Post your latest Purchase

tkin

Back to school!!
If an 850W PSU dies right after the warranty expires, there goes all my future upgrade plans lol. I am in a huge dilemma now deciding what to buy but yeah I get your point guys. Better be safe than sorry as they say.

I took up a pen and paper today and added up the price of all the components that I need to buy and its exceeding 105k inclusive of 5% VAT. So I need to put more thought into this build. 105k is my max limit as that's all I have right now. Getting 850TX means cutting cost in some other department like RAM (Value RAM vs Vengeance) perhaps? :-o
VAT is 4% in kolkata.

nginx

In the zone
@nginx: Very much second this...

If you have a budget of above 100K, u should not skimp on the PSU...

I think u should get minimum HX1000 or HX1050...for 580 SLI....it will cost 5K more than what (it seems) u have currently allocated to the PSU but in the long run, this will be worth it... Have a look here or here

Then again, I think u said u might even go 590 SLI sometime in future, in which case I think ur best candidate would be the AX1200 @18K approx.

AX1200 for 18k...oh my lord. I can't believe you are even suggesting that lol. I might as well buy an AX2000 for 40k and buy a 8800GT with whatever little cash I will have left and play Mario with it :D :D

No seriously, the choice is between 750W and 850W PSU. I will decide tomorrow on that at Chadni. I have no plans to ever SLI a dual GPU card like GTX 590. I don't need 500 fps cuz I am a guy who is used to playing games at 15-25 fps at Medium to low settings for the last 10 years. So this GTX 560 is a massive upgrade for me as it is.

And yeah we are really going off topic here. Let us take our discussion here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/141489-building-gaming-pc-105k-2.html

tkin

Back to school!!
AX1200 for 18k...oh my lord. I can't believe you are even suggesting that lol. I might as well buy an AX2000 for 40k and buy a 8800GT with whatever little cash I will have left and play Mario with it :D :D

No seriously, the choice is between 750W and 850W PSU. I will decide tomorrow on that at Chadni. I have no plans to ever SLI a dual GPU card like GTX 590. I don't need 500 fps cuz I am a guy who is used to playing games at 15-25 fps at Medium to low settings for the last 10 years. So this GTX 560 is a massive upgrade for me as it is.

And yeah we are really going off topic here. Let us take our discussion here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/141489-building-gaming-pc-105k-2.html
I think you should order the 560 HAWK from md.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buddy, OP has already stated he doesn't want to SLI. And in any case we are still going off-topic.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
then get GTX 590 single/HD 6990 single :).

Anyways look at this:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/139513-rig-2-0-a.html#post1409920 [*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking-modding-show-off/139513-rig-2-0-a.html]

nginx

In the zone
@tkin, I don't mind ordering from MD but one thing I know is that whenever a certain product is not available anywhere else and you 'order' it, MD will overcharge you like hell.

@Skud, I do want to SLI but not now. Let the price of the 560 come down and then I will buy the second card.

@Extreme Gamer, give me your credit card pal and then I will tri-SLI GTX 590s :lol: :lol:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@tkin, I don't mind ordering from MD but one thing I know is that whenever a certain product is not available anywhere else and you 'order' it, MD will overcharge you like hell.

@Skud, I do want to SLI but not now. Let the price of the 560 come down and then I will buy the second card.

@Extreme Gamer, give me your credit card pal and then I will tri-SLI GTX 590s :lol: :lol:

That's what I have written buddy. There's no point going dual-GPU at one go. For me, its only helpful to extend the life of your older system or in a multi-monitor setup.

Top Bottom