Post your latest Purchase

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Congrats for the the nice rig pics :p

^^ look above for efficiency explanation :p

If your 400W PSU has 75% efficiency then it will draw 500W at full load from the mains.

Now say your rig consumes 200W at load so the PSU will draw 250W from the mains anyway.

Every UPS has a standard power factor of 0.6 and APC 550V ups will give you 330W - so at 300W load ( including your monitor ) you UPS will give you roughly 4 mins backup time.

Now if your system is running at idle condition and consuming 150W the backup time will be more than 10 mins :p

Here's link for APC 550V UPS

so i can expect 5min backup on casual use, minimum? also whenever theres a powercut, i better turn PC off rather than counting minutes.

Bro how can we calculate backup time ?

APC have a graph where you are shown the backup time at definite load. will try search & give it to you.

I think its time we stop suggesting FSP Saga II 400W. How about FSP Saga II 500W, does it also have the same problem ?

Cabinet looks very good. I expected it to be a little bigger. Its only marginally bigger than Elite 310

i'll say, never suggest bottom PSU mounting + FSP same time. its a deadly combo. if someone wants gamma/Elite 430, than better go for XC400W or some other alternates.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yep. Did I disagree ? I just pointed at the difference in rating between those brands.Some rate excluding efficiency and some rate including the efficiency.

Well it seemed to me your were confused. You mentioned that VX450 is actually a 550W unit, but after the efficiency it gets the rating of 450W. Also that pro series, you sure it can only push out 440W being rated at 550W. Even if this is true, and you measure it, it is not efficiency it is a marketing defect / gimmick.

Piyush

Lanaya
i got my elite 430 yesterday......:grin::grin:
its truly awesome..
moreover its got 10 cable ties for cable management....(thing which people were complaining....
pics will have to wait because my broad band is getting disconnected again & again

and i facing the same problem of cpu power connector as sammy....:-|

congrats dude
again ...one more guy with a cool cabbby.....:-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well it seemed to me your were confused. You mentioned that VX450 is actually a 550W unit, but after the efficiency it gets the rating of 450W. Also that pro series, you sure it can only push out 440W being rated at 550W. Even if this is true, and you measure it, it is not efficiency it is a marketing defect / gimmick.

:agreed: my FSP PSU is marketed as 80% efficiant. but it'll be better consider the efficiancy at 75%.

Arnab boss

In the zone
hi guys..bought on last wednesday from m.d computers..corsair tx 650 @6.5k +,corsair 2gb ddr3 1333mhz ram @2.4k +,hdmi cable @ 350 bucks and hp optical drive @1050 +,with mts mblaze braodband dongle @ 1.8k..

friday i completed my final assembling and today i got my braodband connection..so a bit late in posting..!

now guys only thing left is my gpu which is out of stock in kolkata..msi r5770 hawk..?

and now should update my sigi..!!!!!!!

ajai5777

Youngling
so i can expect 5min backup on casual use, minimum? also whenever theres a powercut, i better turn PC off rather than counting minutes.

No need to research on this.Your rig can get a 12-15 min back up in idle.In short, if you are not gaming you can get atleast 12+ min.If you are gaming, you wont get more than 5min.

I have APC 500VA and our configs are similar.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
^^^
so fsp series should be out of recommendation right?
keeping in mind the cable problems?

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

p.s.
just wanted to ask
is there any harm in running a computer without ups?
is there any damage due to sudden switch off?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
no sourav
fsp series are good but they should not be suggested with a cabby with bottom psu mounting...(i myself cant understand what to do now???)

regarding ups, better to be safe by buying it..

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^^

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

p.s.
just wanted to ask

If you live in an area where power cuts are very rare (like where I live!), then running your PC without an UPS can be perfectly safe. I myself don't have an UPS since the last 3 months.

Sudden switch off 'might' cause harm to moving parts like fans (very rare) or hard disk platters (relatively common) and can also cause loss of unsaved (or sometimes saved) data so sudden/direct switch offs are not recommended.

static_x

In the zone
Received on Saturday Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Bass Earbuds.
Bought it from ebay.com @ Rs.1849

*image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00bBeEkoPICWql/Sennheiser-CX300-II-In-Ear-Earphone-in-Box.jpg

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Bought a Corsair VX550 for 5.1k from M.D. Computers,Kolkata.
a bit higher on price, here its 4.7k. Anyway good purchase.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

and now should update my sigi..!!!!!!!
still not updated

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

p.s.
just wanted to ask
Srsly, get one UPS, your hardware will die of gruesome death. My HDDs went kaput many times just becoz of the frikkin Intex UPS.

Piyush

Lanaya
^^^

p.s.
just wanted to ask

an ups is a must
dont neglect this small hardware

ajai5777

Youngling
I have 750 UL plan 512kbps UL with out FUP.So 24x7 downloading.But sometimes power goes and UPS gets out of back up and my PC gets powered off with out shut down.It happens2-3 times in a month.Is it so bad..? Will it crash my HDD..?

If it is I am going to get a UPS with USB and auto shut down.

tkin

Back to school!!
I have 750 UL plan 512kbps UL with out FUP.So 24x7 downloading.But sometimes power goes and UPS gets out of back up and my PC gets powered off with out shut down.It happens2-3 times in a month.Is it so bad..? Will it crash my HDD..?

Yes, that may damage your hdd, just get an APC UPS with usb connectivity, the auto shutdown works damn well, specially in win 7.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^^

not fully. just don't mix bottom PSu placed cabby & FSP at the same time. not sure about gigabyte. can anyone confirm it?

no sourav
fsp series are good but they should not be suggested with a cabby with bottom psu mounting...(i myself cant understand what to do now???)

jas i will order a sleeved 4-pin cable form TE in a couple of days (once i get confirmation about road tax & so). may order along with me.

i'll give a small suggestion. connect the CPU to UPS. & set the following in the "Power" option in Desktop>right click>properties>screensaver tab>advanced:

when i press power button, PC should "Shutdown". so you can turn PC off by pressing power switch. this isn't a good idea/plan but at least better than nothing.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

^^ i mean connect only the CPU to UPS. not monitor. this should give you 1min backup.

ajai5777

Youngling
No sam I cant do that.My activities first then only comes HDD:) I put even my modem to UPS so that the session wont be disturbed by the power cuts.
I can actually browse/chat/download in back up for atleast 12min.

rajan1311

Padawan
just got a 5670 1GB and FSP Saga II 350W PSU for a friend. Got it for Rs6900 and Rs1570 resp from Ankit infotech , bangalore....

Just noticed, the FSP is 80%+ with APFC and has 27A on 12V, how does that compare to the Gigabyte Superb 460W PSU?

Top Bottom