one.

Top Bottom