Post your latest Purchase

Krow

Crowman
Thanks, yes, Nokia rocks, but the camera sucks, so sad:cry::cry:
Well, in general cameras in phones are not great. Even N82, which has by far one of the greatest cams is not that good when you want to do a little more than casual photography. But yeah, I agree, Nokia Music Phones never had great cameras. My friends complain about the same. :( Nevertheless the sound quality and the build quality are both great. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin
I was also thinking of buying 5800 since the price drop, but mainly for GPS navigation. Please give your impressions regarding the GPS functionality. Also whether maps like MapMyIndia or Satguide can be loaded? Have you used it for in car navigation?
This phone has an inbuilt satnav chip for GPS tracking which is free but a bit slow, for faster loads you can use the hybrid mode that uses GPRS to speed up the process(really fast), its OK, of coarse not comparable to map my india but thats a 15k GPS device only, but this is working for me, maybe it will work for you too.

Here's some FAQ:

- Is GPS free or does it require internet?
GPS itself is free and does not "require" internet. You can also download maps for free either directly to your phone or through PC suite. However if you want quicker locks on your GPS signal you will want to use A-GPS (Assisted GPS). The assisted part is internet which gives hints as to your current location based on several factors. I would recommend internet if you want quick GPS locks.

- Is nokia maps only way to use it or are there better third party tools.
There are hundreds of GPS based tools out there for the S60 platform. Nokia Maps is just one of the many solutions you can use your GPS for. Another mapping example of course would be Google Maps. Don't know if there's a map my india S60v5 client.

- Can I get voice assisted directions ?
Voice guided navigation typically comes free for 3 months.After that you have to pay for a subscription fee. All of this of course is assuming you are using Nokia Maps. Also nokia 5800XM navigation edition due to launch this year will have unlimited voice guide for free along with car holder, car battery charger and some more goodies, expected cost is 17-18k at launch.

Full Nokia 5800GPS system review(8.0/10):

*s60blog.com/2008/08/nokia-gps-maps-a-complete-review/

Details for Nokia maps:

*europe.nokia.com/explore-services/maps

PS- I didn't luse the car nav cos its 3months trial, will use it later. If you need car nav so much get the navigation edition.

*conversations.nokia.com/2009/08/21/nokia-5800-navigation-edition-launches-with-lifetime-guidance/

BTW, this is Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition not the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music, do check the software specs carefully, hardware is same.

Last edited:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^
nice purchase mate!!!

absolutely love my 5800 :DDD just wish that it monitors separate folder for adding pics to the gallery or music to the library instead of adding everything thats on the card ;)

watching youtube videos over wifi FTW :D

_

tkin

Back to school!!
^^^
nice purchase mate!!!

absolutely love my 5800 :DDD just wish that it monitors separate folder for adding pics to the gallery or music to the library instead of adding everything thats on the card ;)

watching youtube videos over wifi FTW :D

_
Its simple, use the folder manager to browse.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I purchased Tata Indicome BB connection (5 months package : 5295/-) and it totally sucks. Its a 384 kbps in day and 1.5 mbps in night. Day time speeds are as promised but night time speeds never go above 700 kbps . 1.5 mbps my a** ... grrr .

Never get pathetic tata, until you are unlucy like me with no other choices in your area.

tkin

Back to school!!
Update:
1. On Nokia 5800XM camera quality, the image quality can actually be improved by using night portrait mode, I mean really really improved and it was added in V21 firmware, so theres actually scope for further camera image inprovement with future firmware updates that can add noise reduction algorithms.

2.On GPS, with A-GPS got a lock in less than 30 sec, otherwise takes 30mins minimum, so get A-GPS, with A-GPS gprs data transfer is low(a few kbs), so its cheap.

Anyway, bought a Nokia 5130XM for a relative. Nice phone, the 2mp camera sucks, as usual for XM series, but the speaker is very loud and surprisingly clear for such a pricepoint, the music player is f**king cool looking, also the phone sports a 3.5mm audio jack, again rare for the pricepoint, has some cool light effects, built in transition effect on the UI, QVGA screen with good clarity, 1GB free memory card with preloaded songs(bollywood), and has one thing I envy, dedicated play pause forward buttons. The keypad buttons are a bit hard but gives nice feedback.

*img14.imageshack.us/img14/7677/nokia5130.jpg

Price=5.3k all, free bag, songs, and a fake silver coin(the shopkeeper told us, LOL).

Last edited:

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
sorry was sleepy when i posted..

Corsair vx 450: 4k
Sapphire 4850/512: 7k
both from SMC, Delhi.

btw, whats the warranty of sapphire? 3 years is what the SMC guy told me.

sujitm

Broken In
Lot of upgrades in the past few months
-Audioengine 5 - 18000/-
-ASUS Xonar STX - 8424/-
-Powercom 1Kva - 4250/-
-Dell 2209WA - 16000/- shipped

All purchased locally

Last edited:

ironfreak

Journeyman
Hey guys,

Purchased today - Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 Keyboard.

*i1.lelong.com.my/UserImages/Items/0905/23/bruceleestore@123.jpg

Price is Rs. 1000/-

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Here's my rig :p a bit empty but doing well with it so far :D

*img30.imageshack.us/img30/6127/xenopc.jpg

AMD Athlon II X4 620 ( 2.6 Ghz )
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
Transcend 2GB DDR3 (1333)
WD Caviar Green 500GB
Coolermaster Real Power Pro 460W

Zebronics Bijli Cabinet ( a bit cramped.. )
Front USB and Audio cables are a bit short.

Later to add :D

- Replace the transcend with a Corsair XMS3 4GB Kit
- ATi GPU 4xxx series (dunno which :???: )
- LCD Display 22"
- Another WD 500GB HDD

Top Bottom