Post your Speedtest results

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION], [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]
Broadband Internet Service on FTTH
Any DSL Broadband plan (including combo plan) with FMC Rs. 375 and above is applicable on FTTH .
basically it means you can get any broadband plan available on telephone line which cost more than Rs.375 on FTTH with extra Rs.150 as FTTH modem charges.So 1445 plan on FTTH will cost 1445+150=1595(excl taxes).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@kg11sgbg, @SaiyanGoku

basically it means you can get any broadband plan available on telephone line which cost more than Rs.375 on FTTH with extra Rs.150 as FTTH modem charges.So 1445 plan on FTTH will cost 1445+150=1595(excl taxes).

What is the use of FTTH when all the speed you can have is just 512 kbps? :(

My current ISP gives 2-2.5 mbps, 20 GB FUP (512 kbps post FUP) for Rs 625/month including taxes, even though the plan's speed is advertised as 1 mbps.

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
@kg11sgbg, @SaiyanGoku

How about not forgetting initial charges?
Existing: One time:
ONT installation charge - Rs 500
ONT security deposit - Rs 1000

Recurring:
xyz Plan charges + 150/month ONT rent
If you are a new user.. :p :D

One time:
ONT installation charge - Rs 500
ONT security deposit - Rs 1000
Plan Security deposit - Rs. xyz
Landline Instrument Deposit charges - 500

Recurring:
xyz Plan charges + 150/month ONT rent

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
security deposit of 1000 is refundable,ONT installation charges are reasonable & landline instrument deposit charges are common for all bsnl landline plans.biggest advantage of FTTH is much more stable connection compared to copper wire phone line & same upload speed as download speed(2-4mbps approx.).

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
security deposit of 1000 is refundable,ONT installation charges are reasonable & landline instrument deposit charges are common for all bsnl landline plans.biggest advantage of FTTH is much more stable connection compared to copper wire phone line & same upload speed as download speed(2-4mbps approx.).
I cannot comment on other cities but here in Hyderabad i checked out my friends FTTH connection and the ping is literally awful. To local servers it was 40-50ms, infact on my ACT connection it is 1-2ms.
As long as upload speeds are concerned, they are restricting it to 50% of the download speed.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ping does not depend on connection type but routing tables(aka settings at bsnl main servers) which has always been bad for all big indian isp providers(bsnl,reliance,airtel).on adsl connections upload speed is usually 512kbps only even if dl speed is 8mbps so for a 4mbps FTTH connection if one gets even 2mbps upload speed it is much better than any adsl connection upload speed.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@whitestar_999 , since I am running the broadband through my old trusted D-Link DSL-2520U ADSL2+ modem,without any wireless router currently.It is a direct line between modem and PC.Just see the values ?????!!!!

*img912.imageshack.us/img912/9287/6Hzs1g.png

Should I go for FTTH for the SNR values as shown above???

*img661.imageshack.us/img661/8285/boig0H.png

What about the error values as shown in Bit Errors above?

*img673.imageshack.us/img673/1373/L9rhkB.png

Is the configuration regarding the modulations correct? Or do I need to tweak any thing?

Speed Test result as of now :--->
*www.speedtest.net/result/4659150596.png

Any suggestions,advice Friend?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
snr values are applicable for telephone line,in case of optical fiber there is no such thing.some people reported better snr values with G.dmt but if the local exchange settings are set for adsl2/2+ then G.dmt modulation will not connect with exchange network.in any case if FTTH is available in your area you should take it as in any case/condition it will be more stable than telephone line(can't say the same for speed though).

kg11sgbg

snr values are applicable for telephone line,in case of optical fiber there is no such thing.some people reported better snr values with G.dmt but if the local exchange settings are set for adsl2/2+ then G.dmt modulation will not connect with exchange network.in any case if FTTH is available in your area you should take it as in any case/condition it will be more stable than telephone line(can't say the same for speed though).

Just now contacted BSNL customer care about the FTTH aspect,but according to them,I have to change my Plan,and opt for a new FTTH BB conection from BSNL.No security deposit of Rs.1,000/- as it has already been paid,only Rs.500/- for installation charges.
In that case shall I opt for ULD1445 again through FTTH?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just confirm that you will get 1445 plan again on FTTH as sometimes bsnl people don't know about availability of normal plans on FTTH too & also get the expected time for install as during that time you will have no broadband connection from bsnl.

kg11sgbg

just confirm that you will get 1445 plan again on FTTH as sometimes bsnl people don't know about availability of normal plans on FTTH too & also get the expected time for install as during that time you will have no broadband connection from bsnl.

What about the modem + router?
Do I need to buy a new one at hefty price or will the existing ones do the work?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
FTTH modem is entirely different from ADSL modem.the extra Rs.150 is the rent/month for this FTTH modem besides the Rs.1000 refundable security deposit for this modem.these prices are reasonable as the modem itself costs Rs.12000 & is not available in consumer shops(online as well as offline) as it is more of a business class product.

kg11sgbg

FTTH modem is entirely different from ADSL modem.the extra Rs.150 is the rent/month for this FTTH modem besides the Rs.1000 refundable security deposit for this modem.these prices are reasonable as the modem itself costs Rs.12000 & is not available in consumer shops(online as well as offline) as it is more of a business class product.
That is it.
Thanks ,Friend for the clarification and guidance.

Seems,I have to buy copper wire based twisted pair telephone cable in lieu of replacing my aged/dated old telephone wire(joints and breakages at points),which is the cheapest option as of now,in order for good SNR margins,etc.,for the current speed /bandwidth of BSNL.

kg11sgbg

Speed test result just now:--->

Just see the ping values which is a disgrace on this line.
*www.speedtest.net/result/4668567299.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
actually that is expected value on bsnl line.pings don't depend on connection speed.they depend on routing table configuration at main servers which is not good at bsnl so even if you get 50mbps FTTH connection you will still get same pings.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
One of my friend in US has 500Mbps download speed and 100Mbps upload with a unlimited broadband connection

costs $150 per month

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
One of my friend in US has 500Mbps download speed and 100Mbps upload with a unlimited broadband connection

costs $150 per month
One of my friend in US has 1000Mbps Download and 1000Mbps upload with a unlimited broadband connection in Minneapolis

Costs just $65/month on a year commitment. :p

Top Bottom