Post your latest Purchase

pillainp

Journeyman
I know it's expensive, but as far as I am concerned, I am always happier to have and not need than to need and not have. So I tend to spend a little extra to get something better that the run of the mill:

The tripod I already have, the SLIK F730 (2.7K), like all mass market tripods, is a flimsy piece of kit that can never keep a camera steady. I will creep, it will sway, it will tremble - in effect, it is your worst enemy in trying to get a good picture when you need it. You never always need it, but when you do, it is a real PITA to keep steady.

A good tripod, on the other hand will cost almost cost what I spent here, and in many cases way more.

Take any combo of a set of Manfrotto, Benro, Gitzo (and it hurts just to say that name), Vanguard, or other good brand of tripod legs, pair them with a good quality ball head from any of the poor selection available from any of those manufacturers in our piss-ant market, and see how much it costs. I can guarantee you will end up with a figure around how much I spent. If you go Gitzo or a Carbon Fibre tripod from any of the above manufacturers, you will be looking at something way north of 25K.

So I'd rather have a good steady tripod for my occasional use at a high price than a poor one that makes me miss the shot when I need it the most.

The camera and tripod most always travel with me in the car, so I can be ready for a good shot if I ever have the luck to be in the right place at the right time (which I almost never am).

:)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats bro...is it a Carbon fiber tripod ....and y pistol grip head pre attached...all pro tripods dont carry any head all ..
This is the Aluminium version.
The CF version of this tripod, the Abeo Pro 283CT, costs almost 8K more than the Aluminium Abeo Pro 283AT which are the legs I am getting at a weight savings of only around 250 gm (legs alone). The head is the GH-300T in both cases, so that makes no difference.

The reason I am buying head and legs together as a kit:

1) Although they are available separately, and I originally intended to buy them that way, I later found that they are available as a kit, so there was no need for me to buy as separate head and legs and then have to go through the hassle of attaching them.

2) Prices on Snapdeal.com:
a) Vanguard GH-300T Gun Type Ball Head : Rs 11321 (minus 5% discount - Rs. 566) = Rs. 10,755/-

b) Vanguard Abeo Pro 283AT Aluminum Tripod : Rs 13253 (minus 5% discount - Rs. 662) = Rs. 12,591/-

TOTAL : Rs. 23,346/-

c) Vanguard Abeo Pro 283AGH Aluminum Tripod with GH-300T Grip Head : Rs 23613 (minus 5% discount - Rs. 1180) = Rs. 22,433/-

ie a savings of around Rs. 900/- for exactly the same equipment, only sold together as a kit instead of separately as legs and head.

And I still have the option of changing out the head or legs later if I see the need to.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
mine is 4k vanguard tripod...and I am not happy with that ...when I put my D7000+17-50 on it head tilts downwards...and slowly goes down like pisa tower ..I cant even imagine to put my 150-500 on it ...tripod's max weight is 3KG but it cant even handle 1.5 KG ..

I will get a descent benro or manfrotto tripod someday ....specially for macro and wideangle

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
mine is 4k vanguard tripod...and I am not happy with that ...when I put my D7000+17-50 on it head tilts downwards...and slowly goes down like pisa tower ..I cant even imagine to put my 150-500 on it ...tripod's max weight is 3KG but it cant even handle 1.5 KG ..

I will get a descent benro or manfrotto tripod someday ....specially for macro and wideangle

D7000+17-50 is like the same weight as a 600D + 18-55 I'd guess ?

pillainp

Journeyman

My current SLIK F730 has a nasty habit of drooping no matter how much I tighten the head.

And no, I currently do not have any super gigantic cameras or lenses, just my 70D with a grip and a Tamron 70-300 VC and Canon 15-85 IS USM. I just need the tripod to be steady.

And since I needed a new tripod anyway, I thought I would get a good one now and not regret buying a poor one later.

@sujoyp:

The great advantage of the Vanguard Alta Pro and Abeo Pro tripods is that you can pull out the centre column entirely and angle it.

The Manfrotto also can do that, but it can only be vertical or horizontal, while the Vanguard can be locked at any position between vertical up and down to 180ͦ with the camera hanging downward.

When I checked out the Manfrotto 055XPROB, which I was planning to buy, I was stronly reminded of a broken chicken neck, which is why I gave up on it. Only either horizontal or upward vertical. Any positon you have to hold it up by hand.

You can also lock the legs on this tripod at various angle, even nearly flat.

If you are planning to buy a Manfrotto, the Alta Pro 263AT with a ball head like the SBH-100 will set you back by only about the same amount.

Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT Tripod Review

Also, unlike the Manfrotto, these tripods have a hook at the bottom of the centre column from which you can hang a weight to lend extra stability.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
bought IEM !

*i.imgur.com/rrdthcF.jpg

@538
coming from nokia WH-205 headset, noticed the following:
# definitely has bigger bass, comparing to this, wh bass sounds like beating empty tin cans.
# 16 ohm impedance is nice, allows me to hear music conveniently with higher cellphone volume level than the lowest level i used to hear.
# highs are not as high as wh, lows and meds seem to be stronger.
# altering equalizer by pushing highs higher, and lows a lil lower looks like giving nicer outputs.
# sound quality is over all good
happy ! :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
bought IEM !

*i.imgur.com/rrdthcF.jpg

@538
coming from nokia WH-205 headset, noticed the following:
# definitely has bigger bass, comparing to this, wh bass sounds like beating empty tin cans.
# 16 ohm impedance is nice, allows me to hear music conveniently with higher cellphone volume level than the lowest level i used to hear.
# highs are not as high as wh, lows and meds seem to be stronger.
# altering equalizer by pushing highs higher, and lows a lil lower looks like giving nicer outputs.
# sound quality is over all good
happy ! :)

Congrats! Which model and from where?

Top Bottom