Post your latest Purchase

d3p

PowerHouse
Thanks all. Now i have to find a bakra for my H50....

For 3.5k, you could have gotten a brand new Venomous X instead of a second hand. Anyway, congrats. Don't forget to post pics once you get it :)

Thanks, but what do you mean by second hand ???

For me "If its used for few days & about to get sold" - is called as second hand.

But if the cooler packet is open & no one has ever used it or connected in the mobo, then its not a second hand or used stuff.

BTW i don't who sells Venomous X for 3.5k with shipping. I don't mind if you provide me some links.

AFAIK theitwares has few stock, but they are selling @ 3.75k + Shipping ~ 4k

Lynx-india also got few on board & same price 4k+ tax +shipping = 4.5k.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Lynx india is down, i thought i will order a pair of Scythe Kage Ultra 120mm 3000RPM fans, but hopefully the Site is down, from last couple of days.

Probably i will check the availability of Delta 120mm 3000RPM fans locally otherwise will purchase the Thermalright Silent X 120mm Fans from ithwares.

i will decide soon after certain reviews or studies.

Do not use the 3000RPM fans as 'intake'. Unless you are in an integral A/C environ. where there is less dust. They suck in too much guck, and mess up their own fins, and coat the innards of the cabinet with dust.

They work best for exhaust. I made the mistake of putting it as side intake. Now I keep it toned down to 2000RPM via a controller. Quite a waste of a high RMP fan.

d3p

PowerHouse
Do not use the 3000RPM fans as 'intake'. Unless you are in an integral A/C environ. where there is less dust. They suck in too much guck, and mess up their own fins, and coat the innards of the cabinet with dust.

They work best for exhaust. I made the mistake of putting it as side intake. Now I keep it toned down to 2000RPM via a controller. Quite a waste of a high RMP fan.

No i don't have A/C in my room. Currently i have a Corsair 1800RPM fan which came with H50 & another 1600RPM CM without led fan. Planning to use them for few day & gonna check the difference.

nginx

In the zone
Thanks all. Now i have to find a bakra for my H50....

Thanks, but what do you mean by second hand ???

For me "If its used for few days & about to get sold" - is called as second hand.

But if the cooler packet is open & no one has ever used it or connected in the mobo, then its not a second hand or used stuff.

BTW i don't who sells Venomous X for 3.5k with shipping. I don't mind if you provide me some links.

AFAIK theitwares has few stock, but they are selling @ 3.75k + Shipping ~ 4k

Lynx-india also got few on board & same price 4k+ tax +shipping = 4.5k.

I thought since someone was selling it on TDF, it must be second hand or why else would he sell it? My bad if it isnt.

Anyway don't you think its preferable to buy a new one for extra 200-400 bucks? Because you never know what kind of defect a used product might have especially if you can't examine it personally before purchase.

d3p

PowerHouse
Agree with you, but what defect you can expect from a Mechanical Steel Plates of cooler.

If there's any manufacturing defect, then you can expect such from anywhere from local stores to online. All is based on your luck.

I have warranty card & other stuff, its not like i'm protecting the seller, but can't hide the fact even.

Lets wait to see, whats there for me in that box.

Last edited:

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
The earlier U12 came with one fan free. afaik.

No, its correct, elementary physics ;-)

My 2-yr old socket 775 / 1366 edition has two fans :smile:, but the package didn't include that cool-looking badge (I checked again). :sad:

Thanks

Pics coming up soon :)

Thanks bro!

Thanks!
OC not quite now...waiting for 2600K and P8Z68V PRO

A Pictorial walkthrough of the Noctua NH U12P SE2

The package

*i.imgur.com/SFo4m.jpg

The box itself

*i.imgur.com/3feqq.jpg

Fan no 1 sitting atop the heatsink

*i.imgur.com/oxvln.jpg

Fan no 2(both are identical tho)

*i.imgur.com/TpCrF.jpg

The heatsink in all its glory

*i.imgur.com/fdcKA.jpg

The base of the heatsink..not totally a mirror finish...but smoooth nonetheless

*i.imgur.com/QnrKt.jpg

The soldered heatpipes :D

*i.imgur.com/UXDmB.jpg

The owl keeps watch :cool:

*i.imgur.com/EhwaI.jpg

AMD kit

*i.imgur.com/nQ9np.jpg

The U12P Common parts

*i.imgur.com/NEzUM.jpg

The Intel kit

*i.imgur.com/0VLT7.jpg

The Noctua metal case badge :D :doublethumb:

*i.imgur.com/8UJH1.jpg

The NT-H1 on loan from tkin

*i.imgur.com/x5vZK.jpg

There you go again! That badge I mean!! :sad:

Even the NT-H1 tube looks so colourful, mine is drab B&W!!

I know, I know, I am being childish! What can I do? I am so jealous!

Of course, mine had adapters for sockets 775 and 1366 CPUs. No socket 1156 existed then.

Other than the above, mine looks identical. However, the heat-pipes must be welded, not soldered as mentioned by you.

Performance is great as expected.

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
My 2-yr old socket 775 / 1366 edition has two fans :smile:, but the package didn't include that cool-looking badge (I checked again). :sad:

There you go again! That badge I mean!! :sad:

Even the NT-H1 tube looks so colourful, mine is drab B&W!!

I know, I know, I am being childish! What can I do? I am so jealous!

Of course, mine had adapters for sockets 775 and 1366 CPUs. No socket 1156 existed then.

Other than the above, mine looks identical. However, the heat-pipes must be welded, not soldered as mentioned by you.

Performance is great as expected.

Write to Noctua about the badge sir! I'm sure they'll send u one :)

Well...welded may be...not sure about that :oops:

nginx

In the zone
What do you guys do with these badges anyway that it means so much? I got a couple of Corsair badges, an Intel badge and an Asus badge lying around after my latest purchases :confused:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
U shud be thanking Physics imho :p

Right!! Thank Physics!! heheeheh!! :D

Purchased a Thermalright Venomous X after blowing a hole on Corsair H50.

From Bazaar :
Venomous X for 3.5k

Pics will be updated, once i receive the courier.

Didnt get why u bought cooler despite having H50!!:?::?: Not happy with H50??

BTW congos on purchase!! :)

Lynx india is down, i thought i will order a pair of Scythe Kage Ultra 120mm 3000RPM fans, but hopefully the Site is down, from last couple of days.

Probably i will check the availability of Delta 120mm 3000RPM fans locally otherwise will purchase the Thermalright Silent X 120mm Fans from ithwares.

i will decide soon after certain reviews or studies.

Nice fan choices!! Case fans right??

Eh! Nice info...Didnt know....thanks for enlightening!! :doublethumb:

What do you guys do with these badges anyway that it means so much? I got a couple of Corsair badges, an Intel badge and an Asus badge lying around after my latest purchases :confused:

Stick them to the side of the chassis and brag about it of course!! ;) :p :D BTW I got an Intel and a Corsair one!! But havent stuck them to my Reaper yet coz I just like the seamless black too much!! :)

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

If u have no use for them...contact me...I collect badges :))

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even I am not sticking anything on my cabby. Love it clean. :D

From chicken to mutton... Smells good... :))

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Even I am not sticking anything on my cabby. Love it clean. :D

From chicken to mutton... Smells good... :))

Hahahahaha!! :rofl:

You shud see the EVGA logo on the 800D of Sunils'!! Looks uber cool to me!!
I guess, to each his own!! :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here it is:-

Purchased a Thermalright Venomous X after blowing a hole on Corsair H50.

From Bazaar :
Venomous X for 3.5k

Pics will be updated, once i receive the courier.

It's not defect, I guess. ;) So no question of RMA etc.

d3p

PowerHouse
Didnt get why u bought cooler despite having H50!!:?::?: Not happy with H50??

BTW congos on purchase!! :)

Nice fan choices!! Case fans right??

Thanks & i just got a cut on the tube while taking the cable ties out of the cabinet.

His H50 has developed a leak, that's why... ;)

thanks for highlighting it...

Oh!! I see!! Pity the bakra though who's gonna buy that!! :p

I'm planning to do some mods with & use a separate reservoir, tubing with existing radiator, pump & socket..Let see what comes out of it...

He can send the h50 for rma if it has developed some defects.

I think its my mistake, so no point in asking for warranty...

Here it is:-

It's not defect, I guess. ;) So no question of RMA etc.

Anyway enjoy the walk through....

I received the package yesterday night & finally i got these steel monster in my hands....

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/SAM_0424.jpg

This Cooler doesn't come preinstalled like Corsair H50, but the package was small when compared to H50. In other words, its a DIY package.....

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/SAM_0426.jpg

This cooler doesn't include any fans which is bit weird for me, otherwise worth of 3.5k.

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/SAM_0427.jpg

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/SAM_0429.jpg

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/SAM_0431.jpg

The while package includes the below item & user need to follow the manual instruction to complete the whole assembly..

1). Socket which is compatible with LGA1366, 1156, 775.

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/SAM_0440.jpg

Sadly no support for AMD, means user need to buy separate socket for AMD.

AFAIK, the latest revision includes LGA1155 for sandybridge support.

2). Mounting Bracket & backplate.

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/SAM_0435-1.jpg

3). 2 Set of fan clips for mounting 2 x 120mm fans as push pull configuration.

4). Mini spanner to adjust the Pressure by increasing - decreasing the height.

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/16062011094.jpg
*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/16062011093.jpg

5). 2 Sets of anti-vibration pads, to neglect vibration & noise.

6). 2gm of Chill Factor II TIM & a nice packaging box with shiny Venomous X written on it.

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/SAM_0439.jpg

Dimensions: 127mm [L] x 63mm [W] x 160mm [H]

Weight : 755 g excluding mounting bracket & accessories...

*i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k575/d3p5kor/16062011092.jpg

Hang on for more assembly photos straight from my cabinet......

*After looking at the outer cover, i can say it was a used cooler, but i can't say it was an used piece after looking at the above pics.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buddy, congrats again. This looks pretty awesome to me!!! One question, no fans included?

Nice pics, btw. And mention the weight.

Top Bottom