Post your latest Purchase

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Home Lab ~> Running tons of Virtual Servers and Emulated Devices over couple of physical workstations.
Cisco ASAs/Checkpoint Firewalls/Several Endpoint Protection Servers/Bunch of Virtual Endpoint Agents(McAfee/Symantec) and quite a number of Virtualized Networking Equipments.
In layman's lingo it's a Computer/Network Security Lab setup at home for learning and experimentation purpose. And because most of them are evaluation products networked over a Gigabit connection so I need a high speed drive to save on time and unnecessary efforts.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

:eeek:
all this for study/work purpose?!

Hrishi

I've heard that's a field of much importance in this time. all the best!
Yes, considering the amount of Data flowing over the web and the amount of business that depends on it... Information Security has become extremely critical.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Gollum

Collector
I got My Bike Paddock stand Yesterday.
*i.imgur.com/FEPIjc7.jpg
*i.imgur.com/EYEZ1hF.jpg
*i.imgur.com/nyDE727.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Fa0PmQa.jpg

And some tools for the Bike
*i.imgur.com/h6gyqMb.jpg
*i.imgur.com/FnVwKFY.jpg

ajayritik

Technomancer
Bought Saandisk 32 GB for $ 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk IMG_1488.jpg

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't usually post stuff here. But I bought this today:

RAM: G.Skill 1 x 8 GB F3-1600C9S-8GXM

*i.imgur.com/ruetR6O.jpg

Cost me Rs 2650 from Nehru Place. Now my system can use 16 gigs of RAM :D

icebags

Technomancer
^ u should usually post more here.

now set your virtual memory off, set up a ramdisk partition of 4gb & move all temp location there & share how it goes. :D

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Bought few things during the freedom sale. Sanyo 32 inch Full-HD TV, Logitech Bluetooth speaker X50, Indian Team cap, Wrangler jeans(FK), Deodorant set and one formal John miller branded shirt all from amazon other than the jeans.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^ u should usually post more here.

now set your virtual memory off, set up a ramdisk partition of 4gb & move all temp location there & share how it goes. :D

Well, yea. Replied to your post here: *forum.digit.in/pc-components-confi...quency-latency-compatibility.html#post2297310
(To not make this thread off topic).

funskar

Padawan
Bought few things during the freedom sale. Sanyo 32 inch Full-HD TV, Logitech Bluetooth speaker X50, Indian Team cap, Wrangler jeans(FK), Deodorant set and one formal John miller branded shirt all from amazon other than the jeans.

Why sanyo rather than other cheap brands .. hyundai giving 5yr warranty bro

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Today i have placed the order on amazon for raspberry pi 3, raspberry pi 3 case and Sandisk Extreme PRO micro SD card-8 GB.
I am planning to config raspberry with KODI for home entertainment purpose :)
Total damage - 4950

shreeux

Movie Buff
Any one clear my doubt?

Why everyone buy Raspberry pi for home entertainment?

In my case..I was download all video files (1080P+All formats) through PC and copy to USB (Pendrive)...Play it on Sony LED-TV.

Missing anything pls suggest..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Today i have placed the order on amazon for raspberry pi 3, raspberry pi 3 case and Sandisk Extreme PRO micro SD card-8 GB.
I am planning to config raspberry with KODI for home entertainment purpose :)
Total damage - 4950

Shouldn't have bought that microsd card. Even normal class 10 card would be good for it.

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Have checked on the some forum and they are saying that for better performance sd card card should be of good speed and sandisk extreme provide maximum of 60 mb/s speed. That's d reason i went for above card.
I have i question- Is it possible to boot kodi in raspberry pi 3 with the help of USB pendrive?

swatkat

Technomancer
Any one clear my doubt?

Why everyone buy Raspberry pi for home entertainment?

In my case..I was download all video files (1080P+All formats) through PC and copy to USB (Pendrive)...Play it on Sony LED-TV.

Missing anything pls suggest..

Exactly :) There's no reason to buy Raspberry Pi or any such single board computers (Beagle, Arduino etc), USB drive and TV work just fine. Pi, Arduino etc are a contrived way of doing simple things like watching a movie :)

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
For me only reason is to stream online movie directly on my LED tv and also my tv media player is not that much supportive while watching content through pendrive.
I have Toshiba LED tv.

shreeux

Movie Buff
For me only reason is to stream online movie directly on my LED tv and also my tv media player is not that much supportive while watching content through pendrive.
I have Toshiba LED tv.

In my case, I dont like to Watch streaming online movies..its more disadvantages for me..Stopping or Pause or watch it later if boring..I always use subtitles for foreign languages..!!!

If movies good, I will share to my friends...like etc...,

Top Bottom