Post your latest Purchase

abhidev

Human Spambot
Hey even i tried connecting my lappy to my bro's lcd using hdmi cable...the lcd played the movie but the audio was from my lappy....how do i make the tv to output video + audio...and not use my lappy for speakers???

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Pics of my latest purchases

Corsair GS600 PSU...not opened yet

*i.imgur.com/gx1pO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/j7UiV.jpg

Pics of the GTX560 Ti HAWK
*i.imgur.com/pFnlx.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Qcvvo.jpg

*i.imgur.com/RznFm.jpg

*i.imgur.com/fFjSG.jpg

*i.imgur.com/pMD64.jpg

*i.imgur.com/plv1c.jpg

*i.imgur.com/SmrBz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/KR4vY.jpg

*i.imgur.com/9XX44.jpg

*i.imgur.com/X6gji.jpg

*i.imgur.com/iK2pd.jpg

*i.imgur.com/FoGD9.jpg

*i.imgur.com/AbFdg.jpg

*i.imgur.com/VtIaz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/qGQDj.jpg

*i.imgur.com/fGuHq.jpg

*i.imgur.com/KIc44.jpg

*i.imgur.com/4MaQf.jpg

*i.imgur.com/VhmwC.jpg

*i.imgur.com/KVUvU.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Ixptp.jpg

*i.imgur.com/EfBdD.jpg

Hope u like it

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ You can go for right angled hdmi cables. They are the best to use for wall mounted tv's.

Not really. Cause once it is wall mounted, at least for the Sony one, there is not enough space to slide a cable in the back, and push it into the HDMI slot. Be it right angled or not.

I had gotten 2x right angled ones. My back panel HDMI slots are below each other. So the top one would not fit in cause the lower ones head was in the way. I was loosing pure 1080pi cause of this on my Media player had to remove it.

ajayritik

Technomancer
S_V what kind of rips are you planning to watch on that TV of yours? I guess you need to have a very good rips to enjoy them on the TV

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ asingh

I thought your wall mount allows the tv to be tilted vertically like a swivelling action. Doing this gives ample space to insert the cable.

My tv does not have a swivelling wall mount but my brother's panasonic viera V series 50inch plasma has. I remember attaching hdmi cables on its back by tilting the tv upwards.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Vicky:
Then it would work true. :)

Mine it fixed. There is like 2.5" space between the back bezel and the darn wall. LED's are so damn thin.

S_V what kind of rips are you planning to watch on that TV of yours? I guess you need to have a very good rips to enjoy them on the TV

From a distance even a normal DVDrip looks kick ***.

S_V

In the zone
@S_V:
Even I had checked this out, but later on went for the EX520. Some how I found the blacks richer on the Sony. But no offense your model is really good. Plus it plays much more formats than the Sony one. I had to get an AC Ryan POHD mini.

None Taken .... :))

You are true ... Sony Got Rich Black compared to Samsung, But I find Colors are very good in Samsung. Like I told you before I loved the Shape and It's very tempting to me..

Don't mind... If it your's is Sony EX520 Bravia .. I think you have 2-3 inch Bottom Bezel right? That's what i didn't like in LG or Sony TV's. I don't know i didn't like that shapes and which makes me look Screen small. Sorry That's my opinion...

Never hooked my PC to it till now. Still trying to get a long HDMI cable. Too lazy. :)
Get a cable Now man...... :)

But guys, am sure S_V can concur with me. 40" is a LOT of real estate. Movie watching is pure pure bliss. Remember firing up TRON Legacy BDrip on this. Was shocked. I hardly go to cinema halls now.
Can't say anything more...... In Tron especially Few Scenes which comes Full Screen(IMAX scenes) are awesome.... You should try "Tangled" if you are into Animation Movies... Excellent Mixed Colors in that Movie...

Will you keep it on the table..or wall mount it. Wall mount is really good. I did that. If you wall mount, would suggest that you "fill" the HDMI and all peripheral connectors before hand. Even if you are not using it. Cause removing it off the wall is PITA.

I decided to put on the table few Months.. Becoz Since i don't have wall behind my table it takes some time for me to setup on wall-like Mount using windows. I'm goin to put thick Wood and cover the Windows then Mount on that Wood.

@Mukherjee
Excellent Card and Congrats... Game Hard Man...

d3p

PowerHouse
@S_V: Congrats on the purchase & I too ordered the same model as yours, will be receiving the package soon.

@Mukherjee: Congrats & Happy Gaming......

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@S_V:
Tangled was one of the first batch of HDs I watched. Though action-movie do the best. Black Hawk Down was pure pure bliss..!

ajayritik

Technomancer
S_V you haven't replied on the rips which you plan to watch on it?

@S_V:
Tangled was one of the first batch of HDs I watched. Though action-movie do the best. Black Hawk Down was pure pure bliss..!

Bro why don't you put a list of must watch hd movies on a thread. Would be great for reference.

S_V

In the zone
@ajayritik

I watch Full HD Bluray ISO's.. They are of 30-50 GB in Size.... Sometimes 1080p or 720p MKV files...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
None with Trisha K....? ;)

S_V you haven't replied on the rips which you plan to watch on it?

Bro why don't you put a list of must watch hd movies on a thread. Would be great for reference.

Some of the ones I have enjoyed till now:

1. Rambo III
2. Black Hawk Down
3. Tron Legacy
4. Good, Bad, Ugly
5. Sin City
6. Agneepath (yea it is out there)
7. Predator 1
8. Madagascar
9. Chronicles of Riddick
10. Jodha Akbar (for the locales)

:)

Oh yea...and

Lord of the Rings -- Return of the King. (Excellent war seens, plus I love the Nazgul).

And....

Red Cliff. (Opening scene of battle is awesome. Though is not an action movie, more about strategy).

Currently trying to get, 36th Chamber of Shaolin Temple.

S_V

In the zone
@Anil

My list is :

1. The Dark Knight FULL BLURAY ISO
2. 300 FULL BLURAY ISO
3. Tangled 1080p Mkv
4. Chalet Girl 720p (Awesome Euro Scenes)
5. The Comancheros (1961) 1080p (Excellent Western Color Scenes)
6. Lord of the Rings Extended (trilogy) Untouched Video BLURAY ISO
7. The Incredible Hulk 1080p
8. Master and Commander 2003 1080p
9. Gladiator 200 20GB 1080p
10. Rango 1080p....
11. IronMan 1080p
12. Day after Tomorrow FULL BLURAY ISO
13. 2010 FULL BLURAY ISO

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Then i'll send my wd my book 1tb to you. Please fill all of them.:grin:

I'll tell you my collection tonight.:smile:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Anil

My list is :

1. The Dark Knight FULL BLURAY ISO
2. 300 FULL BLURAY ISO
3. Tangled 1080p Mkv
4. Chalet Girl 720p (Awesome Euro Scenes)
5. The Comancheros (1961) 1080p (Excellent Western Color Scenes)
6. Lord of the Rings Extended (trilogy) Untouched Video BLURAY ISO
7. The Incredible Hulk 1080p
8. Master and Commander 2003 1080p
9. Gladiator 200 20GB 1080p
10. Rango 1080p....
11. IronMan 1080p
12. Day after Tomorrow FULL BLURAY ISO
13. 2010 FULL BLURAY ISO

Is the list exhaustive or indicative? ;)

Top Bottom