Post your latest Purchase

tkin

Back to school!!
Don't know about 690II Advanced but the Plus one doesn't have a very big hole at the back, so I had to open the Motherboard to install my Hyper. HAF is a different story.
HAF is total overkill when it comes to rear opening:
*www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/HAF912Adv-web-feature-01-600.jpg

I can see all the 4 corner holes of the socket from the back.

So selling off the TX4 now? Can we share the NT-H1 then? :)
Not sure, I might sell it off if the NTH1 does good, and of course, don't worry, we can share the NTH1, I am planning to get arctic silver 5 from itdepot later, or maybe MX2 when Itwares import it again.

If I am not mistaken, Plus and Advanced have only one difference - the VGA retention bracket. Otherwise they are the same cabinet. And the CPU cutout seems large enough. In HAF, it is basically exaggerated. Don't know why you have to remove the mobo.
I just wanted to know if I have to remove it, I don't plan on removing it if I can fit the cooler fine.

Ideally Scythe Ultra type of fans should be used coupled to fan controllers. I have one as intake (side panel) and and the main out take at the rear. Apart from this one 1200 RPM intake. That are all the fans. Which handle a Q9550 @ 3.85 Ghz, and HD4890 XfireX.

I keep them at 2000RPM a tone them up before gaming/benching. Less fans better. PITA cleaning them out.
I am planning to get the Sentry 2 fan controller next month, if I do, I might buy some Scythe fans or Deltas to ramp up the cooling.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just wanted to know if I have to remove it, I don't plan on removing it if I can fit the cooler fine.

Buddy that was meant for ithehappy. ;) I would have been very very surprised if you really planned to remove the mobo for CPU cooler installation in a HAF. :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If I am not mistaken, Plus and Advanced have only one difference - the VGA retention bracket. Otherwise they are the same cabinet. And the CPU cutout seems large enough. In HAF, it is basically exaggerated. Don't know why you have to remove the mobo.

Well there is no way one can install the Backplate of Hyper 212+ without removing the MoBo. Only the upper two screws could be tightened through that gap on the 690 II + but for the bottom to screws of the backplate you have to open it as they stay under the space of that gap, so no way one can bend his hand or screw driver like Spider man :)

tkin

Back to school!!
Well there is no way one can install the Backplate of Hyper 212+ without removing the MoBo. Only the upper two screws could be tightened through that gap on the 690 II + but for the bottom to screws of the backplate you have to open it as they stay under the space of that gap, so no way one can bend his hand or screw driver like Spider man :)

Hmm, bad design by cooler master I'd say, haf is much generous in this regard.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

LOL. But that's news. I have never seen this reported at any of the reviews. Suddenly my K62 looks even better to me compared to 690 II.

tkin

Back to school!!
LOL. But that's news. I have never seen this reported at any of the reviews. Suddenly my K62 looks even better to me compared to 690 II.
The 690II is cheaper than your K62, your K62 competes with HAF 912 advanced and NZXT Lexa S, but the K62 is one hell of a cabby, when are we gonna see the rest of the pics?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
HAF 912 adv is OK as the competitor (basically the HDD cage and the red color make it no no for me, no regrets though), but not Lexa S. Price wise its Tempest EVO which is almost as tall as a full tower and has inherited some of the problems of Lexa S. Actually i was eyeing the 690II plus first and then move away - so the comparison comes.

Rest of pics are coming shortly. ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
HAF 912 adv is OK as the competitor (basically the HDD cage and the red color make it no no for me, no regrets though), but not Lexa S. Price wise its Tempest EVO which is almost as tall as a full tower and has inherited some of the problems of Lexa S. Actually i was eyeing the 690II plus first and then move away - so the comparison comes.

Rest of pics are coming shortly. ;)
I really wanted to buy the NZXT Phantom, but saw in forums plenty of people complaining about the fan controller going bust, also steep 9k price, but nothing beats Lian Li when is comes to build quality, its built like a tank. I just wish I researched a bit more before buying the cabby, had to remove the middle hdd cage.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, that middle hdd cage immediately cancelled haf 912 adv for me. I already have 4 HDDs with me. I was not very eager to get it also. Way above my base budget (5k). Regarding build quality of Lancool/Lian Li, you are absolutely spot on. ;)

nginx

In the zone
Finally got the keyboard from flipkart and as promised, here are the pics of all the parts I bought:

1) Benq G2222HDL 22" LED Monitor @ 8.1k:

*www.shotpix.com/images/74959737951328941250.jpg

2) Asus p8z68-v @12k:

*www.shotpix.com/images/37325901975781903598.jpg

3) CM HAF 912 Advanced Chassis @5.8k:

*www.shotpix.com/images/71189865154125181965.jpg

4) Corsair TX850v2 PSU @6.9k:

*www.shotpix.com/images/64621982538618339547.jpg

5) Microsoft Sidewinder X4 @2.2k:

*www.shotpix.com/images/69764712341036601248.jpg

*www.shotpix.com/images/48275523946402712837.jpg

6) Logitech M100 @0.35k:

*www.shotpix.com/images/25403491324281229069.jpg

7) 4x1TB External HDD @15k:

*www.shotpix.com/images/81487845591953467395.jpg

8) Altec Lansing vs2621 @1.6k:

*www.shotpix.com/images/40567392569859061718.jpg

9) APC 1100VA UPS @4.4k:

*www.shotpix.com/images/51438916519976659848.jpg

10) Intel Core i5 2500k @10.2k
11) Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) @5k
12) 2TB Seagate Internal HDD @4.2k
13) Samsung DVD Writer @0.9k

One more purchase to go for now. Will post the pics of my Graphics Card tomorrow :)

Unfortunately the purchase of CPU cooler will have to be delayed since both N620 and U12P are out of stock now :(

nginx

In the zone
btw, why such a cheap mouse???

@nginx

All is fine...but the mouse left something to desire :chinscratch:

I knew you guys were gonna say that. I bought a standard 1000dpi mouse because I feel no difference between playing games with my old 800dpi mouse and my bro's 2000 dpi Razer mouse. Infact I prefer the lower sensitivity as the pointer is more stable. I guess it comes down to what you're used to and the types of games you play. That's why I didn't see any reason to buy an expensive mouse.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Thanks, very very helpful, and 3.3GHz is not a mild oc on the 920, so I should be safe with my 2600k with this, and NTH1 tim is very good it seems, installation was easy I presume, hopefully with the large opening at the back of my mobo tray would not have to remove the mobo, that would make installing a snap.

You are welcome my friend.

However, I don't know about your mobo, but there was significant difficulty during installation of U12P on my mobo because the space is very cramped between the CPU socket and the chipset heat sink. I am grateful to thunder02.dragon who was very patient and took all the trouble in somehow wiggling the CPU cooler through that cramped space. In addition there was the problem with the 200 mm fan grill on the side panel of my cabby that I solved later as I have mentioned a few posts earlier. I just wish you don't have to go through any of these problems yourself.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
You are welcome my friend.

However, I don't know about your mobo, but there was significant difficulty during installation of U12P on my mobo because the space is very cramped between the CPU socket and the chipset heat sink. I am grateful to thunder02.dragon who was very patient and took all the trouble in somehow wiggling the CPU cooler through that cramped space. In addition there was the problem with the 200 mm fan grill on the side panel of my cabby that I solved later as I have mentioned a few posts earlier. I just wish you don't have to go through any of these problems yourself.
Thanks, and I won't have this issue hopefully, all the heatsinks on my mobo are just 1" tall and very small in size, also they are placed far away from the socket.

Top Bottom