Post Your GNU/Linux Desktop here

praka123

left this forum longback
hitbox.champion:woah!is it using compiz-fusion?and i wonder how much RAM and which GFX card do u have :D :?
too cool to say!yes,screw thumbnails,but occassionally! :D

Then,
Introducing the real 3D Compiz!

Wodor has hacked together an anaglyph plugin for Compiz that turns ordinary monitor into a real 3D one. The blurry image you see below is an anaglyph rendered by the plugin, you need 3D glasses or use anything transparent red (left eye) and cyan(right eye) to view the magic.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2150/1813501546_46a7ce00ca.jpg
click here to view it enlarged, you should see desktop icons drop back and windows floating in air.​
Although I do not think that people would be wearing funny glasses all day long to work on their PC, possibilities this plugin presents are quite exciting for gamers and everyone wanting to show off the ‘real’ 3D desktop.​
The plugin is in testing/unstable/unsupported home:cyberorg git repository.​
Edit: Few more images and source tarball here: *wodor.org/anaglyph/​

*dev.compiz-fusion.org/~cyberorg/2007/11/01/introducing-the-real-3d-compiz/

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Read thru the whole thing. I'm impressed :) Wid things like multitouch and 3d desktop becoming a reality, yet affordable to the common man OSS has come a long way :)

PS: I realised Mac4Lin has reached places I hadn't imagined. In the screenshot above cyberorg is using the Mac4Lin icon and GTK theme!!!

praka123

left this forum longback
^^ true? :shock: @infradude:you should apply to arts and customization dept of Novell suse or canonical :D

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
infra_red_dude said:
Read thru the whole thing. I'm impressed :) Wid things like multitouch and 3d desktop becoming a reality, yet affordable to the common man OSS has come a long way :)

PS: I realised Mac4Lin has reached places I hadn't imagined. In the screenshot above cyberorg is using the Mac4Lin icon and GTK theme!!!
dude, you are famous now:D
also make a nice looking homepage for MAc4lin

praka123

left this forum longback
:shock:
its working few hours before.yeah,i too getting 403 :(
edit:its up again
*dev.compiz-fusion.org/~cyberorg/2007/11/01/introducing-the-real-3d-compiz/

BTW,someone with 3D glasses lend me for viewing this! :p

praka123

left this forum longback
*dev.compiz-fusion.org/~cyberorg/
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/3068/1813501546_46a7ce00ca_b.jpg
^^^image
well,sometimes it is up,then down :lol:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Actually now that Mac4Lin has become famous, I'm worried :( Hope I'm not sued. I think I'll be removing the Apple icon from the next release, just to be safe.

F

FilledVoid

Yay my first customized desktop in Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.
*img261.imageshack.us/img261/9599/myfirstdesktopcx4.th.png

Its really not as good as some of them posted here but Im happy I was able to do it with some help from QwertyManiac and other members on freenode.

Last edited by a moderator:

rocket357

Security freak
My latest at work (I used to have WinXP running on the dual core and Gentoo running on the Celeron, but I took the time to swap them around when our SQL Server dev machine got upgraded (making it usable for work haha) since all I really need WinXP for is testing our webapps in IE6/7). I decided to follow the seamlessrdp guide so I could use both monitors on my Gentoo box, and it's working out nicely =)

*img2.putfile.com/thumb/11/31510523338.jpg

faraaz

Evil Genius
After a lot of arguing with a friend who is an ardent fan of Linux Mint...I have just installed Daryna on my laptop last night. After fiddling with gnome for about half an hour, here is the result...

*img259.imageshack.us/img259/98/screenshot1yp4.th.png

*img406.imageshack.us/img406/6926/screenshot2hz2.th.png

faraaz

Evil Genius
Well...I removed all the things about Mint that used to piss me off...so for the moment, apart from that annoying menu, everything else is the same as Ubuntu stock...

But yeah...its a bit overloaded with stuff I don't need and need to streamline it...otherwise its okay...

Top Bottom