Post your latest Purchase

vishalg

AMD Fanboy
Nice...:doublethumb:

but where do u intend to put the Xtraflow fan?

Since the U12P SE2 comes with two non PWM fans....

P.S. Bought a Noctua NH U12P SE2 myself without the NT-HT1 thermal compound(already bought Tuniq TX-4,so no probs there) for 3.75k all from Itwares.

great buy mukherjee!!!

post pics asap

tkin

Back to school!!
How many 4pin and 3pin fan ports are there? Can u please look up and say?

I already have 2LED 90CFM fans,2 45CFM fans....another 80mm Glacialtech fan...after the Noctua arrives....I might go for one of these beauties(do they have Blue fans?) if it fits in and reire the 80mm.... :drool:
Rear fan is there, free, just buy a side fan and you are good to go.

Let me check: 4 pins, 2 power fans, both 3 pin, 2 chassis fan, one of them is PWM and the other is 3pin, this pwm header is closest to the back of the cabby, so I am thinking of using it to avoid the wire clutter.

:rofl:

What does it take the processor for a free space ride ??? Just kidding.......

Anyway they are good one, if noise can be ignored.
Hmm, my system will be dead silent, played crysis 2 yesterday, 580 lightning max load temp is 68c with open case, 65c with closed case, its very quiet, the front and top fans are quiet as well, I'll rather keep it quiet as possible.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Umm, bought the Noctua U12P SE2(stock cooler is cr@p for 2600k) and a CM Xtraflow blademaster from ebay, pics and reviews up as soon as I get them.

Congrats! Same as mine I guess, unless they have changed the design meanwhile. I had problems closing the left side-panel of my cabby after fitting my U12P since the grill of the 200 mm fan on that side-panel was hitting the cooler. I was successful in the job only after I slightly modded the fan grill by simply sawing off just about a 3 inch section of the grill.
Honestly speaking, I was hell-bent on buying TRUE 120 Black Edition, although it costs a big bundle, but at that point of time I couldn't get hold of a 1366 adapter for it. U12P came with the adapter, so I ultimately settled for it. However, I didn't have much to regret since then (except losing the bragging rights perhaps!). I am not a big time gamer or an OCing freak, and the cooler is serving me just fine.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Congrats! Same as mine I guess, unless they have changed the design meanwhile. I had problems closing the left side-panel of my cabby after fitting my U12P since the grill of the 200 mm fan on that side-panel was hitting the cooler. I was successful in the job only after I slightly modded the fan grill by simply sawing off just about a 3 inch section of the grill.
Honestly speaking, I was hell-bent on buying TRUE 120 Black Edition, although it costs a big bundle, but at that point of time I couldn't get hold of a 1366 adapter for it. U12P came with the adapter, so I ultimately settled for it. However, I didn't have much to regret since then (except losing the bragging rights perhaps!). I am not a big time gamer or an OCing freak, and the cooler is serving me just fine.
Yeah, true becomes very costly after adding the fan costs, anyway what's your idle and load temps? Mention processor frequency(oc or stock?) and also, did you use the free thermal paste(NT-H1)? How much does it contain? Enough for 3-4 applications? If so, I'll sell of my TX4 as I wouldn't be needing it.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks Anil for posting the Scythe Kaze. The fan is good. 133.6 CFM Airflow, 3000 rpm and that's at 45.9 db is very very good. My Delta's have 44 db each with 120 CFM, 2900 rpm, so the Scythe one is better.

sjoardar

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
Yeah, true becomes very costly after adding the fan costs, anyway what's your idle and load temps? Mention processor frequency(oc or stock?) and also, did you use the free thermal paste(NT-H1)? How much does it contain? Enough for 3-4 applications? If so, I'll sell of my TX4 as I wouldn't be needing it.

Some sample temps:

Ambient : 32 - 33 deg.

Idle (initial) : 42 - 45 deg.

Idle (only internet, 2hr) : 51 - 53 deg.

On load (vob encoding) : 62 - 66 deg.

OC : Only nominal, 3351.65 MHz (159.60 MHz x 21.0)

Monitoring software : RealTemp 3.60

Yes, I am using the thermal Paste NH-1 included free with the
package, and actually seemed good enough for more than 3 or 4 applications (1 drop at the centre).

tkin

Back to school!!
Some sample temps:

Ambient : 32 - 33 deg.

Idle (initial) : 42 - 45 deg.

Idle (only internet, 2hr) : 51 - 53 deg.

On load (vob encoding) : 62 - 66 deg.

OC : Only nominal, 3351.65 MHz (159.60 MHz x 21.0)

Monitoring software : RealTemp 3.60

Yes, I am using the thermal Paste NH-1 included free with the
package, and actually seemed good enough for more than 3 or 4 applications (1 drop at the centre).
Thanks, very very helpful, and 3.3GHz is not a mild oc on the 920, so I should be safe with my 2600k with this, and NTH1 tim is very good it seems, installation was easy I presume, hopefully with the large opening at the back of my mobo tray would not have to remove the mobo, that would make installing a snap.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^ Read in various reviews they recommended to remove the motherboard before installing new after-market cooler.Don't know why?:(

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Read in various reviews they recommended to remove the motherboard before installing new after-market cooler.Don't know why?:(
To access the back of the mobo to install the backplate, my haf(and you 690) has this huge hole in the back to install the backplate, after it is installed the rest is done from the front side of the mobo so no need to remove it.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
To access the back of the mobo to install the backplate, my haf(and you 690) has this huge hole in the back to install the backplate, after it is installed the rest is done from the front side of the mobo so no need to remove it.
Don't know about 690II Advanced but the Plus one doesn't have a very big hole at the back, so I had to open the Motherboard to install my Hyper. HAF is a different story.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I am not mistaken, Plus and Advanced have only one difference - the VGA retention bracket. Otherwise they are the same cabinet. And the CPU cutout seems large enough. In HAF, it is basically exaggerated. Don't know why you have to remove the mobo.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Thanks, very very helpful, and 3.3GHz is not a mild oc on the 920, so I should be safe with my 2600k with this, and NTH1 tim is very good it seems, installation was easy I presume, hopefully with the large opening at the back of my mobo tray would not have to remove the mobo, that would make installing a snap.

So selling off the TX4 now? Can we share the NT-H1 then? :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Ideally Scythe Ultra type of fans should be used coupled to fan controllers. I have one as intake (side panel) and and the main out take at the rear. Apart from this one 1200 RPM intake. That are all the fans. Which handle a Q9550 @ 3.85 Ghz, and HD4890 XfireX.

I keep them at 2000RPM a tone them up before gaming/benching. Less fans better. PITA cleaning them out.

Top Bottom