Post your latest Purchase

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Congrats annindyadas. And yes you need to buy a separate cable for USB 3.0.

BTW I purchased 2* Sandisk Cruzer Blade 16GB for Rs2400.

ajai5777

Youngling
Bought hp pavilion g4 1200tu @ 34900/- for my sis.
2gb extra ram was added.
Got 14MP digicam fujifilm finepix jv200,4gb pendrive,headphone with mic,mouse, 1 year extended warranty and hp backpack as onam offer :)

Pics

*i52.tinypic.com/120j7eg.jpg
*i52.tinypic.com/20trs02.jpg

I was looking for a core i3 model having 6470 graphics but that model was stopped and wasnt available anywhere so I had to settle with this.I was little disappointed as I didnt get dedicated graphics.I just checked the Intel HD graphics 3000, integrated in the sandybridge cpu.I expected only older games to run on this graphics like GTA SA etc.But I was wondered with the results
First I tried POP 2008 - low settings 1280 x 720p 50+ FPS
then Dirt2 - low settings 1280 x 720 30+ FPS and its pretty smooth and playable
BFBC2 - low settings 1024 x 768 40+ FPS and pretty smooth.

What to expect more from onboard graphics?

Next I'm gonna try dirt3 :razz:

aniket.cain

Padawan
Congrats annindyadas. And yes you need to buy a separate cable for USB 3.0.

BTW I purchased 2* Sandisk Cruzer Blade 16GB for Rs2400.

Congrats. But why is the price so high? 1 Sandisk Cruzer Blade 16GB costs Rs. 880 on Letsbuy (without discount). With discount you could get 2 for Rs. 1584 only.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@ajai5777: congrats. As that laptop is for your sis, so the graphics card won't matter(assuming that she don't play games).

@Cybertonic: Congrats!

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Congrats. But why is the price so high? 1 Sandisk Cruzer Blade 16GB costs Rs. 880 on Letsbuy (without discount). With discount you could get 2 for Rs. 1584 only.

I got it from a local shop. The guy claims to be a distributer of sandisk and is willing to give hand to hand replacement anytime. I've also had very good experiences with him so i bought them from his shop.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I bit the bullet and ordered a music CD from Amazon UK :

Sting in the Tail (Premium Edition)- Scorpions GBP 13.26(incl. shipping) [approx INR 1000]

*www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00421VQYC/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

The standard edition is available in India, but I wanted the extra songs and DVD :))

Gonna have to wait till October 4th-10th for delivery :(
I chose standard delivery. Express shipping would cost ~GBP 42 total :shock:

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^ I usually go for digital versions from bandcamp. Can't wait for that long and the hassles tied with international shipping.

Though there are not much sites where I can find the band I am looking for.

Congrats anyway.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Congrats kilroyquasar.

Thanks ! :smile:

Great purchases man :)
*BTW where did u get deathadder for 1784 ? :shock:
*CM Storm - Weapon of Choice M4 DM & Evo-G IMP2, two mouse pads ?
btw i saw lighted mouse pads for first time, they look real cool ;)
*finally do post ur review/feedback about the attack headphones (as i also have to buy 1 :| )

* over at letsbuy using discount coupon :grin:
* Yeah, one for my laptop, which i use as a download machine :grin:
* the headphone is very good. but dont expect something phenomenal out of the box. its got a very balanced output, but the bass is no weakling ! just out of the box, it wont impress you much. give it 2-3 days, and it will come into full form. will sound very good ! its not a slouch in any way, and also packs an inline vol-control, the ability to be used as a headset with cellphones, splitter cable, shirt clip (yeah !), an mic (w/ on/off switch), all these which are sorely missing from the sennheisers, sonys, etc in this price-range ! looks are killer too.

a downside could be sweating over ears over prolonged period of constant use, as well as a bit pain at ear-ends (which is i guess the case with most of the headphones with ear-cups. but then its a good thing too, since that way you are compelled to remove them for momentarily, giving your ears a breather ;))

also, the cable could've been braided. but nevertheless....and the 3.5mm pins are gold-plated with covers (which i keep dearly secured :grin:)

enough said...showtime now...zara gaur farmaiyega (requesting your kind attention), but pls pardon for the pics-quality :| :smile:

*i.imgur.com/W09hH.jpg
*i.imgur.com/RUMkx.jpg
*i.imgur.com/8vGvs.jpg
*i.imgur.com/VUASq.jpg
*i.imgur.com/9Lcx0.jpg
*i.imgur.com/BnTwG.jpg
*i.imgur.com/fmLqm.jpg
*i.imgur.com/pFvB7.jpg
*i.imgur.com/buVGo.jpg
*i.imgur.com/QgUS0.jpg
*i.imgur.com/297Oo.jpg
*i.imgur.com/zoQIV.jpg
*i.imgur.com/4Llw0.jpg
*i.imgur.com/nGK1A.jpg
*i.imgur.com/lCSIv.jpg
*i.imgur.com/5v0JS.jpg
*i.imgur.com/TOuyW.jpg
*i.imgur.com/uU0j4.jpg
*i.imgur.com/VT3R0.jpg
*i.imgur.com/pOaoN.jpg
*i.imgur.com/B2Rhh.jpg
*i.imgur.com/a8MPI.jpg
*i.imgur.com/WfHr7.jpg
*i.imgur.com/OUJBC.jpg
*i.imgur.com/gwn8Z.jpg
*i.imgur.com/is5eJ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/n44x1.jpg
*i.imgur.com/UHpee.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Qs9O3.jpg
*i.imgur.com/zTSpJ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/xAw93.jpg
*i.imgur.com/UvdYD.jpg
*i.imgur.com/3nEoL.jpg
*i.imgur.com/HxTck.jpg
*i.imgur.com/IvEmS.jpg
*i.imgur.com/k2XBj.jpg
*i.imgur.com/WmzRm.jpg
*i.imgur.com/dQcBN.jpg
*i.imgur.com/dIvuq.jpg

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@Faun:Meh. I like master copies with high quality rips of the music. Unless they give a minimum of FLAC/WMA Lossless 16-bit decodes, no thanks.

I recently modded my 558s and they sound much fuller now. These headphones take advantage of high bit-rate lossless files, while not picking apart the low quality files (mp3, wma).

I listen to 1536k wave audio files(48khz sampling, 16 bit decode; yes its overkill).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I wouldn't sacrifice on quality.

You get the option to choose any of the formats possible which include
Mp3 @320kbps and FLAC.

I wish more bands were registered on bandcamp.

*bandcamp.com/faq#aiffwavuploadrequirement
What's with the WAV/AIFF/FLAC upload requirement? Why don't you just accept mp3s?
It's all about maximizing flexibility for you and your fans. WAV, AIFF and FLAC are high-fidelity (lossless) formats. By starting with the highest possible quality source, we're able to convert your track into a bunch of different format and quality combinations, including MP3 (320, VBR), Ogg Vorbis, Apple Lossless, FLAC and AAC (aka .m4a or iTunes store format). Sure, most fans will just want the mp3 and won't know or care about anything else, but there's a rabid minority out there who'll love that you're giving them a choice. And if a new format/quality becomes à la mode (like when Amazon's mp3 store made iTunes' 128k AACs seem antiquated), we'll transcode to that too, without you having to do a thing.

Getting specific, your uploaded source material must be lossless, at least 16-bit/44.1kHz ("CD quality"). Higher quality sources are supported: 24-bit and 32-bit, with sample rates up to 192kHz (your FLAC-downloading fans will worship at your feet). We grudgingly accept mono material (you better have a good reason) but prefer stereo mixes, 2 channels max please (we don't know what to do with Sensurround).

Top Bottom