Post your Speedtest results

aaruni

The Linux Guy
[MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION] : Problem found. I get ~16 mbps on wi-fi. I get more than promised in wired connection.

*www.speedtest.net/result/3806052651.png

aaruni

The Linux Guy
The getting more than promised on wired, or getting a very less portion on wi-fi ?

As for the low wi-fi speeds, I think it may be due to crappy coverage. I get around 30% signal strength in my room.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] : now that I think about it, the crappy speed over wireless might be due to a couple of reasons combined :

Multiple computers / phones / tablets using the connection. (got 4 laptops, and two android devices. mostly always connected).
Crappy signal coverage.
Driver problems.
The broadcast mode of the router. (Its the one which works with the macbook in the house. the weaker one from WEP and WPA). That may lower speed.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] : now that I think about it, the crappy speed over wireless might be due to a couple of reasons combined :

Multiple computers / phones / tablets using the connection. (got 4 laptops, and two android devices. mostly always connected).
Crappy signal coverage.
Driver problems.
The broadcast mode of the router. (Its the one which works with the macbook in the house. the weaker one from WEP and WPA). That may lower speed.
Well, as far as multiple devices connectivity is concerned, it'd have an effect in LAN too.

amjath

Human Spambot
What....?? I never knew it.. btw I tested this after 12 only so I was paying only 50rs for 1GB .:D

I once activated 1 day 25mb pack and wanted to test the speed. In 1st speed test Upload Test was cancelled so tested again, when doing completing download test I recieved a test message that I have reached 80% of my data limit :(

Damn aircel has very cheap plans

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I once activated 1 day 25mb pack and wanted to test the speed. In 1st speed test Upload Test was cancelled so tested again, when doing completing download test I recieved a test message that I have reached 80% of my data limit :(

Damn aircel has very cheap plans
Well let me try again today to confirm this theory and its Airtel not aircel :D and did i mention that the pack only lasts for 6 hours ??

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Today BSNL changed my PLAN from BB Home Combo ULD999 to BBG Combo ULD1425,after they contacted me over my Landline No.(Received by my spouse)from Dum Dum Exchange, subsequently,after getting the Phone No. of the official,dealing with the Broadband connection, I ringed them back from my office and gave my consent. I had already contacted BSNL to change my Plan through :---> CRM ; The Plan was changed and set accordingly.

Delay in my change of Plan being the Durga Puja Celebrations and Holidays in West Bengal & Calcutta/Kolkata...

ALREADY CHERISED 8GB FUP for 4Mbps and then yesterday,the idiot*c display popped on the screen for consent of Increased Speed(Pay More through Top Up) or remain at 512kbps(no extra payment). I chose for 512kbps.
Today onwards till end of month I am going to get 4Mbps till 20GB(FUP) and then 512kbps thereafter unlimited. Thus a Bonus of 28GB till FUP.:-D

But have a look at :--->
*www.speedtest.net/result/3817332848.png

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Already I've uploaded/downloaded (total network traffic) upto 23.6GB as on today from 1st October,2014.

Speed Test Today(26-10-2014) :--->

*www.speedtest.net/result/3860384216.png :-D

I am getting this speed as a Bonus Speed from BSNL, as per #1196 of the above statement thread.:wink:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION],change your plan to new ULD1445 which gives 1mbps after 2mbps till 20gb fup,much better than your current 512kbps post fup plan for just rs.20 more.

amjath

Human Spambot
Re: Post your Speedtest results [ Beam users are not allowed :D ]

I'm planning for that. I will do it next month. Before that I have a question. If I activate this promotional offer I will not be forced to change the plan right?
This promotional offer was available 3 months ago too and said after 3 months it won't be available. Now we are seeing the same plan. That's my concern

Top Bottom