Post your latest Purchase

icebags

Technomancer
How about Strontium as a brand ??

that little card reader for those extra Rs 30 seems to be a good value for me.

Is it a good brand ?

i have a strontium 8gb card in my fone, i dont write much and its going fine for 1.5 years. it may be just fine, if you restrain disk write by moving all temp stuff to RAM, setting SWAP off, deleting stuff only when card is almost full (deleting at one go), and system updates only once in a while. if you are to get strontium, then go for that nitro (UHS) series, much higher read speed than normal class 10.

but when it comes to put trust in flash disk / drives, then people normally put it on sandisk, sandisk simply does not fail as much as other brands, unless you torture it lott. :D

p.s. i ordered 16gb class 10 sandisk from fk !

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
bought orange pi one ! :bananana:
( Allwinner H3 proccy + 512MB ram )

*i.imgur.com/nQpLrEk.jpg?3

damages : $9.99 + 3.39 for sheeping :D

+ bought hdmi cable for installation @ 90/-
+ ordered heat sink for the same @ 30/-
+ thinking of purchasing a class 6 / 10 micros SD.

it's cheap & open source. on the same time, harder to user due to having a relative low number of people in community and lack of support from manufacturer. However, as long as there is armbian, it will work well.

hardware is not as sophisticated as raspberry pi, but its open source and you are free to do whatever you want. booting is quite challenging as well, many people complain about not being able to boot, but i was able to boot it with some tips and tricks on the 2nd day of trying, so, feeling happy !

Capabilities?

desai_amogh

In the zone
i have a strontium 8gb card in my fone, i dont write much and its going fine for 1.5 years. it may be just fine, if you restrain disk write by moving all temp stuff to RAM, setting SWAP off, deleting stuff only when card is almost full (deleting at one go), and system updates only once in a while. if you are to get strontium, then go for that nitro (UHS) series, much higher read speed than normal class 10.

but when it comes to put trust in flash disk / drives, then people normally put it on sandisk, sandisk simply does not fail as much as other brands, unless you torture it lott. :D

p.s. i ordered 16gb class 10 sandisk from fk !

I guess ill just order a Sandisk then. I want it to last :D

Hrishi

@Hrishi - congrats! the intel SSD is used? i too have to buy a 240GB Crucial SSD.

Yes, I bought a used one since I will be using it for experimentation purpose at Home lab.
Read speed is pretty good but the write speed isn't much. Write speed is around 150-180MB/sec. I think if you're spending above 5k, it's wise to invest is any new SSD. I would recommend an EVO 800 series SSD ( I have a EVO 850 120GB ), and it's pretty quick!

Samsung 250GB 750EVO SSD Amazon.in: Buy Samsung 250GB 750EVO SSD SATA III 2.5IN MZ-750250BW Online at Low Prices in India | Samsung Reviews & Rating

Kingston UV300 240GB 2.5-inch Solid State Drive Amazon.in: Buy Kingston UV300 240GB 2.5-inch Solid State Drive Online at Low Prices in India | Kingston Reviews & Rating

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Yes, I bought a used one since I will be using it for experimentation purpose at Home lab.
Read speed is pretty good but the write speed isn't much. Write speed is around 150-180MB/sec. I think if you're spending above 5k, it's wise to invest is any new SSD. I would recommend an EVO 800 series SSD ( I have a EVO 850 120GB ), and it's pretty quick!

Samsung 250GB 750EVO SSD Amazon.in: Buy Samsung 250GB 750EVO SSD SATA III 2.5IN MZ-750250BW Online at Low Prices in India | Samsung Reviews & Rating

Kingston UV300 240GB 2.5-inch Solid State Drive Amazon.in: Buy Kingston UV300 240GB 2.5-inch Solid State Drive Online at Low Prices in India | Kingston Reviews & Rating

home 'lab'?! would like to know more briefly if no issues.

i'll be buying either a new or 'like new' crucial SSD ('like new' because the particular model i have homed on, has been recently released, and if someone is willing to part with his own, then i am more than willing to buy; i purchased an RMAed, sealed, kingston 120GB SSD for my HTPC a couple of months back). i arrived at that crucial model after going through several searches. the samsung ones i have been reading people having some issues with them of late on some forums.

Hrishi

home 'lab'?! would like to know more briefly if no issues.

i'll be buying either a new or 'like new' crucial SSD ('like new' because the particular model i have homed on, has been recently released, and if someone is willing to part with his own, then i am more than willing to buy; i purchased an RMAed, sealed, kingston 120GB SSD for my HTPC a couple of months back). i arrived at that crucial model after going through several searches. the samsung ones i have been reading people having some issues with them of late on some forums.
Home Lab ~> Running tons of Virtual Servers and Emulated Devices over couple of physical workstations.
Cisco ASAs/Checkpoint Firewalls/Several Endpoint Protection Servers/Bunch of Virtual Endpoint Agents(McAfee/Symantec) and quite a number of Virtualized Networking Equipments.
In layman's lingo it's a Computer/Network Security Lab setup at home for learning and experimentation purpose. And because most of them are evaluation products networked over a Gigabit connection so I need a high speed drive to save on time and unnecessary efforts.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

surya kumar

Broken In
Purchase date: 16/08/14

Items:
Hynix 1GB Ram DDR1 Desktop/ Computer Ram
Capacity:1 GB
Memory Type: DDR 1 Memory
Frequency: 400 Mhz
RoHS compliant

Retailer:
LatestOne.com online

City :
Hyderabad

Other Product Considered:
-No--

Suggestions/Problems after Purchase:
NONE. Works good No issues.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Home Lab ~> Running tons of Virtual Servers and Emulated Devices over couple of physical workstations.
Cisco ASAs/Checkpoint Firewalls/Several Endpoint Protection Servers/Bunch of Virtual Endpoint Agents(McAfee/Symantec) and quite a number of Virtualized Networking Equipments.
In layman's lingo it's a Computer/Network Security Lab setup at home for learning and experimentation purpose. And because most of them are evaluation products networked over a Gigabit connection so I need a high speed drive to save on time and unnecessary efforts.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

:eeek:
all this for study/work purpose?!

Top Bottom