Post your latest Purchase

krinish

Journeyman
Bought a Canon Pixma Mp145 All in One Photo printer from Ankit Infotech yesterday, SP road.

Charge Rs 3100+ 4%VAT.

Golchha had sent me the charge as 3200+VAT.

tkin

Back to school!!
I would suggest Samsung SH-S223F

Congrats buddy.

BTW, Where from you got the hdd ?

Didn't you find the 640GB AACS model. One friend of mine just interrested in buying one.
I got it from;

Velocity Compu System
25B C.R Avenue
Kol-700 072
PH-2212-9564/9410
E-Mail- velcsys@hotmail.com / velcsys@yahoo.co.in

Tell your friend to forget about it, 640GB/750GB are not available anywhere in Chandni, not even Seagate, I searched for 2 weeks straight, tell him to get the 500GB(WD5000AACS) ones till stocks last.

The shopkeeper kept telling me "WD6400AACS was arriving" for a week but never actually arrived, may be he was telling the truth or he was playing with me.

BTW- WD GP 1TB models might be available, a few shops mentioned them, quoted-5,850/-+TAX for it, initial WD640AACS quote was 3.8k+TAX

BTW- The shopkeeper will try to convince your friend for Seagate, tell him to insist firmly and then he will get one.

Thanks for suggesting Retail Drive, I got a free front panel(white), used it with an old drive(LG) which had a broken panel.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey thanks for the suggestion.

I will tell him to insist on WD. BTW he will get ITB model.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Got a new rig for 70K!!

Got a new rig for 70K!!

OK guys,

Finally I've made my purchase.

Went to Nehru Place on Tuesday and got my rig assembled from Mass Computers, 102 Manjusha Bldg.

Here are my specs:-

Core 2 Quad 9550 ---- 15600/-
MSI P45 Platinum ---- 10800/-
Sapphire HD4870 512MB ---- 16400/-
Seagate 500GB (32MB) HDD ---- 3000/-
ASUS SATA DVD-Writer ---- 1200/-
Cooler Master Elite 330 Cabinet ---- 1900/-
Cooler Master 600W eXtreme Power ---- 3400/-
2 x 2 GB Transcend 800 MHz RAM ---- 2500/-
Dell S1909W 19" Monitor ---- 7200/-
Microsft Keyboard 500 ---- 300/-
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 1000 ---- 700/-
Altec Lansing VS3251E 5.1 Speakers ---- 4100/-
APC 650VA UPS ---- 3000/-

That's it!! I'm enjoying lotsa games on it right now.... :-D

dd_wingrider

In the zone
^^^ that is a hell of a buy, although a 22 lcd would have been icing on the cake. But anywayz its a very good config, congrats and enjoy d monster :)

a_to_z123

Actually I had to cut down a bit on my monitor to go for Sapphire and Q9550...

Anyways it looks almost the same though not as good as it wud have been on a 20" or 22"... :)

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^^ seriously , 22" surely be an eye candy ..

but u got a very good rig , which can almost run all the games @ very high settings @ 1440 X 900 .

Get the THERMAL RIGHT ULTIMA cpu cooler and try to OC it and see the FPS in gaming , especially in GTA-4

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Got a new rig for 70K!!

Got a new rig for 70K!!

OK guys,

Finally I've made my purchase.

Went to Nehru Place on Tuesday and got my rig assembled from Mass Computers, 102 Manjusha Bldg.

Here are my specs:-

That's it!! I'm enjoying lotsa games on it right now.... :-D
WARNING!! For God's(and your own) sake update the crappy firmware of your Seagate HDD to SD1A or you will lose all your data any moment, learn from someone who had suffered much.
Go here for Firmware; *seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207931

Read the news here; *www.google.com/search?hl=en&client...esult&cd=1&q=seagate+7200.11+troubles&spell=1

Or else suffer the consequences, you have been warned.

supercow

The New ASSASIN!
Re: Got a new rig for 70K!!

WARNING!! For God's(and your own) sake update the crappy firmware of your Seagate HDD to SD1A or you will lose all your data any moment, learn from someone who had suffered much.
Go here for Firmware; *seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207931

Read the news here; *www.google.com/search?hl=en&client...esult&cd=1&q=seagate+7200.11+troubles&spell=1

UPDATE OF FIRMWARE IS EASY.I HAVE 500 GB(32MB) SEAGATE HDD and I HAVE UPDATED THE FIRMWARE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM .

a_to_z123

^+1 for that

@ a_to_z123

You should have opt for core i7 rig instead of Q9550

Then i wud have set me back by another 7-8K for DDR3 + MoBo!!

I'm happy wid it now....:D

My HDD is January '09 manufactured... So I think it has the new firmware. Anyways I'll check as I access net frm another PC.

In the meantime can u gimme the link to download the new firmware revision. i can't fin it on the website!!

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Then i wud have set me back by another 7-8K for DDR3 + MoBo!!

I'm happy wid it now....:D

they are right , u should have really bought the corei7 rig , cause @ this stage HD 4870 Core2Quad 9550 is not necessary

this config would made u more happiness
vvv

corei7 920
Gigabyte UD5 (or) MSI X58 platinum
3 GB DDR3 1333
HD 4850

actually both the mother boards comes with full pcie X16 crossfire , so in the future u can crossfire another HD 4850

for ur 19" monitor HD 4850 can take up to the limit also DDR3 ram will increase more FPS

Top Bottom