Post your latest Purchase

nginx

In the zone
Nice purchase. But why is controlling individual fan speeds important?

Controlling fan speed means controlling noise. High RPM fans can make some real noise at full speed. Why make extra noise by running all the fans at 100% when 20% is good enough for what you're doing on the PC?

tkin

Back to school!!
Nice purchase. But why is controlling individual fan speeds important?
He is using scythe fans, the ultra kaze at max rpm would sound like a cat5 hurricane, its ok during gaming but when you are working or watching movies silence is important. If you use fan controller you can slow the fans down when doing tasks that do not consume much processor time and speed it up during gaming and video conversion etc. Plus it comes with 5 temperature sensing diodes and also looks uber cool.

d3p

PowerHouse
Venomous Installation walkthrough....

I have cleaned the whole cabinet after 2months & now its sparks like a black diamond..

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/CSC_0010.jpg

For me colin has done the job...
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0014.jpg

Now i got to clean the Motherboard & remove the existing TIM from the Processor.
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0022.jpg

Surface of Venomous X...with the cover seal.
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0032.jpg

Checked the Height & trying to figure out the Airflow..
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0033.jpg
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0034.jpg
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0035.jpg

So i have decided to go with one Corsair Fan now & check the Temps....Later i will install the CM R4's.

First is installing the back plates...
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0037.jpg*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0038.jpg

Then Mounting Bracket for LGA 1366.
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0039.jpg

Apply some CF2..
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0043.jpg

Install the Cooler Directly...
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0045.jpg
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0044.jpg
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0049.jpg
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0046.jpg

Install the set back inside the Cabinet.
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0060.jpg
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0058.jpg
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0057.jpg

Dirty Side of the Cabinet.....
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/DSC_0069.jpg

The stock Temps & Intel Burn Test Results.......

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/Stock-266GHZ.jpg

d3p

PowerHouse
Yes my bad..., i've taken out a bit...

The Chill Factor II was almost like Artic Silver, both does not spread, how much even force is applied but work awesome.

For Referral.

How to apply TIM...????

[youtube]EyXLu1Ms-q4[/Youtube]

80+ TIM Tested...

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@asingh: True but too much TIM is better than too little any day.

AS5 and CFII are so thick that it turns out better to put too much, since it is so hard to spread.Not to mention that they have a long burn-in period.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Nice pics @d3p5kor

Check the temps on overclocking too.

I guess you went for standard intel burn test ?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I always use LinX 2GB 20 passes while OCing; and 50 passes of 1GB when applying new TIM, with breaks of 1 hour between a total of 200 passes.

Sarath

iDota
@all who answered. I think its a good choice. My cabbie has 6fans by default. Any more and it would start flying. I think I need to shut down a few too. Works with any fan or you need to buy new fans for that?
NZXT Tempest Evo

d3p

PowerHouse
Nice pics @d3p5kor

Check the temps on overclocking too.

I guess you went for standard intel burn test ?

I will check with Super pi or Prime 95.....after overclocking....

@d3p5kor

Nice pictorial walkthrough.

Thanks dude, those words seriously motivates me....

@all who answered. I think its a good choice. My cabbie has 6fans by default. Any more and it would start flying. I think I need to shut down a few too. Works with any fan or you need to buy new fans for that?
NZXT Tempest Evo

NZXT Sentry II can control only voltage controlled fans, i.e 3pin or 4 pin Molex with Pin populated.

YOu can drive upto 5Fans individually & 8-10w each fans.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Debasish- Nice. The TIM is too much or not depends on the TIM, if it's a CM Normal one, which is soft, not sticky one, then you need less but for a sticky one you will need much more than a soft one. Don't know what you are using, looks like it's a CM NF, if it is then you had put too much ;-)

Congrats faun !!
Cabby looking gr8 :) :)

Congrats ajayritik :)
What is the transfer speed ?

@d3p5kor --> Nice pics :)
I bought 1055T last year in Aug...When should I re-apply paste ? (Ideal Temp: 32-35 degree--- on stock fan)

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*farm6.static.flickr.com/5267/5869762167_ec0a9ca15e_b.jpg

Now that I have to admit looks quite amazing. Really nice purchase. Congrats. Since this is one of those niche products very few people have, would you mind doing a little review?

Yeah, once I get some free time.

Some of the findings:
1. Increments/decrements in 10% interval from 40 to 100 for individual fans.
2. Below 40 goes directly to 0. Fan stops.
3. Can set it on auto mode but need to place the same number sensor around the same number fan connector for accurate monitoring.
4. Can set the max temp alarm for individual fans.
5. Can turn off the display by pressing shutdown icon for a couple of secs. Turn of sound cues too by tapping on the same shutdown icon.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^
Really really nice. By the way you put way way to muc TIM.
Hey, since you used NTH1 you can answer my question, I put s tiny wee drop on the center of the cpu(a rice grain) and put the cooler on, is that good enough?

Right now my idles are 36/37/37/36c and IBT load is 61/62/63/61c, ambient is 30c.

Yeah, once I get some free time.

Some of the findings:
1. Increments/decrements in 10% interval from 40 to 100 for individual fans.
2. Below 40 goes directly to 0. Fan stops.
3. Can set it on auto mode but need to place the same number sensor around the same number fan connector for accurate monitoring.
4. Can set the max temp alarm for individual fans.
5. Can turn off the display by pressing shutdown icon for a couple of secs. Turn of sound cues too by tapping on the same shutdown icon.
Nice, I might switch to deltas in future(or ultra kazes), based on your review the sentry 2 would be a good investment.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^,
Ya that much is fine.

@asingh: True but too much TIM is better than too little any day.

AS5 and CFII are so thick that it turns out better to put too much, since it is so hard to spread.Not to mention that they have a long burn-in period.

If it is thick or non-sublime then better to spread it out thin. If it is viscous and will self spread then less is better. Too much is not good also, cause it will not conduct thermally too well...!
:)

The logic of TIM is...to negate air-bubbles which occur between the CPU heat spreader surface and the cooler HSF head. Not to create a layer in between.

Top Bottom