Post your latest Purchase

bubusam13

Human
I don't remember if non-tech items are welcome here or not. If not, I will remove this comment.
I bought binoculars for stargazing, SVBony SA204 10x50 from
Congratulations. From which location you are stargazing ? And does these binos have night vision. I am a novice in binoculars. I hope you got green laser as well.

Stellarium also helps in finding the milkyway, for some Astro photography. But light pollution spoils it.

P.S: Thank you for the purchase of MS Office 2021 keys. If any other member wants, can get it from me, I only have a few left.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@patkim @RumbaMon19 @bubusam13 thank you for suggestions.
@bubusam13 no laser in the binoculars I bought. In fact I didn't even know we have that option. I will keep this in mind for the next binocular I purchase.

I think to spot moons of Jupiter we need at least 12x60 bins. But I am definitely going to give it a try with the bins I have. I am from Chennai and waiting for the (unexpected)cloudy weather to pass. The lights from nearby construction site makes it almost impossible to spot planets. But I plan to carry this whenever I travel.

bubusam13

Human
I meant green laser pointer. It can be used to point stars.

P.S: I learnt about stargazing and green lasers in IIT Madras, and you are at Chennai as well. Coincidence.

kaz

right here
Late post, a few things I got in February

20230224_140233.jpg

20230224_140326.jpg

20230415_121139-01.jpeg

20230222_105457.jpg

kaz

right here
wowie thats a nice investment dude. I wanted a drone too but FPV. But I need to stay in one place to have time to build it.
DJI Avata is the beginner's FPV drone at 125-120k. I heard the learning curve with FPV is much more than remote-controlled ones. Also, many find it not so comfortable to operate so do try one before pulling the trigger.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think I'll try building my own, using parts. FPV is very prone to crashes and breaking it is quite easy, If i build my own repairing it will be easy with spares. But not planning just yet, will change country again in a few months.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
DJI Avata is the beginner's FPV drone at 125-120k. I heard the learning curve with FPV is much more than remote-controlled ones. Also, many find it not so comfortable to operate so do try one before pulling the trigger.
What is the current rule on Drone in India ? Can we import it or take it in Airport luggage ? Flying restrictions ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yeah I'd like to know too. DId you do any research @kaz. What about drone operator license ?
The last I heard is that only Police & Wedding Photographers/Special Occasion (with approval from Police) can use Drones.

Found this blog on rules: *dronesgator.com/india-drone-laws/

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The last I heard is that only Police & Wedding Photographers/Special Occasion (with approval from Police) can use Drones.

Found this blog on rules: *dronesgator.com/india-drone-laws/
Not really, there are multiple categories. I think below 5 inch diameter, you might not need license.

kaz

right here
@Nerevarine @Zangetsu We can fly drones weighing <250gms in green zone without any restriction. For 250-2000gms you need to register the drone on DGCA's SKY portal and above that you need a license.
The Mini 3 pro comes with a small battery in the box which makes it 249gms, then there is another set of batteries which you get with the Fly More Kit Plus which weighs more and puts the drone in the 250gm+ category. So, a smart move by DJI to avoid restrictions in most countries by providing lighter batteries :-D
In some countries, they are not allowed to sell the bigger batteries and there they offer the Fly More Kit (without the plus)

Import is banned for general use, only for defence and R&D it is allowed. I have heard people tried carrying drones from Dubai by keeping the drone body, remote, and propellers in different check-in bags. Some were successful and for the unlucky ones customs officers seized the drone. So, not a good idea to try importing unless you have a friend working at the airport or a vidhayak chacha.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
@Nerevarine @Zangetsu We can fly drones weighing <250gms in green zone without any restriction. For 250-2000gms you need to register the drone on DGCA's SKY portal and above that you need a license.
The Mini 3 pro comes with a small battery in the box which makes it 249gms, then there is another set of batteries which you get with the Fly More Kit Plus which weighs more and puts the drone in the 250gm+ category. So, a smart move by DJI to avoid restrictions in most countries by providing lighter batteries :-D
In some countries, they are not allowed to sell the bigger batteries and there they offer the Fly More Kit (without the plus)

Import is banned for general use, only for defence and R&D it is allowed. I have heard people tried carrying drones from Dubai by keeping the drone body, remote, and propellers in different check-in bags. Some were successful and for the unlucky ones customs officers seized the drone. So, not a good idea to try importing unless you have a friend working at the airport or a vidhayak chacha.
This fucking sucks, to be honest. Indian govt just does not understand tech and innovation.

bubusam13

Human
☝️That is exactly how I feel. Indian businesses may have taken the lead, similar to DJI. When drone technology was still in its infancy ten years ago, our government banned the use of drones citing security concerns. Not just drones, even spares were difficult to obtain.

Top Bottom