Post your latest Purchase

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
A router and NAS are devices that are meant to be run 24x7. If I used my old desktop as a NAS/router, my electricity bill will go through the roof :D. Besides, I sold off my 9 year old desktop recently for 5k.

Well I didnt know ur old pc was that power hungry! I could run my old rig 24x7 and it didnt make too much diff to the elec bill!!

nginx

In the zone
LOL. In accounting practice, computers have a depreciation rate of 33%. So after only 3 years the value of it becomes Re 1/-. So you have made a profit of 4999/- in sheer accountancy terms. And in computing terms that 5k is priceless. ;)

Hehe I know I made a killing. I didn't even bother listing it for sale on TDF as I knew the knowledgeable guys here would never pay more 5k for it. Btw, I think when you said 33%, its meant to be 33% of the current price and not original price or else by the 4th year, the percentage would rack upto 132% which means I would have to pay the customer 32% extra if he buys from me :D

Well I didnt know ur old pc was that power hungry! I could run my old rig 24x7 and it didnt make too much diff to the elec bill!!

Its not really that power hungry but even 60-80W an hour adds up to a fairly substantial amount at the end of the month when you run something 24x7. My dad's extremely conscious about electricity bill and because of that I use my laptop for surfing, downloading, movies and programming and just about everything else while the desktop is exclusively used for gaming and encoding.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hehe I know I made a killing. I didn't even bother listing it for sale on TDF as I knew the knowledgeable guys here would never pay more 5k for it. Btw, I think when you said 33%, its meant to be 33% of the current price and not original price or else by the 4th year, the percentage would rack upto 132% which means I would have to pay the customer 32% extra if he buys from me :D

What else depreciation means buddy? Of course, its on the current price. ;)

nginx

In the zone
What else depreciation means buddy? Of course, its on the current price. ;)

But you said, after 3rd year price will drop to Re.1. If your calculation is based on the current price, it can't possibly depreciate to Re.1 in 3 years can it? ;)

Congrats Mukherjee :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
But you said, after 3rd year price will drop to Re.1. If your calculation is based on the current price, it can't possibly depreciate to Re.1 in 3 years can it? ;)

Oops sorry, my bad. :(

check ur pm...

I guess we are getting OT... ;)

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
@mukherjee Congrats!! :D

Thanks

@mukherjee

pictures mate pictures.... show us the progress in pictures... :)

Pics coming up soon :)

Thanks bro!

Congrats :razz: Happy Overclocking:-o

Thanks!
OC not quite now...waiting for 2600K and P8Z68V PRO

A Pictorial walkthrough of the Noctua NH U12P SE2

The package

*i.imgur.com/SFo4m.jpg

The box itself

*i.imgur.com/3feqq.jpg

Fan no 1 sitting atop the heatsink

*i.imgur.com/oxvln.jpg

Fan no 2(both are identical tho)

*i.imgur.com/TpCrF.jpg

The heatsink in all its glory

*i.imgur.com/fdcKA.jpg

The base of the heatsink..not totally a mirror finish...but smoooth nonetheless

*i.imgur.com/QnrKt.jpg

The soldered heatpipes :D

*i.imgur.com/UXDmB.jpg

The owl keeps watch :cool:

*i.imgur.com/EhwaI.jpg

AMD kit

*i.imgur.com/nQ9np.jpg

The U12P Common parts

*i.imgur.com/NEzUM.jpg

The Intel kit

*i.imgur.com/0VLT7.jpg

The Noctua metal case badge :D :doublethumb:

*i.imgur.com/8UJH1.jpg

The NT-H1 on loan from tkin

*i.imgur.com/x5vZK.jpg

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@mukherjee:
If you can why do you not do a full fledged review of this. Since it is new. Many people would appreciate it. If you are interested let me know, can guide you. PM. I think we have a 50 image limit now (Ico..?) so it should be fine. You camera is good too.

If you decide for the review, it will take roughly 4-5 hours (pictures, uploading, documentation, benching) -- but fun. I did the NHD14 review, you can roughly model on that, but my review was flawed, since it was my first time.

A lot of members are targeting this HSF, a candid review would work.

TKIN, same goes for you. Let me know. Your unit is new also.

Also Sorcerer can be contacted for reviewing tips. He is damn good.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
That's close to my N620...

Yeah...but the Noctua performs better...dont u think? Those P12 s are just lovely...19dB @ 1300RPM :shock: :shock:

@mukherjee:
If you can why do you not do a full fledged review of this. Since it is new. Many people would appreciate it. If you are interested let me know, can guide you. PM. I think we have a 50 image limit now (Ico..?) so it should be fine. You camera is good too.

If you decide for the review, it will take roughly 4-5 hours (pictures, uploading, documentation, benching) -- but fun. I did the NHD14 review, you can roughly model on that, but my review was flawed, since it was my first time.

A lot of members are targeting this HSF, a candid review would work.

TKIN, same goes for you. Let me know. Your unit is new also.

Also Sorcerer can be contacted for reviewing tips. He is damn good.

This really made my day
:) :) Thanks...

Yea...do PM the details...if I can steal enuf time(which I just might ;) )...I'll try to do it...but can't give my word tho :(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah...but the Noctua performs better...dont u think? Those P12 s are just lovely...19dB @ 1300RPM :shock: :shock:

N620 is not far behind. Check this:-

Cooler Master Hyper N620 CPU Cooler Review-Hi Tech Legion-Cooler Master Hyper N620 CPU Cooler Review

;)

BTW, which camera you have?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
N620 is not far behind. Check this:-

Cooler Master Hyper N620 CPU Cooler Review-Hi Tech Legion-Cooler Master Hyper N620 CPU Cooler Review

;)

BTW, which camera you have?

That seems to be the U12P 1366 edition...(which :?: came with 1 fan??)

Btw..nice results there :doublethumb:

I have the vanilla Sony Cybershot DSC W320 cam :lol:

Top Bottom