Post your latest Purchase

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Guess what's in the package?
*thumbnails25.imagebam.com/5851/eeb3c358503819.gif

Let open it and see:razz:

*thumbnails16.imagebam.com/5851/aa791c58503822.gif *thumbnails25.imagebam.com/5851/1e33c058503824.gif *thumbnails20.imagebam.com/5851/562cf658503827.gif

Product Link:Masscool DS-UES001 USB2.0 + eSATA to 2.5"/3.5" SATA HDD Docking Station with one touch backup function - Retail

tkin

Back to school!!
Moreover he is using 32 bit OS....:rofl:
That 4GBs total waste, even with 64bit OS 6GB is the maximum amount of RAM anyone needs, there aren't any software out there that can utilize more than 6GB of RAM(heck 4GB is even enough).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
That 4GBs total waste, even with 64bit OS 6GB is the maximum amount of RAM anyone needs, there aren't any software out there that can utilize more than 6GB of RAM(heck 4GB is even enough).

May b he bought the other 4GB module for backup.....
if one 4GB is gone than use other :grinsmack:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Intel i7 - 920 Extreme edition
Intel DX58SO motherboard
Cooler Master Cosmos S cabinet,
BenQ M2400HD 24" monitor with built-in Webcam
Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB
Creative XiFi Titanium Pro
1TB Seagate HDD, 4x2GB OCZ DDR3 RAM,
Logitech Cordless Desktop MX3200 (wireless mouse cum keyboard)
Logitech USB Keyboard and Mouse for Kids to play around.
I have Ubuntu 9.10 and also Windows XP 32-Bit Ultimate edition (OEM pack).
Bought from MultiTask Computer Services, Trichy, TamilNadu, Mob: +919842472167,
A very genuine dealer, supplier of all kinds of computer accessories. You can just order from anywhere, he will deliver it.

Problems:
If I connect the USB mouse and keyboard to the USB port on the BenQ monitor or to the USB port of Cabinet, while booting it gives a long beep and noise, after a long while it comes up, but sometimes it does not come up too. Not sure why this happens ? Anyone any clues ?
But at the same time, I dont see any issues with the wireless logitech keyboard and mouse (Mx3200).

Thanigai

Advice for RAM:
Since you have a i7 which utilizes tri-channel architecture, would be better that you install only 3 DIMMs on the sockets. It would be better.

Also your XP-32BIT will not realize all the RAM due to memory address shortage. Is it possible you can:

1. Upgrade it two 64 BIT XP
2. Exchange it for Win7 64 bit.

(2) would be the better choice.

Regarding the BenQ USB issue, you probably would have got a driver disc for the monitor. Install those. It should work then. Excellent purchase though. :)

RBX

In the zone
Date:
10-Dec-2009

Hardware:
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD
Price:
Rs. 2475 inc. VAT

Place/retailer details and address:
Radhika Computers
G-94, Ground Floor, Raisar Plaza, Indira Bazar, Jaipur-1

City of Purchase:
Jaipur

What other products you considered:
I trust Seagate, my last Hard disk that came bundled with my PC lasted 7 long years after 24x7 usage.

Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase:
My Motherboard is IDE based but my Hard Disk is SATA, so I had to purchase SATA to IDE adapter to get them connected, but my PC won't detect any hardware connected and I'm stuck.:???:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
ITEM PURCHASED:
DELL S2409W WIDE SCREEN MONITOR

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution
  • 16:9 dynamic aspect ratio
  • HDMI
  • Sleek new design
  • HDMI/DVI/VGA connectivity

PRICE:
13800 INR (including tax and shipping)

ORDERING AND SHIPPING:
Requested a quotation on the official website. Got a mail, within 12 hours with the following quotation. Mail also explained the payment methods of EFT/DD/or cheque.

*img38.imageshack.us/img38/8337/dellquote.jpg

I did an EFT of the said amount to the designated account and bank. Within 15 minutes received a call from DELL. Confirming my order has been placed. After three days the monitor (Saturday) was delivered to the address I mentioned.

WHAT IS IN THE BOX:
DVI cable
VGA cable
Power cord
Monitor stand
Quick reference manual
Detailed manual
24" monitor
Bill Invoice, and purchase agreement invoice.
Driver CD.

Review:
The monitor took me around 5 minutes to unpack, assemble, and have it up and running. The OS automatically adjusted the resolution to 1980 x 1080. Boy was I surprised to see the desktop. It looked so stretched and huge. Really nice. It looked really nice, with Windows 7 - Ultimate.

Pros:
Overall this is an excellent monitor for the price. I think it is great value for money. You get the DELL sound customer service. Greater than 4 dead pixels is on the spot replacement. I also read some forums, where they replace on the spot if contrast/brightness are not to satisfactory levels. The colors are rich and vibrant. Hardly any pixelation. Once on this resolution, will never work on anything below. The size really impressed me. I had to push back my chair a bit, to see the whole screen. IT IS LARGE. Brings a smile to the face.

The response time is really quick, close to what the site officially designates. Have not got a chance to play many games on the system, but I had benchmarked RE5 on the my 19" and did the same on the 24". With everything on high, and Xfire enabled I face a loss of ~8-9 FPS. So if you go for this size of screen, have a good GPU along side. Though the benchmark showed me at an average of 121 FPS, so no worries here. Yet to install Warhead and run the true acid test. Overall I am happy about this choice and purchase. Would highly recommend it.

Cons:
The DELL logo is embedded on the bottom bezel. Mine was slightly chipped when I received it. Images below.

The driver CD had no drivers in it. Just some language tutorials. So I updated the drivers from the device manager. But this is no major issues, Win7 embedded drivers are just as good.

The agreement invoice says that I have purchases the ST2410, where as the bill says that I purchased a S2409W. There is no service tag on the back of the monitor, nor on the bill. Have contacted DELL about this.

The control buttons (4 of them), are placed at a really awkward position. They are on the right side of the black frame. So you cannot see them. They have to be used by 'touch and feel'. I am still finding this difficult, in fact really difficult. My previous 19" had them right in front. It is difficult to make out the buttons, I have to crane my neck and back, to 'see' the buttons, else I am guessing. The primary on/off is in the front, and is feather touch. Even an accidental touch, switches the monitor off.

There is no height adjustment. Though angle alignment can be adjusted.
I sit long hours on my system. I do not feel less of eye strain anymore -- but this could be purely psychological too. :) Watched some movies (non-HD), and it was great fun. I can now sit approximate 7-8 feet away, and watch the movie comfortably.

There is an issue with brightness levels on the S2409W. It will not pick all the dark objects. This is pretty sad, and discovered this post purchase. It miserably fails the Lagom test. You can check it out here. Have any other S2409W users faced this same issue...? Do let me know, if this is a generic flaw.

Overall Feedback:
Great monitor. Nice path to get full HD. Excellent VFM for the cash.
I would rate this: 8.5/10.

Now to some images:

Scale difference between 19" vs 24":
*img708.imageshack.us/img708/1483/image020z.jpg
*Both the left sides are perfectly aligned.

The Desktop in all its glory:
*img215.imageshack.us/img215/934/dsc01063m.jpg

An angle shot, to see the size:
*img46.imageshack.us/img46/4810/dsc01072b.jpg

See the polygons being rendered on Unigine:
*img69.imageshack.us/img69/3485/dsc01082s.jpg

Gaming View:
*img690.imageshack.us/img690/7915/dsc01090v.jpg

And the chipped LOGO:
*img209.imageshack.us/img209/3710/dsc01083cb.jpg

Hope future 24" monitor purchasers can find this helpful.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Date:
10-Dec-2009

Hardware:
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD
Price:
Rs. 2475 inc. VAT

Place/retailer details and address:
Radhika Computers
G-94, Ground Floor, Raisar Plaza, Indira Bazar, Jaipur-1

City of Purchase:
Jaipur

What other products you considered:
I trust Seagate, my last Hard disk that came bundled with my PC lasted 7 long years after 24x7 usage.

Any problems after purchasing, and suggestion for those about to purchase:
My Motherboard is IDE based but my Hard Disk is SATA, so I had to purchase SATA to IDE adapter to get them connected, but my PC won't detect any hardware connected and I'm stuck.:???:
I would suggest to return it and get IDE hdd instead(if dealer takes it back). or make it an external hdd by buying HDD casing and connect it via USB. its far better approach than some lame converter.

SATA to IDE adapter is a naughty kid, difficult to handle. you will have problem.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Purchased :

Sony DSLR Alpha230 30k , Apple iPod Touch 8 GB 14k

[img=*img137.imageshack.us/img137/3525/dsc006258174601.th.jpg]

[img=*img51.imageshack.us/img51/9886/image00048207226.th.jpg]

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
ITEM PURCHASED:
DELL S2409W WIDE SCREEN MONITOR

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution
* 16:9 dynamic aspect ratio
* HDMI
* Sleek new design
* HDMI/DVI/VGA connectivity

PRICE:
13800 INR (including tax and shipping)

There is an issue with brightness levels on the S2409W. It will not pick all the dark objects. This is pretty sad, and discovered this post purchase. It miserably fails the Lagom test. You can check it out here. Have any other S2409W users faced this same issue...? Do let me know, if this is a generic flaw.

Overall Feedback:
Great monitor. Nice path to get full HD. Excellent VFM for the cash.
I would rate this: 8.5/10.

Hope future 24" monitor purchasers can find this helpful.

DELL S2409W has a TN panel; the price shows it and the relatively narrow (160 - 170 degrees) viewing angle and the fast response time will confirm it. Unsatisfactory black levels, poor colour saturation and colour fidelity are know issues for TN panels, but who can ignore the fast response times and the attractive price? :smile: Pretty good deal actually, particularly for gaming, if you are not too finicky about the colour accuracy.

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Purchased :

Sony DSLR Alpha230 30k , Apple iPod Touch 8 GB 14k

[img=*img137.imageshack.us/img137/3525/dsc006258174601.th.jpg]

[img=*img51.imageshack.us/img51/9886/image00048207226.th.jpg]

Congrats but why you didn't went for Canon 1000D?

I got a new HP DVD1260i DVD Writer for Rs.1250

Top Bottom