Post your latest Purchase

@omega44-xt *apc.estorewale.com/ is the official online store of APC India. They are selling in Amazon and Flipkart as well with a little bit bumped up price.
Why was Hogwarts Legacy's playability linked to UPS? >>> I have two 600VA UPS. When GPU load increases, none was not able to handle power requirement. So I had to turn off RayTracing and DLSS, and also reduce the quality. Now I am playing in Ultra setting. (I found NIS quality better than DLSS)

@Nerevarine Yes, as mentioned above with the previous UPS. Actually I have APC BX600 and iBall Nirantar. Even though APC is presumed better, the iBall handles the load much better.
600VA is not meant to handle gaming rigs. It might be able to handle ones with weak GPUs, like <150W ones.

I don't use small website like those mainly because of shipping & returns. Amazon is faster + handles returns much better. If price difference isn't huge, I will pay the higher amount on amazon over flipkart.

I'm not using any upscaling, just rendering it natively for Hogwarts. I'm playing at 1440p med on my rig because of 1% low fps. My system can easily handle 1440p high, but in Hogsmeade & certain castle areas, fps tanks to below 50 at times which is annoying to me. At med, many times fps is over 100fps. Game needs a major performance improvement patch, else its great. Might just become Game of the Year.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I don't remember if non-tech items are welcome here or not. If not, I will remove this comment.
I bought binoculars for stargazing, SVBony SA204 10x50 from
*tejraj.com/product/svbony-10x50-porro-wp-binocular

*imgur.com/L6zOOTh

*imgur.com/GdGUmvO

Binoculars are recommended for beginners hence went for this instead of telescope. Please suggest some website which tells about upcoming sky events, like Jupiter and Venus were visible from Earth from naked eye just about 2 weeks back.

Also bought MS Office 2021 keys from @bubusam13 ! Finally I can edit docs without messing up the format, I was using Apache Open Office until now.

Last edited:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
You may use *stellarium-web.org/ It also had a desktop app which I had installed a few years ago. Check if it's also available now.
Search for your location and select it. It will show you the real time sky map for that location.
You can search for stars and planets and find them on the map. If they are visible in night sky or on the other half of the globe where sun is present.
Align the orientation as per North South East West directions and you shall be good to go.
From the city sky only a handful of stars and planets are visible but if you go outskirts away from the city, you literally see the patch of the milky way in night sky.

I would be interested to know if at that magnification rings of Saturn (faint) and 4 prominent moons of Jupiter (4 dots besides the planet) are visible.

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
I don't remember if non-tech items are welcome here or not. If not, I will remove this comment.
I bought binoculars for stargazing, SVBony SA204 10x50 from
Congratulations. From which location you are stargazing ? And does these binos have night vision. I am a novice in binoculars. I hope you got green laser as well.

Stellarium also helps in finding the milkyway, for some Astro photography. But light pollution spoils it.

P.S: Thank you for the purchase of MS Office 2021 keys. If any other member wants, can get it from me, I only have a few left.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@patkim @RumbaMon19 @bubusam13 thank you for suggestions.
@bubusam13 no laser in the binoculars I bought. In fact I didn't even know we have that option. I will keep this in mind for the next binocular I purchase.

I think to spot moons of Jupiter we need at least 12x60 bins. But I am definitely going to give it a try with the bins I have. I am from Chennai and waiting for the (unexpected)cloudy weather to pass. The lights from nearby construction site makes it almost impossible to spot planets. But I plan to carry this whenever I travel.

bubusam13

Human
I meant green laser pointer. It can be used to point stars.

P.S: I learnt about stargazing and green lasers in IIT Madras, and you are at Chennai as well. Coincidence.

kaz

right here
Late post, a few things I got in February

20230224_140233.jpg

20230224_140326.jpg

20230415_121139-01.jpeg

20230222_105457.jpg

kaz

right here
wowie thats a nice investment dude. I wanted a drone too but FPV. But I need to stay in one place to have time to build it.
DJI Avata is the beginner's FPV drone at 125-120k. I heard the learning curve with FPV is much more than remote-controlled ones. Also, many find it not so comfortable to operate so do try one before pulling the trigger.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think I'll try building my own, using parts. FPV is very prone to crashes and breaking it is quite easy, If i build my own repairing it will be easy with spares. But not planning just yet, will change country again in a few months.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
DJI Avata is the beginner's FPV drone at 125-120k. I heard the learning curve with FPV is much more than remote-controlled ones. Also, many find it not so comfortable to operate so do try one before pulling the trigger.
What is the current rule on Drone in India ? Can we import it or take it in Airport luggage ? Flying restrictions ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yeah I'd like to know too. DId you do any research @kaz. What about drone operator license ?
The last I heard is that only Police & Wedding Photographers/Special Occasion (with approval from Police) can use Drones.

Found this blog on rules: *dronesgator.com/india-drone-laws/

Last edited:
Top Bottom