Post your latest Purchase

S_V

In the zone
@S_V:Congrats thats a beauty u have bought with a good price @62k....
Btw I hope u had done lots of research before bringing this one home...

I m thinking how is the feeling working so close to a 40" Giant as compared to my 23" Monitor :grin:

Thanks mate.... Frankly I didn't do any reviews before Buying this one.. The minute i saw it.. I owned it. I like HD displays with Less Borders or Edges. It Makes me feel that Movie is all over the screen. This Model is very new and adapted the Design features from 7 & 8 series it's just not 3D unlike them

@ S_V

Man your list just grows exponentially. Great piece of hardware,especially the display. You'll be using that 40inch beast as a monitor!!!!:shock:

Btw Congrats bro.:thumbs:
Thanks my Friend.. Thanks
I am not using this TV as Monitor all the Times only When Watching Movies especially HD Movies only..
Sometimes I am using for gaming also , at this Time My wireless Mouse and Keyboard are very Handy. I sit nearly 10 feet away and Playing the games...

@ S_V very nice purchase, the TV is nice, but the SSD is the best(I can't help it, I am a computer hardware freak), so saucy. Enjoy.
Thanks for your Comments...
Indeed SSD is the BEST purchase for Tech savvy's like Us.. I don't know when I am booting or shutdown process happening. It's that Fast. I might not do BENCHMARKS as you Guys know SSD life will be very short or sometimes It goes Bad by Doing handful of Benchmarks. I may run once and will post them later..

@S_V.. congrats man.. awesome pics.. damn I'm jealous :D

Btw, what's the model of your cabinet?.. And moreover, I see that you've an SLI setup, wouldn't a 3D monitor should've been a better deal? Although, the TV is damn awesome..
Thanks man....
My Cabby Model is from Corsair Obsidian Series 800D.

About your 3D monitor Advice. Yes you are right... Purchasing 3D monitor is my Priority but due to Three Reasons i had to Buy No 3D monitor for now.
1. Currently in Market, for my Budget 3D TV are not FULL HD TV which is not 1080p. It's a trick playing by Companies for not mentioning anything about FULL HD 3D. Due to not FULL HD 3D.. I can clearly see Pixel Noise or Breakage in some action scenes. Which i didn't not like and not expecting for that Hefty TAG price...
2. FULL 3D HD are way out of my Budget and I am not ready to spend such an Huge Amount for simply TV's. As days are going by.. I am finding Less time these days to enjoy my Rig or other Personal things. I took time now becoz many of them don't know about these tricks playing by companies...
3. 3D Glasses provided by Full HD or just HD TV's are still having some issues. Just for 20 mins i got Headache with Eyes Burning.. I am very healthy and have got no issues with eyes or Headache's anytime.This is not the case with watching 3D movies in IMAX Hyderabad, they are pleasure to watch.

@S_V
WoW !! great purchase... I want one like that for me :D
COngrats S_V and mukherjee.
Seems like I am on a long wait for my build to arrive :(
Thanks Guys....

@ithehappy
Did u tried by Heating that Tube? I mean Heat that tube by Rotating it. Don't put directly on fire just use distance and give a try.. If necesssary heat it up for 5-10 mins... But becareful while doing ,don't let plastic tube burn.
I used to do this trick whenever we had issues like you.. Usually TX-3 expired date is not yet according to it's launch date.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I sit nearly 10 feet away and Playing the games...
Thats what I was saying...small head in front of 40" looks awkward...:lol:

2. FULL 3D HD are way out of my Budget and I am not ready to spend such an Huge Amount for simply TV's. As days are going by.. I am finding Less time these days to enjoy my Rig or other Personal things. I took time now becoz many of them don't know about these tricks playing by companies...
series 6 is 3D with a MRP 83990 for 40" :mrgreen:

abhidev

Human Spambot
Yesterday bought 'Whirlpool 650-S' fully automatic top load washing machine(6.5 kg)....i don't know if its relevant to post such purchases here....:D

S_V

In the zone
@Zangetsu

yes,, That 6 series Model of 40 inch is FULL HD but it's 20k more compared to mine.... Already 62k for TV is pretty hefty amount for me..

@abhidev
Congrats man.....

tkin

Back to school!!
Yesterday bought 'Whirlpool 650-S' fully automatic top load washing machine(6.5 kg)....i don't know if its relevant to post such purchases here....:D
Sure, nice, what's the price? I'm thinking of getting one for myself.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

if its regarding electronic materials then its correct :-D
& do mention the price if possible :)

@S_V: from where u got the TV.I m sure u must have compared the picture quality side by side with other brands :cool:

abhidev

Human Spambot
@skud,tenida,tkin,S_V : i bought it for 12k flat with an exchange with my old machine(got me only 600Rs discount)....also got the non-heater version(not much of a use for me)....

S_V

In the zone
@S_V: from where u got the TV.I m sure u must have compared the picture quality side by side with other brands :cool:

I got it in Hyderabad (Bajaj Electronics, Panjagutta). Yes i compared same range TV's side by side which they are already setup like that...
I am convinced with this Model becoz of Frame or Borders design. It's very thin bezel Of course Sharpness is Quite good in Samsung compared to LG or Sony. I took my Laptop there and connected to all the TV's through HDMI and checked the HD movies collection i have.. Samsung Performed Best compared to LG and even better than Sony. That's my Opinion... None take this offence...

ajayritik

Technomancer
I got it in Hyderabad (Bajaj Electronics, Panjagutta). ..

Congrats on your purchase mate! Even we were planning to buy an LED TV preferably 3D. But due to the heavy price have postponed the purchase. Thanks for your input about the 3D Full HD thing.

You got it for 62k Right? Bajaj Electronics is a good place to buy electronic goods for sure.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@ithehappy
Did u tried by Heating that Tube? I mean Heat that tube by Rotating it. Don't put directly on fire just use distance and give a try.. If necesssary heat it up for 5-10 mins... But becareful while doing ,don't let plastic tube burn.
I used to do this trick whenever we had issues like you.. Usually TX-3 expired date is not yet according to it's launch date.
Nope, I haven't tried that. Thought about it but was scared. I applied it somehow and I think it's not that hard now as it should melt a bit in 70°C. Don't know that would do good or bad. Asked for replacement, till then I am gonna wait.
Regards.

S_V

In the zone
@ajayritik

Thanks mate... Bajaj Electronics is really good Complex for all Brands... But there Support is worst and guidance is even worse. They don't know some options while connecting PC to TV instead of politely regretting they reject you whatever you say......

Ex... This is the option they Don't know infact even technical People from (India) SAMSUNG or LG or Sony don't know that this option must be set, when we connect to PC to get maximum Text quality and Best Video aspect Ratio sync between TV and PC..

Once you connect to TV with HDMI connector..
1. TV and PC will detect and display will come.. But
2. Here Aspect Ratio won't sync due to that TaskBar and Top Icons gets cut Half ...
(Those stupid persons are manually adjusting the aspect ratio by Moving Vertical and Horizontal Bars to Match the TV screen.. They don't understand that While playing Movies. Image gets expanded or Shrinked worse....Imagine the people who have no knowledge will think it's the best quality they get from the TV set).
3. When selecting HDMI port in source list from Remote , there will be one more button in Remote called "Tools". We need to press this button right away while source connection list is being displayed... Otherwise this option won't pop-up. When this pop-up displays we need to go into "edit name" option then from there we need to scroll for "PC" out of many Devices.

Then the screen gets adjust perfectly without any taskbar or other issues.. Even the text gets very clear also...

When we did this after taking Remote control from Them (Giving Remote also took 10 mins for them)... They are speechless and couldn't look at our faces.. Before that they argued there won't be such options etc... etc..... Really arrogant fellows....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@S_V:
Even I had checked this out, but later on went for the EX520. Some how I found the blacks richer on the Sony. But no offense your model is really good. Plus it plays much more formats than the Sony one. I had to get an AC Ryan POHD mini.

Never hooked my PC to it till now. Still trying to get a long HDMI cable. Too lazy.
:)

But guys, am sure S_V can concur with me. 40" is a LOT of real estate. Movie watching is pure pure bliss. Remember firing up TRON Legacy BDrip on this. Was shocked. I hardly go to cinema halls now.

Will you keep it on the table..or wall mount it. Wall mount is really good. I did that. If you wall mount, would suggest that you "fill" the HDMI and all peripheral connectors before hand. Even if you are not using it. Cause removing it off the wall is PITA.

Top Bottom