Post your latest Purchase

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Amartya- Congrats, that HP really looks sexy :), does that have that >2GB problem, I mean can you transfer a single more than 2GB file in to it?

@Cilus- Hmm, good one, congrats.

@Ajayasish- Congrats, lovely purchase. Mention Price too.

@Ajayritik- Great, though the Price seems a bit high. Congrats anyway.

tkin

Back to school!!
Purchased new HP V190W (4GB) pen drive from local store@ Rs 350.
Features-
*Water and shock resistant.
*Sleek, Compact & Stylish body
* Design Features a swivel design that protects the drive and eliminates
* losing the cap.
* Simple Plug and play
* Convenient pocket-sized for easy transportability
* Weight: 5g

Comparison between CORSAIR FLASH VOYAGER and HP V190W

SPEED TEST-

CORSAIR FLASH VOYAGER

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Corsair.png
WRITE SPEED

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/corsair2.png
READ SPEED

HP V190W

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/Hp1.png
WRITE SPEED

*i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab38/amartya87/hp2.png
READ SPEED
The write speed test are screwed up, most probably due to the drives being in NTFS and windows is caching the writes initially, USB 2.0 cannot achieve those write speeds in practice, the max you should get are from external HDDs and they cap out at 22-28MBps(theoretical max is 60MBps), pen drives like those get around 8-10MBps max(barring special drives like flash voyager GT)

USB 2.0 data rates:

The theoretical maximum data rate in USB 2.0 is 480 Mbit/s (60 MB/s) per controller and is shared amongst all attached devices. Some chipset manufacturers overcome this bottleneck by providing multiple USB 2.0 controllers within the southbridge.

Transfer speeds in practice:

As of 2004, the actual throughput of USB 2.0 high bandwidth attained with a hard drive tested on a Mac was about 18 MiB/s, 30% of the maximum theoretical bulk data transfer rate of 60 MB/s (57.2 MiB/s or 480 Mbit/s). On Windows, the highest speed observed was 33 MiB/s, or 55% of the theoretical max. The drive could reach 58 MiB/s on Firewire, so the drive's speed was not a limiting factor.

According to a USB-IF chairman, "at least 10 to 15 percent of the stated peak 60 MB/s (480 Mbit/s) of Hi-Speed USB goes to overhead — the communication protocol between the card and the peripheral. Overhead is a component of all connectivity standards."

Typical high bandwidth USB devices operate at lower data rates, often about 3 MiB/s overall, sometimes up to 10–20 MiB/s.

Best way to measure is transfer a large file like 700MB+, measure the time using a stopwatch and then calculate speeds.

@Amartya, @Ajayasish, @Cilus, @Ajayritik, nice purchase everyone.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@Amartya- Congrats, that HP really looks sexy :), does that have that >2GB problem, I mean can you transfer a single more than 2GB file in to it?

For transferring big file you have to format your pendrive to NTFS partition normally its FAT32.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 SATA 3Gbs
Corsair VX550W Rock Solid Performance
Sony DRU-880S-ZR Internal DVD Writer
Coolermaster RC-430-KWN1 Chassis
Intel Desktop Board DH67BL
4GBx 2 (Gskill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL)

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Bought a Sapphire HD6850 for 10.8K from the local computerwallah :D
Pics tomorrow morning when i get the card at hand and fit into my system
p.s.
i know the price is high but thats the best i could do considering i don't live in metros :(

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Anil Jadhav said:
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.12 SATA 3Gbs
Corsair VX550W Rock Solid Performance
Sony DRU-880S-ZR Internal DVD Writer
Coolermaster RC-430-KWN1 Chassis
Intel Desktop Board DH67BL
4GBx 2 (Gskill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL)
YOu have finally bought according to our reccomendations..Congrats!!

Best of luck!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Bought a Sapphire HD6850 for 10.8K from the local computerwallah :D
Pics tomorrow morning when i get the card at hand and fit into my system
p.s.
i know the price is high but thats the best i could do considering i don't live in metros :(

10.8K , i just bought my gtx 560ti for 13700/- includes shipping & vat

i too dont live in metros :razz:

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
i was well aware of the fact that HD6850 can be had via Internet Sellers at 9.5k
SMC was selling the same for 10.3k(shipped) so was ITWares@10.1k
but seeing my father's concerns regarding online shopping i decided to pay 700 bucks extra and buy the same from the local dealer itself

Top Bottom