Post your latest Purchase

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The last I heard is that only Police & Wedding Photographers/Special Occasion (with approval from Police) can use Drones.

Found this blog on rules: *dronesgator.com/india-drone-laws/
Not really, there are multiple categories. I think below 5 inch diameter, you might not need license.

kaz

right here
@Nerevarine @Zangetsu We can fly drones weighing <250gms in green zone without any restriction. For 250-2000gms you need to register the drone on DGCA's SKY portal and above that you need a license.
The Mini 3 pro comes with a small battery in the box which makes it 249gms, then there is another set of batteries which you get with the Fly More Kit Plus which weighs more and puts the drone in the 250gm+ category. So, a smart move by DJI to avoid restrictions in most countries by providing lighter batteries :-D
In some countries, they are not allowed to sell the bigger batteries and there they offer the Fly More Kit (without the plus)

Import is banned for general use, only for defence and R&D it is allowed. I have heard people tried carrying drones from Dubai by keeping the drone body, remote, and propellers in different check-in bags. Some were successful and for the unlucky ones customs officers seized the drone. So, not a good idea to try importing unless you have a friend working at the airport or a vidhayak chacha.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
@Nerevarine @Zangetsu We can fly drones weighing <250gms in green zone without any restriction. For 250-2000gms you need to register the drone on DGCA's SKY portal and above that you need a license.
The Mini 3 pro comes with a small battery in the box which makes it 249gms, then there is another set of batteries which you get with the Fly More Kit Plus which weighs more and puts the drone in the 250gm+ category. So, a smart move by DJI to avoid restrictions in most countries by providing lighter batteries :-D
In some countries, they are not allowed to sell the bigger batteries and there they offer the Fly More Kit (without the plus)

Import is banned for general use, only for defence and R&D it is allowed. I have heard people tried carrying drones from Dubai by keeping the drone body, remote, and propellers in different check-in bags. Some were successful and for the unlucky ones customs officers seized the drone. So, not a good idea to try importing unless you have a friend working at the airport or a vidhayak chacha.
This fucking sucks, to be honest. Indian govt just does not understand tech and innovation.

bubusam13

Human
☝️That is exactly how I feel. Indian businesses may have taken the lead, similar to DJI. When drone technology was still in its infancy ten years ago, our government banned the use of drones citing security concerns. Not just drones, even spares were difficult to obtain.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
This fucking sucks, to be honest. Indian govt just does not understand tech and innovation.

More like Hate tech and innovation. They have literally made import of ICs so much difficult for businesses, it is impossible for consumers. More like they have banned ICs import too.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
dess.PNG

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Screenshot_2023-05-05-13-23-15-21_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.jpg

I bought this thermal paste from amazon.de. Apparently this is meant for VRMs. I bought this for my friend back home who needs to repaste his zephyrus g14.

This thing

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=K91dqC0sWrg&t=62s

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
IMG_5653.JPG

Finally I decided to invest some on keyboard and got myself Logitech MX keys non mechanical.
I skipped Keychron because I need a full sized keyboard, I need faster switching between devices and a low profile that gives a minimalist look to my desk.
Also got the Hard Cover edition of the Orange book as hard cover is more appealing.
Also the plant to purify the air in my home office.
A Hawkins Contura for food.
A guillotine to cut paper.

Hrishi

Got myself a new bike! Dominar 250.
While I am coming from Avenger 220 Street, which is not a huge leap but the jump in ergonomics and power delivery is certainly big! This feels way more like a touring machine than Avenger ever did.
0I5A4866_2.jpg

Top Bottom