Post your latest Purchase

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Please take time to post ur query in right thread !

Ok..point taken...but a lot of people do post for suggestions here..and then post back when they have finally bought the stuff...

I already posted this in hardware price check also...

Whats the right thread for this??

edit:

Oops!! My bad!! This should be under PC Configurations, I guess....
There used to be a "Latest purchase" thread there....I just searched for latest purchase and posted under the first link I found...

Turns out to be "Oveclocking /Modding show off".. :p

Sorry, didnt notice!!

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Mario said:
Oops!! My bad!! This should be under
PC Configurations, I guess....
There used to be a "Latest purchase"
thread there....I just searched for latest
purchase and posted under the first
link I found...
Go to Laptop section. Not Pc section.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Got my AC. Price Rs.24250 including all. Look at that damn weight.

Pics,

*img200.imageshack.us/img200/4161/photo0002py.jpg *img593.imageshack.us/img593/5749/photo0003u.jpg *img156.imageshack.us/img156/9496/photo0004mn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ ithehappy

Congrats buddy. Its a window ac right? Why didn't you go for split type ac? Its 5 star rated so expect lesser electricity bills in the long run.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@damngoodman- Ha ha it's not yet installed, will be by tomorrow morning, can tell you the temp by then. Thanks.
GTX 560 is a cool card anyway, even at my ambient 33°C it's running at 45-46°C.

tkin

Back to school!!
@damngoodman- Ha ha it's not yet installed, will be by tomorrow morning, can tell you the temp by then. Thanks.
GTX 560 is a cool card anyway, even at my ambient 33°C it's running at 45-46°C.
Is that the idle temp?
I'm assuming its the idle as with 34c ambient its not possible to have 45-46c load temp on the card.
Why does it have such high idle? Which card(manufacturer) do you have? My HD5850 idles at 44c(ambient 34+), the GTX560 should have even lower idle temp as it downclocks to very low speeds in idle. I'm absolutely baffled by this.

Here's a sample from Anandtech reviews:
*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4135/35198.png
See what I mean? Your card is supposed to be 8c cooler than mine.

Here's another one:
*static.techspot.com/articles-info/359/bench/Temps.png

PS: I'm planning to buy the 560 in june(along with 2600k, z68 and 8GB ram), idle temp is a big issue for me.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Jeez..yes that temp is in IDLE of course, if it were under load then I'd have ordered a room heater instead of AC :lol:, yes when ambient is 33°C the card runs at 42-43°C, and under full load it's around 78-80°C.
It's made of ASUS, the non Top model.

tkin

Back to school!!
Jeez..yes that temp is in IDLE of course, if it were under load then I'd have ordered a room heater instead of AC :lol:, yes when ambient is 33°C the card runs at 42-43°C, and under full load it's around 78-80°C.
It's made of ASUS, the non Top model.
That's a bit too high, look at my charts, your card should stay below 40c for all I know, but don't lose your sleep over it, anyway what's your idle and load voltage levels(see in GPUZ or HW monitor)? Some chips need a bit extra voltage to run, my Palit GTX460 had massive idle and load voltage levels, so it ran at much higher temps(95c on furmark, mind boggling).

Top Bottom